Chapter 10

The Collar

~3rd Person~

     The room, moments ago dead, bursts with energy. Those at the table jump up to gather their gear and weapons, readying to go search for the last female pureblood. King Jiyong, or G. Dragon as history remembers, shoots out orders as he is brought his maps and gear, praying that the power that charges the air lasts long enough for him to find her.

     Frantically he marks regions and towns that could possibly be where the diluted energy may come from. Never in the past has the energy been so strong, you are closer to them than ever. Two cities, two kingdom he left unmarked in the maps… both new, both risen recently and posses much power. Checking his dates in a book, he feels that these two, at least one of them is too much of recent growth over the past years.

     The Dragon’s and the kingdom itself is slowly dying, to an being with elongated lifespans, that means the opposite. They were dying too fast, being hunted for the power they have as game. Their last hope was his sister, she was the last pureblood of the females. Upon her birth, and his mother’s death, she was betrothed to another pureblood… their hopes were short lived when she vanished one night. She wasn’t even a year old then… Jiyong shakes his head at the sullen thoughts and continues to work. 

     Within five minutes, the other four purebloods return ready to leave. The human faces now showing more emotion since they last had a hint of where she was. It was maddening how they couldn’t trace your magic life source… one moment it would be there, then they wouldn’t feel it for months to years… It was three years since this last feeling, most of the group here started to think that she was dead.

     “Where are the officers?” Jiyong pounded the table. He didn’t want to wait any longer and risk losing you again.

     Just as the loud noise resided, the twelve officers appeared to the right of the enraged King. They are the top twelve Dragons after the purebloods, having a high enough ratio to pureblood to mortal blood to give them power, but not enough to have multi powers like those pure. All male, they are able to exert their power to use as an offense and defense. The females of the species hold their power with in for healing and minor defense, what they had lacked in magic, they made up in physical strength and speed, making them a match their male counterparts. If there were more women with purebloods, this would have been a matriarchal kingdom.

     “We are here, My King.” One of the leaders speak as they kneel in unison, bowing their heads to avoid eye contact.

     “Divide your men and search these areas. She is alive and she is close. Find my sister or a fate worse than eternal torture awaits you.” Jiyong passes the marked maps to the rising group. Their pause infuriates the King and he roars, shaking the room, “NOW!!”

     They join hands and disappear just as they arrived. The King turns his friends, patting and squeezing the man who is betrothed to his sister,

     “We, my friends, will be visiting two new kingdoms. That under some merchant made warlord, and the children in MBLAQ.” Pausing to let the information set, Jiyong passes the copies of the maps of each kingdom’s capital city. “We don’t attack without knowledge that she is there. I want my sister back, not to start unnecessary wars… we can’t risk the lives of our soldiers and ourselves.” Looking around the room, he knows that they will find her, this is the time, when he will find his Angel again.

 

 

~Angel/Your POV~

     I feel weird.

     As I heal myself, I feel like something is going to happen… It was probably the loss of blood or adrenaline from the fight.

     I stand there in a blood stained, ripped dress as My Lord speaks to MBLAQ. Just as the bleeding stops, My Lord already stood behind me and fastened the collar around my neck again. The buzz in my ears and pounding blood makes King Mir’s outburst. I assume that it was about how I fought or who I damaged.

     Looking around the room, I remember when I was being tested of my loyalty and strength, earning the honor to protect My Lord. My eyes land on the Kings as they all, but one, stare at King Mir. King Joon is the only one looking back between My Lord, Mir and myself.

     “I’m not sure what you are thinking King, but she is only an excellent fighter as far as I know.” My Lord starts, “I found her when she was but a baby, and trained her to repay the life I gave her to protect me with her own.”

     “It seems like you did more than trained Asar…” G.O speaks up as he thinks about the past five days. “What exactly did you do to her?”

     “Why don’t you see for yourself?” Turning to me, “My pet, come.”

     Disregarding the possible broken bone and internal bleeding, I stride to My Lord’s side. 

     “See gentlemen? She is like my own pet… Obedient, speechless, wrapped up with unmatchable power. All thanks to this little collar.” My Lord flicks the metal, and I get an impression of his plan… that he didn’t tell me. He envisions the city on fire, five figures… no more, walking out of the fire carrying something or someone?

     “Oh, and this little thing also has another use, come see for yourself…” No one moves. It was only after a quick glance at his brothers that Joon stood and approached us. “Just touch the collar and you will see…”

     Slowly Joon raised his hand, it almost looked like he would touch my cheek, but his fingers brushed against the skin on my neck and then to the collar.

     My mind filled with his thoughts as he sees what is in my mind, all the battles I fought, the feelings of pain I felt and more. He was terrified at what he saw… I knew he would. For My Lord I have caused pain, I know that. No one but My Lord will keep me and take care of me. Even as I think this, Joon finishes with his invasion of my mind and pulls away, his eyes searching mine. I want to cry. I had hoped that he would understand, but what I see in his eyes is fear.

     “What have you done? What is she? She seriously can’t talk… She doesn’t know how…” Joon stares at My Lord, getting angrier. Why does he care? I’m just a monster to him.

     “Well MBLAQ, you will be allowed to do what you will to learn, for now I have to leave or all might be lost for my troops.” My Lord says as his soldier flank his sides… like I did. “Angel, my pet, I command you to follow these five Kings, as you do me.”

     “Wait, you were serious about leaving her here? What… How do we..?” Seungho starts.

     “Oh,” Chuckling to himself, My Lord turns, “She is easy to take care of, feed her whatever… Just tell her to do something and she will obey… I think. You’ll learn on the way. Farewell, thank you for your hospitality.”

     My Lord leaves without anymore ceremony, leaving the room quiet. No one moves or make a noise. I just stand there waiting for my next order… or my first from MBLAQ… my new Lords.

To be continued…