Meeting New People

Aftermath

The forest was silent. A deadly silent that was completely unnatural. Like a calm before the storm.

An unnatural gust of wind forced all the vegetation in the area to move in the direction that the anomaly went. A few moments after, two more gusts of wind went through the area after the first one. Minhyun’s ears perked up at the unusual disturbance. He sniffed the air for more information. His eyes widened when he realized it was members from the Infinite pack. He grabbed Jae immediately and ran in the opposite direction of the scent, ignoring their human pack member’s questions.

Yoonjo, who was standing watch outside as the rest of her pack was either hunting for food or tending to their injured in the den, also heard the noise and gathered the information from the air. She ran inside immediately when she realized a few members of Infinite were coming in their direction.

“Oppa!” she yelled out at Aron. “Infinite’s coming at top speeds toward us!”

Aron furrowed his eyebrows and placed the freshly squeezed cold towel over JR’s forehead before following Yoonjo outside. Not long after he came out, Hoya appeared before Aron huffing and puffing heavily in the cold winter air as his eyes glowed a bright gold. With a vicious growl, Hoya charged at Aron with a full force body slam. Yoonjo screamed in shock, alerting her pack members that were in their den. Baekho, the only one well enough to walk out of their den, came out and growled at Hoya, tackling the furious werewolf off their leader. Yoonjo howled in distress for the rest of her able members that were out hunting. When Aron managed to compose himself, he jumped in front of Baekho, transforming into his full wolf form in the process to be more on par with Hoya’s power.

“What the , Hoya?!” growled Aron as he arched his back at the opposing werewolf.

“How do you know Kira’s a familiar?! Where did you find this information from?!” Hoya demanded furiously. Without even waiting for an answer, he lunged at Aron. Luckily, the leader of New Venus did not receive the impact as two other members of Infinite tackled Hoya back, pinning him down on the ground.

“Hoya, what the hell is wrong with you?! This isn’t helping anyone!” Woohyun yelled in irritation. As if he wasn’t stressed enough about their leader being severely injured. He really didn’t want to have to chase after an ill-tempered Hoya (especially because an ill-tempered Hoya is 10 times harder to deal with than a normal Hoya, which wasn’t easy to deal with to begin with). Dongwoo struggled with Woohyun to keep Hoya pinned down.

As the two members of Infinite fought with Hoya, the New Venus’ pack members that had been hunting returned at Yoonjo’s call. Alice went to Aron immediately while Ren and Yooyoung stood behind Aron with Baekho and Yoonjo, ready to take action if needed. The two alphas nuzzled briefly, for Alice to make sure Aron was okay and for Aron to indicate that he was. They turned in concern at the struggling Hoya.

Due to Hoya’s furious state, his senses were also heightened. The new group of werewolves that came into the air wafted a slight smell of human with them. It was very faint and had Hoya not been in such a sensitive state, he wouldn’t have even noticed. However, he did, angering him more, forcing himself out of the grip of Woohyun and Dongwoo and charging at Alice. Aron intercepted his path and threw him away from Alice with a threatening snarl.

“Your pack smells of human, Aron,” Hoya accused with a glare. “Have you been hanging around humans?! Is that where you get your information from?!”

“Hoya, what are you talking about?! Have you lost your mind?” Dongwoo asked in concern as he pulled his friend back away from the other pack.

“I know what I smell. You smell of the same human. Is that human the source of your information?!” Without even waiting for an answer, Hoya followed the path of the scent that came off Alice and ran off (with poor Dongwoo and Woohyun chasing after him again).

“He’s going after Jae!” gasped Baekho.

“Where’s Minhyun?” Yoonjo finally noticed.

“Keeping Jae safe, I hope. Come on, we need to go after them to make sure they don’t find, Jae,” Aron commanded as he charged after the Infinite werewolves.

~

 The next day that YongGuk walked Tigger, he came across the restaurant that the six of them had gone to the other day. He looked down at Tigger, remembering the moment when his loyal companion had made that one waitress uncomfortable.

“Hey, Tigger, you remember the last time we were here?” YongGuk asked.

“Yes!” barked Tigger.

“Why did you harass that waitress? You normally don’t go wandering off like that,” YongGuk questioned as he stared back at the restaurant.

“Tigger bad?” whimpered the dog when he thought YongGuk was scolding him for his behavior, ears dropping and everything. The mage chuckled, patting Tigger on the head.

“I didn’t mean it like that. I just found it strange. Why were you so interested about the waitress?” YongGuk clarified.

“Wrong human!”

YongGuk furrowed his eyebrow and lifted the corner of his lips in confusion, trying to understand what Tigger meant. Before he could ask again, said person came out of the restaurant in casual clothes. He stared rather conspicuously at her, still deciphering what Tigger meant.

“Wrong human! Wrong human!” Tigger repeated loudly. SuMi startled at the loud barking of Tigger. Her eyes widened in fear and worry when she saw it was one of the mages from last time. Without waiting for an explanation as to why he was staring at her, she darted away as fast as she can away from him.

“Wait!” YongGuk called out as he chased after her.

“Wrong human!” Tigger kept repeating as he ran besides YongGuk.

