The Arrangements

Shinee's "Little Sister"

"Misaki, I have something important to tell you." What is it now? Please, please, don't tell me that something happened to my mother as well! I looked at the man.

"What?" I asked, a little angry. The man looked at me in the eye.

"I already informed your school about your... situation. They allowed you to take a one-month break to pull yourself together. Also, since it wouldn't be good if you stay by yourself, why don't you live with me for a while instead?"

... Is he seriously asking me to live with a guy I barely knew?

"You can join me at work as well, Hime." (A/N: Hime means "Princess" in Japanese)

Hime... wait. I only know one person who calls me that. Kim Bae-ssi! I looked closer at the guy's face.

Checklist ready?

  1. Around Appa's age - Check!
  2. Balding - Check!
  3. Glasses - Check!
  4. Choco-Chip cookies - Wait. What? Anyway, let's continue.
  5. Chubby - Che... No. No check.

"Kim Bae-ssi! You lost weight." I quickly covered my mouth. That isn't something you should say to an older man whom you haven't seen seen you were ten. Even if you knew the man well. He laughed. I continued to talk. "And about your offer... thanks. Umma won't be able to take care of me until she's better and Appa..." I blinked back tears at the thought. Kim Bae-ssi awkwardly put his hands around me and tried to comfort me. Once I calmed down I nodded my head.

The next few days were difficult... There was a funeral for my Appa and I was pretty much crying the whole time. Kim Bae-ssi helped me feel a bit better and soon we felt that we should leave soon with him.

"When do we leave?" I asked.

"We can go now. The car's waiting outside." I nodded my head and we climbed inside the car. On the way home, we talked a little.

"Kim Bae-ssi, what job do you have? You told me that I could join you at work."

He answered me, "Me? I work as a manager. Oh look. We're here. Bring anything you need. If you need any help call me. I'll just be on the phone." I nodded my head and entered my home. I took out a suitcase and stuffed practically everything in it. You know, clothes, phone, camera, keys, snacks, a few important things like my photo album, my teddy bear etc. By the time I was done, my entire room was almost empty, save for my bed. 

I called out to Kim Bae-ssi "I'm done." He nodded and helped me bring my suitcase and bags into the car. He told me that we would go to his house so that we could drop some of my things off, but I should keep my suitcase packed. Apparently, he's currently staying in... Buk Chon Han Ok village... Isn't that where Shinee is staying? 

Soon we left and we were on our way to the village. Umma, I hope you get better soon...

The ending ... oh well. Tell me what you think : )