Not so happy after all

My life as an idol

If you thought that things would end at that, they didn't.

Ahyeon and Peniel officially announced their relationship to s a few weeks after they'd started dating. Obviously, the news was met with shock and surprise, but nonetheless, BTOB accepted the decision, to the couple's huge and immense relief. Minhyuk in particular, kept asking Peniel how things were rolling and being the ert that he obviously was, Minhyuk would keep giving hints and suggestions as to how to 'get down'. Of course, one of these ual conversations turned out so bad that their manager had to step in. Minhyuk and Peniel hadn't spoken to each other in a week, but finally made up after realising how stupid they were acting.

Ahyeon, too, had fared better than she had thought she would. Yeonah accepted her decision without complaint. Sunmi and Eunmi had heard about this from Yeonah, and they too, accepted her choice, although they did feel sorry for Yongguk.
However, Ahyeon was much too far away from happiness than she thought she was.
For starters, the rest of B.A.P now hated her. Daehyun blew up over the phone, and their friendship was put to an abrupt end at that. None of the other members seemed to want to talk to her either. She couldn't stop thinking about Yongguk and the day she tore his heart into itty bitty pieces. He didn't deserve to know it all so harshly. Yes, Ahyeon was harsh, and now, she was regretting that day with all her might. Knowing that she had been too harsh, knowing that he was hurting because of her, it killed her on the inside. She couldn't cope with it. She couldn't get over it. 
Each night, she cried herself to sleep. It wasn't easy for her, because she really did love Yongguk, and she broke him. The day they broke up, she had seen something she hadn't ever seen in his eyes.
Fear.
It was like he was scared of a future without her. She had thought that this would be easy, and it would eventually pass, the hangover of the break-up, but it never did.
And now, two months into their relationship, Ahyeon was far from happy. Because she felt guilty about everything.
"Ay, Ahyeon."
I'm a horrible person. I don't deserve to live.
"Ahyeon... Ahyeon..."
What I did to Yongguk was no worse than what Brian tried to do to me.
"AHYEON! GET THE UP!" Minhyuk snapped. Ahyeon bolted up, surprised and shocked that he was in her room.
"Minhyuk, what the ?!" Ahyeon grumbled, looking at the alarm clock. "It's 7:00 AM..."
"I know it is." He shrugged. "Everyone else has a schedule but you and me." 
"Aish, why you..."
"Sorry, can't let you have your lover boy." He snickered. Ahyeon forced a smile, her mind still wandering.
"What's wrong, Ahyeonie?" He asked, seeing her forced expression.
"Nothing, why?" Ahyeon chuckled lightly.
"Because you're lying and you're clearly worrying about something." Minhyuk sat down next to her and smiled sadly. "I know I can be a complete at times but that doesn't mean I don't care. So tell me."
Ahyeon groaned and her head fell so that he couldn't see her face. She poured out all her worries, crying and sniffing in between. She told him how she hated this feeling she had. How guilty she felt, how angry she was at herself, everything that troubled her. Minhyuk never said a word in between, allowing her to just let it all out and finish with what she wanted to say.
"Minhyuk, I don't know what to do anymore." Ahyeon choked. "I just- I don't even know anymore-"
"You still have feelings for Yongguk." Minhyuk said quietly. Ahyeon stopped crying and stared up at him in surprise.
"I what?" She stuttered.
"How cute. You're so innocent sometimes." Minhyuk laughed. "You do, Ahyeon. You're just really confused at the moment. Two guys, I don't see why you shouldn't be so confused."
Ahyeon was quiet. She clenched her fists, angry and confused.
"What do I do..." 
"What you think is best." Minhyuk stood up.
"What I think is best?!" Ahyeon shouted, outraged. 
"Yongguk or Peniel. Your choice. You can't satisfy both. One of them's going to end up broken, Ahyeon." Minhyuk arched his eyebrows. "You can choose to mend Yongguk's broken heart and crush Peniel's, or you can try your best to put it all behind you and look forward to what your future with Donggeun has in store for you."