“What do you mean, ‘wrong human?’ What does ‘wrong human’ mean?” YongGuk inquired as he kept his eyes on the fleeing female.

“Human is wrong!”

“Wrong? As in she did something bad?”

“Wrong! Not bad, wrong!”

“Aish! I don’t understand what you mean, Tigger!” the frustrated mage cursed out as he continued pondering over what the dog was trying to tell him. It was clearly very important information. But what did it mean? Wrong human? As he turned the corner, the girl disappeared. Shocked and unsure, YongGuk checked all around the area with no sign of her. “Tigger, where did she go?”

He waited as the dog sniffed around the ground. When the canine looked up, YongGuk followed its’ line of vision.

“Up? How is that possible?” he mumbled. Regardless, he closed his eyes and tapped his forehead, trying to jog his memory of the teleportation spell.

~

With a sigh of relief, SuMi peeked over the edge of the building she just scaled to see if he was still there. When she didn’t see him, she stood up straight and looked around. Did he give up? She fluttered her wings ever so slightly, a bit stiff from the lack of use, before tucking them back into hiding.

“EEK!” screamed SuMi in shock to see the person she was trying to avoid standing right behind her (with his dog) seemingly just as shocked as she was to see him.

“Now I understand what ‘wrong human’ means…” he mumbled under her breath as he witness the whole transformation. She was frozen in shock. What was she supposed to do now? The absolute last person has learned her secret. Should she run for it? What was the point? He knew what she looked like. Her eyes began to glow as her wings spanned behind her. She had no choice but to fight. Her only hope is to kill him.

“SuMi-sshi, that won’t be necessary. I’m not here to fight you and I have no interest in exposing you,” YongGuk revealed with his hands up in surrender. “You don’t seem to have any intent on harming the people around you. But I will be keeping my eye on you.”

Slowly, she relaxed her wings although she didn’t tuck them away for insurance. YongGuk recognized this and spoke calmly to show he meant no harm.

“So…what is your name and what are you?”

She stared at him, wondering if she should answer truthfully.

“My name is Su…

 

…I’m an abandoned runt from a Stymphalian flock.”

~

EunMi stared at the bare tree as she walked from her home to B.A.P’s office. She bit her lip in worry. Sungjong had said he would be back soon yet she has not seen the beanie, the signal of his well-being. Unable to do much else but wait, she resumed her trek. Upon arrival, she was disappointed to only find HimChan and the magnae line there.

“Where’s the Daebutt?” she asked HimChan.

“He’s helping YoungJae train his fox,” the second-in-command answered before telling her to be quiet. His eyes were glued to the T.V…almost literally. If he was any closer to the T.V., he might not be actually able to see what was on the screen.

“…do I even want to know?” EunMi mumbled to the magnae line.

“He’s hoping Ailee will win this week’s music show,” JongUp answered.

“We wanted to watch Pokémon, but Hyung won’t let us change the channel…” pouted JunHong.

“Do you guys ever get any work done?” she accused with a shake of her head as she took a seat to watch since she was waiting for DaeHyun.

“YongGukie-hyung hasn’t come to the office yet…” JunHong sadly answered. EunMi patted the pouting boy on the head. Her body nearly jumped out of her skin when HimChan suddenly screamed.

“…does YongGuk know about this?” she wondered in concern for HimChan’s eyesight.

“Why do you think Hyung’s not here right now?” JongUp chuckled.

“Smart man.”

“See, see?! I told you she was going to win! Ah! Ailee is the best!” he squealed like the devoted fangirl fanboy that he was. And with that declaration, he got up and proceeded to dance to her encore performance of “U&I.”

The three others in the room could only stare in awe. EunMi began to question her life choices at that point and pondered over questions that have been in the back of her mind for a while now. Why did she hang out with these people again? Why was HimChan so terrible at dancing? Why did she trust DaeHyun with her keys? Why did she trust DaeHyun with anything? If it weren’t for the Daebutt, she could be at home, in her bed, taking a nap by now. But instead, here she was in the office of one of the highest ranking mage units in their city, watching their second-in-command shamelessly make a fool of himself. She would have stopped him (or at least looked away) by now if the image of it all wasn’t just so entrancing. She really should stop him…

…as she continued to watch with a shake of her head.

“Ah! Did you hear?! Ailee is planning on doing a concert in our city!” HimChan revealed after the performance was over to the three others, who clearly did not care. “I’ve decided that Ailee is my angel and I will make her mine when she’s here!”

“…I’m just gonna go wait at HaNa’s shop instead. Being caught up in HimChan’s delusions was not on my list of things to do today. Give me a call when DaeHyun is back, okay?”

“EUNMI-NOONA! DON’T LEAVE US!” JunHong cried dramatically.

“BAI.”

While JunHong whined over having to listen to HimChan’s rant about how wonderful Ailee is, JongUp quietly grabbed the remote and changed the channel with a bright smile, happy to see that the new episode of Pokémon had just started.

 

=====================================================================

 

HAPPY 2ND YEAR ANNIVERSARY, B.A.P!

WHO IS EXCITED FOR 1004 AND FIRST SENSIBILITY?!

 

Nobody.

Because ing B.A.P.

 

~Kira :3