[I] SOON

~ CHOICES ~

 

Soon

The day was bright and sunny. No rain, no extreme heat, and a little cloudy. Perfect weather for the first day of school. Bae Soo Ji had awaited for this time to come. She made sure she was prepared for everything and had proper rest sleeping early last night. Her bag was packed, uniform ironed and hung, black leather shoes scrubbed and shined. She fixed her bed neatly before going out to the kitchen to cook breakfast and pack lunch and some snacks. She took a quick shower and dressed-up after eating an inadequate meal, grabbed the keys to the door and swung the bag to her back. She passed by the wall shelf and held a picture frame in her hands.

"Morning..." she whispered to the photograph of a middle-aged couple. "I'm going to a new school today.... Aren't you proud?" she stared at it silently until tears had streamed down her cheeks from the memory that just flashed through her eyes. She placed it back on the shelf and wiped her salty tears with the back of her hand before slowly making her way to the door.

When Bae Soo Ji was about to lock the apartment, still snifling from the scene earlier, her phone rang loudly, the sound echoed across the quite halls and she knew it was the one person that would call her often.

"Yah, Hyo Bae-" she whined.

"What? No greeting?" the male on the other line cut in.

"Good Morning oppa..." she replied forcefully in a girly tone.

"Actually it's dusk here, anyways. Morning! Little Ji ready for school?"

"Neh, I brought everything I need. And stop calling me that~ I'm not a kid anymore. I'm a junior now and don't you think a kid who survived all these years without her parents and HER BROTHER studying on the other side of the planet would be able to take care of herself by now?" she spoke sarcastically.

"Geez~ I was just teasing.... No need to make me feel guilty for not being there for you all this time. So, how is it there?"

"All is well, cried a bit when I saw umma and appa again. It's still early and I have to get there early too for my interview with the dean."

"Oh right, I forgot about that. Well, I'm sure they've finalized granting you that scholarship you deserve."

"Thanks, oppa. I have to go now. I still have to walk all the way there."

"I know. Be safe, okay. I hope you'll do great in your new school. FIGHTING! I have to get back to work now. Make some friends~ Tell the landlord I'll be sending the payment today. Bye sis."

"Arasso. Bye." before she could drop the call, the other line had already ended and she rushed down the stairs remembering the mission her brother had tasked her.

Upon arriving at the foyer, she rang the brass bell and an old man popped out from behind the counter. He smiled at her.

"Morning Mr. Chang." she bowed lightly to their landlord. Mr. Chang has been the landlord of Suzy's father before their parents even met and had vowed to take care of his children long after he's gone, such tragedy it was earlier than they'd expected. He treated her like the daughter he never had and in return, she views him as an uncle dearest to her heart.

"Suzy, you're up early. You must be on your way to school?"

She nodded. "Oppa called and said he's mailing the rent pay right now..."

"Oh, it's alright... He can send it anytime..."

"No, uncle.... We've already postponed it so many times, it's a burden..."

"It's really fine, don't worry yourself. I promised to your father I'd be considerate..."

"Thank you so much, ahjussi. I have to go first..." she bid him goodbye and stepped down to the street, walking briskly along the sidewalk.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*RRRRIIIIIINNNGGGGG

The alarm on the bedside drawer went off. In a instant, identical looking women in white ruffled skirts with black aprons simultaneously opened the curtains in Kai's room. The sunshine filtered by the glass illuminated the silverglade. One was dusting off every surface and another vacuumed the carpeted floor. One of them pulled the sheets as the other placed fluffy slippers right under the boy's feet and robe to match as he stood up from the mattress. He walked up to the east-faced oriel of their seaside villa. A polished man in a fit grey suit had stood behind him and he knew it was the one person to greet him first everyday.

"Good day, Martin." he smiled to the reflection on the window.

"Mister Jongin, we have prepared your meal this morning. It's made special today." His trusty butler anounced to him. This day wasn't special to him. He knows how it would be like, how it's been like for the past years. The first day of school was just the same as a normal school day, he'd be completely alone. But so he thought, something might turn his day around.

"Why? Are Mom and Dad home?" he beemed for a moment.

"I'm truly sorry, sir. They are not. I believe they are still in L.A. for their big case..."

"Ohh... I thought they were going to send me off to school today..." he returned to gazing at the weak waves crashing on the shore.

"If they had the time sir, I know they would be here for you..."

"I know that too Martin, but....." he looked down trying to hide his watery eyes, "there's nothing wrong with wishing."

"I understand. Will you still be coming down for breakfast sir?"

"Yeah yeah, I'll just wash up first." he waved dismissively without looking back. The aged man went his way and when he was about to close the door, he switched on the lights at the glass-cased mannequin display beside the mahogany wardrobe. Kai turned his head to the brightly lit side of the room.

"I don't think I can bare another year of this." he shook his head at the sight of his school uniform. After a hot bath and styled himself, he took the grand staircase to the villa's triclinium to have a taste of the feast set just for him.

"Sir, the ride your parents sent has arrived." Martin said bringing his school bag.

"Okay, I just finished eating." he grabbed the pack hanging from the butler's arm. He rised from his seat and walked to the enormous double doors leading out to the porch. The footman made way for the lad, opening the doors for him. The limo drove out of the steel gates. It would be half an hour away to the city. The boy pressed down the car divider.

"Take me to Elliteu Ma-eum High." he told the driver. In response, he tugged on his cap and the divider was pulled back up.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"This is it..." Soo Ji looked up at the signboard. ELLITEU MA-EUM HIGH SCHOOL. She neared the guard post at the entrance.

"Hello?" she called out. A guard dozing off fell from his chair.

"Huh? Who's there? What is your purpose?" he questioned her.

"Bae Soo Ji, I'm here to enrol. I'm a new student. Could you let me in?" the guard scartched on his head and hesitantly opened the small gate for her.

"It's been a while since someone passed this way. It's usually all cars." Suzy thought about it. She'd be the only one in school who doesn't go in by a fancy car. Speaking of which, the guard has already left her side to open the big gate for a limo to enter. The vehicle parked at the dropping area and a handsome boy walked out in front of her. Their eyes make contact and their gazes don't break.

She doesn't look like someone from here. But she's just another student who'll figure it out soon. No one would come close too me because of those rumors. He thought in his mind and walked away.

Suzy went the other way going to the principal's office. He didn't even greet me good morning. He's just another student who'll figure it out soon. No one would come close to me because I'm not like them.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

So that's the first part to chapter 1.... Sorry I just updated it now. Exams just finished ;) Part 2 will be posted whenever depending on my school sched, maybe next weekend because it will be holiday here again. Thanks for subscribing to my fic and if you haven't read my first one here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/442876/i-didn-t-see-this-coming-comedy-drama-romance-exo-kai-hunhan-kyungsoo

 

Leave your comments down there.... Kamsa~