◜ chapter one. ◞

♋ strings | sm entertainment's new girl group. ( in-story - read the notice if you have not already! )

  xxxxxx

CHAPTER ONE.


"Annyeonghaseyo, future me~ I've decided to record everything this morning since it's the morning of our group's debut which is long overdue," Yerin smiled into the hand-held camera that she was speaking into. She'd decided it would be a day that she would want to look back on in the future so Yerin had the idea to record whatever happened in the hours prior to the group's debut stage.

"Most of us are already ready to go but we're still waiting on a few of the girls," She told the camera, looking around the living to see if she could spot any of the other members to film. At this time, Valena, the leader of the group, walked inside the living room, taking a seat on the white couch as she waited for the rest of her members to finish getting ready.

"Valena! Look at the camera and say hello!" Yerin said, energetically pointing the camera at the older woman.

The leader chuckled at the younger, though waving into the camera, "What are you doing, Yerin?" She asked, rolling up the cuffs of the black blazer she wore. 

"Well, one day, we're all going to want to look back on our debut day so what better way to do that than to video it so we can watch it back?" Yerin explained to the leader.

"That's quite the idea, Yerin, but I'd watch out for recording the others early in the morning," Valena chuckled over at the camera wielding girl. 

Looking down at her phone, Valena frowned, "What's taking the others so long? There's only five minutes till our car is here and we will be done for if we're late."

As if on cue, sounds of feet rushing to the living room were made clear, "Sorry that we took so long," Both Yumi and Jae Hee said in unison.

Jae Hee took one look at Yerin's camera and immediately hid behind Yumi, "Why do you have a camera?" 

Yumi, on the other hand, just looked generally perplexed at the two girls who were already in the room, prior to their arrival.

Valena looked over at both Yumi and Jae Hee, "She's recording our debut day so we can look back on it."

"Oh," Yumi smiled, moving away from the doorframe that she was standing by, sitting down on the couch beside the leader.

Jae Hee hid her face in her hands, hiding herself from the camera Yerin was holding as if it was a deadly weapon of sorts, "Please don't film me, I'm not wearing any make-up."

The other three girls let out a small laugh at that statement, "Jae Hee, you're the visual in the group for a reason, you really don't need to wear make-up, you're extremely pretty without it," Yumi reassured, gaining an agreeing nod from both Yerin and Valena. 

"Guys~! The car's outside," A voice foreign to the conversation, yelled from the dorm's door.

The girls got up, seeing Jisu put on her shoe as she made her way quickly out of the door and into the car. 

Jae Hee, Yerin - camera in hand -, Valena and Yumi all made her way to the car which Jisu, Yoon-mi, Mei and Taerin were already sitting in by the time that they got there. After they had all gotten in the car, the driver began to take them to the "Music Bank" building, where they would perform on their debut stage.

As they all came nearer to the building, the nerves started to get to some of the members, they were about to perform on television to te entire nation for the first time in their lives also in front of a live audience with a risky concept, the thought was daunting. 

"I'm starting to get nervous," Jisu muttered, her hands shaking slightly.

"Don't be," Valena told her, using the tone the members describe as "motherly", "You'll do fine."

"You never know," Mei shrugged, "You could fall off that pole and get boo-ed off of the stage."

"You shouldn't think like that Mei, it's more likely to happen if you do," Valena told her in a stern tone.

"Mei does have a point, it could happen," Taerin shrugged, staring out of the car's dark window. 

"You two are just going to make everyone more nervous than they already are," Yoon-mi rolled her eyes.

"We're just saying; It could happen," Taerin shrugged, flicking through apps on her phone.

"Please stop being so negative," Jae Hee frowned as the car came to a halt, "It's really not going to help anyone, we just need to keep our heads up and give this every ounce of effort we have."


Each girl stood in the back-stage area as they were waiting to be introduced for their song, all dressed in their stage outfits, looking their best for the performance of their lifetime. One of the stage-hands smiled at the girls as she told him to ready themselves to go on stage in a minute. 

Yerin, who still had the camera from her earlier escapades, asked one of the workers to hold the camera, who took the camera, holding it towards all of the girls.

"Well, hopefully by the time that we re-watch this tape, We'll be successful and still together," Yerin smiled, "We're about to go on stage but that'll be past events for you when you see this again, wish us good luck."

The rest of the girls all smiled into the camera, "Strings fighting!" They all chimed in unison before rushing onto the stage, taking their places. 


[ Stage outfits - Valena - http://25.media.tumblr.com/6d2da4a3debfd0bd848acd5c8eea1d55/tumblr_mov7ab1YFj1rlvc2so1_250.png 
Yumi - 
http://24.media.tumblr.com/b8d41bb086559136ac0e8c034f1cc586/tumblr_moj34lJUFM1qho4hko1_400.gif 
Jae Hee - 
http://i0.wp.com/24-7KPOP.COM/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/kaeun.png
Yerin - http://img.ohkpop.com/2012/06/13/bR94zL12.jpg
Yoon-mi - http://24.media.tumblr.com/535c5a0e5eec510840a4231e5b2a4796/tumblr_mov8an4x3m1s0z58ho1_250.png
Jisu - https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSP4qf7kblo1iehyubkE2PsmjIwaTsV7UTjNQsE6Qqi-t7Ae4rMyg
Mei - http://25.media.tumblr.com/da1e31774db54260fd0f5f0cf9cf03f6/tumblr_mov81fs1F71s0z58ho1_250.png
Taerin - http://25.media.tumblr.com/4240967ef8fdbe2af775928b5328b319/tumblr_mov81fs1F71s0z58ho2_250.png ]

[ PERFORMANCE LINK - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_pWlRoEMVE ] 
[ LYRIC ARRANGEMENT - http://sment-strings.weebly.com/debut-title-track.html ]

The eight girls froze in their positions on the stage until the lights flickered on, their black silhouettes disappearing as they were shown. The music began to play and the girls started to perform like they'd practised for months on end. The detailed twists and turns on the poles came surprisingly easy to the girls due to the time they spent in the dance room day in and day out, no one even slipping, their moves precise as they could be. 

After what seemed to be forever, which was indeed only a matter of minutes, the girls finished their routine, roaring applause from the live audience greeting them as they did. The eight smiled as they left the stage, adrenaline pumping through their bodies.

It had all paid off and it was only the beginning.


AUTHOR'S NOTE ❞

once again, it may be slightly awkward - still getting out of that awkward intro stage.
but i hope you like their debut and i hope i'm portraying everyone alright! ^^
the next chapeter will be a group interview so if you could comment questions to
be asked below - i'd love you forever c: 
this fic should be updated on tuesday~
and i'm sorry for the shortness.

- seobabies.