"You can't get over it, can you?" Himchan asked Yongguk quietly. Yongguk was playing a war game on his PlayStation, dark circles under his eyes. He chose to ignore Himchan's comment and went back to shooting tons of people.
"Bang." Himchan got up and pulled the plug to the TV in their room. Yongguk let out a shout of anger.
"I almost beat my high score!" Yongguk growled.
" your high score, playing games won't make things any better." Himchan sat down in front of him. "So are you going to cry now, or are you going to talk about it?"
Yongguk looked down at his hands, twiddling his fingers slowly.
"Well?" Himchan arched his eyebrows. "Come on, let's not wait for the grass to grow."
"I can't believe that it's come to this." Yongguk rubbed the back of his neck. "I almost don't want to either."
"Well, it happened." Himchan shrugged. "But, Bang, I know that you don't care about that so much. Why? You still love her."
"Himchan, but why would she do that? She's not the type to betray-"
"Yongguk, betray is a strong word. Listen to me." Himchan looked at him. "Bang, she's just really confused right now. I don't think that she meant to do that-"
"Oh yeah?" Yongguk couldn't help but flare up. "Yeah? She didn't mean to do that-"
"Bang, how do you know she meant to cheat on you? And you heard her voice that day. She sounded broken. She didn't want to break up with you, is what I think-"
"But then why would she lie about it-"
"Bang, don't you get it?! She doesn't want to hurt either of you!" Himchan snapped. "She cares too much for the both of you to hurt you."
Yongguk sighed heavily, and buried his face into his palm. "Himchan, I don't know what to do anymore. I can't stop thinking about her."

"Yongguk, do you care that she slept with someone-"
"Of course I do! It troubles me. But I really love her, and I don't know what to do..."
"I think you need a break. From everything. Go back to Ijakdo." Himchan looked at his surprised face and smiled. "Give yourself some space from everything. I think the busy schedules and this situation are taking a toll on your brain."
"You know I can't, I'm the leader-"
"I talked to CEOnim and manager hyungnim. It's all covered. You'll go to Ijakdo on Sunday, okay?"
Yongguk gave Himchan a small smile of gratefulness. Himchan nodded and walked out of the room.
But Yongguk's smile fell as soon as Himchan closed the door. Because Ahyeon wasn't the only problem that was on his mind.

Zelo quickly moved to make it seem like he was passing by the door, but Himchan was too sharp. He strode up to Zelo and roughly placed his hand on his shoulder.
"Sneaking about again?" Himchan said coldly. Zelo turned red with shame. He avoided the elder man's cold gaze.
"I think you should keep this to yourself, Junhong. Don't do that stupid thing you did the last time." Himchan patted his shoulder and walked off. Zelo looked at Yongguk's door once more, and walked back to his room.
"You were spying again, weren't you?" Jongup asked upon seeing Zelo's troubled expression.
"I don't want to talk about it."
"I don't want to know." Jongup shrugged and went back to listening to music. Zelo fell on his bed, lost in his thoughts.

"Why don't you ing accept it, huh?! WHY DON'T YOU?! I don't love you-"
"Stop lying-"
"You want the truth?! Do you really want the truth?!" Zelo heard Ahyeon shout. "FINE, I'LL GIVE YOU THE MOTHER ING TRUTH! I HAD WITH SOMEONE ELSE, OKAY?!"
Zelo's eyes widened. Did she just say that? She wouldn't, right?
But seconds later, Ahyeon ran out of the kitchen. She didn't seem to notice Zelo as he stood in the hallway outside the kitchen, and then, her heard the front door slam.
Himchan's voice was heard a while later, but Zelo had heard more than enough. He rushed back to his room and collapsed on his bed, closing his eyes. A few minutes later, his door opened.
"Himchan, he's asleep."
"Was I imagining things?" Himchan's voice echoed confusion. Zelo hardly dared to breathe. 
"Just leave it, he didn't hear anything."

But Zelo had heard everything. And he had told the others, and started a chain reaction. Daehyun and Ahyeon weren't friends anymore, and Himchan and Yongguk showed a strong dislike towards the youngest for revealing what he had heard to everyone else. The situation was already bad enough, but Zelo had made it a bigger mess than it actually was. It was because of him that the other members hated Ahyeon, when they didn't even have to know. There was tension in the dorm amongst the members, and it was because of him. He clenched his blanket tightly, a surge of guilt overcoming him and nearly driving him to scream.
Zelo always screwed up things, but they weren't of great importance, and could always be mended. But this wasn't something that you could fix as easily.
Did he screw things up for good?

That night...

"Oh, Yeonah, hey-"
"Ssup, lover boy?" Yeonah's voice echoed through the phone. Peniel grinned lightly.
"Where's Ahyeon?" 
"Oh, she's gone out. She wanted to be left alone for a while."
"Alone? Is she okay?" Peniel asked worriedly.
"She seemed really down about something. I'm pretty sure she needs someone at the moment-"
"Where is she?"
"I'm not really sure, Peniel, but I heard the words 'night club', so she might be drowning herself in alcohol- Oh wait, Peniel, she just messaged me..." - there was a brief pause as Yeonah checked her messages - "She's at this club called Moonshine in Hongdae- wait, Moonshine?!"
", that's not your ordinary night club-" Peniel swore and hung up. He grabbed his jacket and rushed out of his dorm.


I wonder what will happen now...
Sorry I haven't been updating! I've been feeling pretty meh lately :( Hope you like (?) this chapter :)