Accident

Shinee's "Little Sister"

I ran towards the hospital, clutching my phone in my now increasingly sweaty hands. I ran past people, bumping into them occasionally. I didn't care about everything going around me. I just had one thing in mind - get to the hospital. The building was around 4km away (A/N: Approx. 2.5 miles) and under normal circumstances, my nearly non-existant stamina would have barely got me there. I was insanely grateful for that special gland that secretes adrenaline, which was currently allowing me to move quickly.

*Flashback*

"Bye. See you tomorrow." I waved at my friends and started to walk home. So far, since moving to Seoul two weeks ago, I only remember the way home from school and vice-versa, how to get to the hospital in case of an emergency and where the nearest shop was located. I was rather surprised at this, considering that I would still get lost when trying to get to the next street despite living in Sydney for 7 years.

I was adjusting rather well, and made a few friends and I was lucky enough to actually be able to fit in the school. The first few days were difficult, and the principle wanted me to take a test. It was to see what my level was, since education in Australia and Korea are different. I aced English, but I suppose that was because I lived in Sydney for so long. My Korean was sadly... pathetic.

I admit that I was pleased to see that at least my Maths and Science grades were still good. I was interrupted by my phone ringing. It was an unknown number. I hesistantly picked up. "Yeobosaeyo...?"

"Is this Kim Misaki?"

"... Yes."

"You're parents have just been involved in a car crash and are in a critical condition." My eyes widened. What? The person continued. "They're currently at..." I didn't pay much attention after that and ran to the hospital.

*Flashback End*

I ran through the hospital doors, sweaty and still in my school uniform. I panted and looked at the receptionist, who was looking at me in concern. I took in deep breaths and tried to control my breathing. I held my hand up indicating that I was fine, and finally began to speak.

"Do you know which room Kim Min-jun and Kim Yuki are admitted in?" The receptionist looked through the files and told me. My brain barely registered the information and just focused on one thing. They're admitted to the ICU... The ICU!!!!!

I thanked the woman and walked away.

Eventually, I reached the room my parents are currently in. I was surprisingly calm and turned around only to see a doctor walking towards me. "Hello, relatives of Kim Min-jun and Yuki?" he asked.

I nodded my head, trying to keep a calm and level head. It's really hard to do that though.

"They have sustained some serious injuries, and the recovery rate seems slow." The doctor continued to list all the injuries, including how my mother had received severe injuries in her arms and left leg, and how my father had received some damage to the brain. I started to cry when I heard him say something. "You're father... I'm sorry. But he died on the spot. There was nothing we could do." I just cried harder. The doctor tried to make me feel better and hastily added. "But your mother is fine, but she needs to stay in the hospital for at least a few months. There's a high risk that the car crash injuried the tendons in her arms and leg." I continued listening and it was time for me to go back to my home. My empty home that will never have my father again.

The doctor was surprised how well I took the news. I was too, to tell the truth. "Misaki!" I turned around to see a middle-aged man running towards me. He was a friend of my parents, I think. I'm not that familiar with him actually... I think I forgot his name... Kim something?... Do I even know him? I tried to walk away, but he continued to follow me.

What is he, a stalker?!

He easily caught up to me and continued to talk, "I have something important to tell you."

Hope you enjoyed it so far :) Also, I neither speak Korean or live in Korea, so correct me if there's something wrong!