◜ chapter two. ◞

♋ strings | sm entertainment's new girl group. ( in-story - read the notice if you have not already! )

( i'd like to make it clear that i made up the interviewer + the talk show )
xxxxxxx


Chapter Two.

The girls had been on a hectic schedule since their debut which had been a critical success – which is something they couldn’t have been more thankful for – and now it was time for their first interview. Their management had arranged for them to go on a renown talk show, hosted by an ex-member of a popular k-pop girl group in the past decade; Park Seoyeon. The girls stood in their dressing room, fixing their make-up and touching up their outfits, some of the members thinking over how to answer some of the questions that they guessed were going to be asked in their heads.

“What do we do if we don’t know how to answer a question?” Yoon-mi asked, the question wasn’t directed to any member in particular, just the entire group in general. 

“You just let someone else answer it,” Shrugged Yumi as she touched up her eyeliner.

“What if no one knows how to answer it though?” Mei asked as she brushed her hair.

“You smile, laugh and hope it comes off as cute,” Chuckled Taerin, hoisting up her pair of high waisted shorts.

“And then we’ll be known as the group of idiots,” Mei rolled her eyes at her senior.

“We’re not idiots,” Yumi said crossing her arms as she said in one of the chairs.

“And besides,” Jae Hee butted in, attempting to become the voice of reason in the conversation, “There’s eight of us, at least one of us will be able to answer a simple question.”

Suddenly, one of the show’s assistants opened the door, “It’s time for you all to go up,” She smiled to the girls.

The girls nodded, looking themselves over the mirror one last time to know that they all looked presentable before leaving the room and waiting to be introduced by the host.


“And today my guest on the show will be the newly debuted group under the popular SM Entertainment; Strings,” The host told the live audience and cameras, as the applause began, the girls using that as a sign to walk on and take their seats.

“Hello there girls,” The older woman smiled, “I’m happy to have you here.”

“Well, we’re very grateful to be here,” Yumi told the woman in return.

Folding her hands in her lap, the host looked at the group, “Since there are a great number of you, would you like to go in a line and introduce yourselves?”

Valena, being the closest to the host nodded, speaking up first, “Hello everyone, I’m String’s leader, Valena Park.”

Next was Yumi, “Hello! I’m String’s main vocal, Yumi Moon.”

Then Jae Hee, “Hi there everyone, I’m Jae Hee, the visual of Strings.”

Followed by Jisu, “Hi everybody, Lead rapper, Jisu here.”

Next was Yerin, “Hello, I’m Yerin and I’m the group’s main rapper.”

And then Yoon-mi, “Good afternoon, I’m the maknae of the group, Yoon-mi.”

Mei followed, “Hello, I’m a rapper and vocal in the group and my name is Mei.”

And finally, Taerin, “Good day, I’m Taerin, the lead dancer.”

The host smiled as all eight girls finished their introductions, “We’re all very impressed with your debut,” She complimented the group, “Can we have a round of applause for these lovely ladies?” She said to the audience to which the audience gladly gave.

The girls smiled at the audience members as they applauded, just overall happy that people that accepted their debut and concept so well.

“So, now I have some questions to ask you girls,” Seoyeon said, looking down at some cards she had taken from a table beside her seat.

“To start off our questions, who trained for the longest prior to this debut?”

“I’m pretty sure it was me,” Valena answered, looking to the other girls, “I trained for six years.”

The other girls nodded, “Yeah, it was you but at least your determination was worth it, unnie,” Jae Hee smiled.

Their host chuckled, “You all seem really close and we’ve been told that you all are, is that true?”

Each girl nodded in response to that, “Even though we can sometimes have our differences – I think that we all do truly care about each other and think of each other member as a sibling,” Jisu told her, flashing a small smile at the rest of her members.

“Since you all live together, I think that I need to ask who the cleanest member in the group is and in contrast who’s the dirtiest?” The host asked.

“I think that we’re all relatively clean,” Taerin shrugged, “But if I had to pick someone to be the cleanest and the messiest, I’d probably say that Yerin’s quite clean and Jae Hee’s the dirtiest.”

Jae Hee laughed at her senior, “What? I’m not dirty at all! I always clean up my things.”

Taerin laughed, “You do clean up but you always leave tons of food wrappers and boxes lying around.”

Seoyeon laughed at her guests,  “This may be a hard question now since you’re all so close but who among the members is the nicest and who is the meanest?”

The girls thought for a moment before Yerin spoke up, “I don’t think any of the members are particularly mean at all but I would probably say Yoon-mi, Mei and Jisu can seem hard to approach...”

The three girls frowned at Yerin before she continued.

“But once you get to know them and become close with them, they’re really good to be around and I don’t think we could really wish for better members.”

“I suppose that is true,” Jisu shrugged, keeping a smile on her face.

“In terms of the nicest member though, I’d probably say Valena,” Mei said, folding her hands in her lap, “She’s an amazing leader to us and she’s always protecting us – it’s like she’s the mother bird and we’re the babies,” She chuckled.

“Thank you Mei,” The leader thanked the younger girl with a smile.

“So, is there any specific idol you aspire to be like or admire, girls?” She asked.

“I don’t think there’s one specific group that I would like to be like,” Yoon-mi shrugged.

 “Hm, I think that as much as I’d like our group to be as popular as the largely known groups, I’d rather just be us instead of striving to be like someone else,” Yumi smiled.

“I agree,” Jisu nodded along.

The host looked down at her question cards, “Time has seemed to fly by so this will be the last question that I will ask, do any of you have crushes on any fellow idols?”

Each of the girls blushed at the question, “It’s actually stated in our contracts that we’re not allowed to date,” Valena told her, “At least currently, it could change in the future.”

“I see,” The woman smiled, getting up from her seat, “Well, that’s all that we unfortunately have time for today, I’m wishing these girls a happy career and I’m defiantly excited for any further interviews I might have with them.”

The girls smiled, making their way off stage to the sound of the applause. 


AUTHOR'S NOTE ❞

omo, i'm so sorry for the delay - i've been really sick over the past week and a bit with a really bad stomach ache and an incredibly bad back so i've been unable to concentrate on writing. 
anyway, i'm also sorry about how short this is - if your character isn't featured too much, i'll try and put them in more if you say.
also, i'd really like the help of one of you so i can get help with my song choices for future comebacks and stuff as well as casting your characters in dramas so if you're willing to listen to my bad ideas - please tell me in the comments.  ( i have 3 drama ideas and two comeback ideas that i need help sorting. please help me or i will just place any of the girls in the spots there is so please help me :c )
also also, i'm on holiday ( a holiday which i don't want to be on ) and the internet's terrible so at the latest, the next update will be tuesday c: 

- seobabies.