Baby, Goodnight

Music & Lyrics

[Jiyong’s POV]

 

"Baby?" I called out as soon as I stepped in to my own apartment. Dara messaged me over an hour ago saying that she just finished her schedule and she's on her way to my apartment. "Baby girl??" I asked again. Usually, when she arrives at my place first, I'll immediately see her lying on the sofa or trying to get away from Gaho. But this time, I didn't see her petite form anywhere.

Thinking that she probably changed her mind and just went to 2NE1's apartment instead, I headed for my bedroom to get changed and sleep.

I stepped into my bedroom and there in the middle of my bed, Dara is laying peacefully. Her body covered with the soft duvet blanket from feet to shoulders but her arms are outside, hugging my pillow. I smiled at the picturesque scene before me. Should I draw the image of her sleeping?

After a few seconds of staring at her, I finally decided to take a quick shower so I could lie in my bed beside her and go to sleep.

I stepped out of the bathroom after a few minutes with the towel covering my lower half.

"Waaa! Cover yourself, Jiyong!!" I heard. I turned around and saw Dara covering her whole face with the blanket.

"What?" I was confused.

"Cover yourself!! Put some clothes on!" She yelled but it sounded muffled because she was shouting against the blanket. I heard it correctly though. I turned around and looked at myself in the mirror. My lower body is covered with a towel. It's not like she hasn't seen my bare upper half before.. Just then, an evil idea entered my mind and a teasing smile formed on my lips.

I walked closer to my bed and sat at the edge of it.

"Are you done??" She asked curiously.

"Yeah. Take that blanket off of your face now. You look silly." I said. Trying not to laugh.

"Are you sure you're covered now?" She asked again.

"Yes"

With a sigh of relief, she pulled the blanket off her face but before she could completely pull it off, I immediately positioned myself above her. My knees were on both sides of her hips. I trapped her below me.

"Y-yah!! What are you doing?? Get off me, Ji!!" she yelped. I held her shoulder down and my face were a few inches away from hers. Some water droplets from my hair slowly made their way to her lovely face. I looked at her intently.

"Y-yah.. you said you've put on some clothes already.." She said slowly. Her gaze then landed on my chest and she blushed immediately. She tried to hide it by looking away. I chuckled at that.

"Baby.." I said.

"Y-yeah??" she said but she refused to look at me.

"Baby, look at me." I said softly.

She slowly turned her head and looked at me in the eye.

"I love you" I said. Still keenly staring straight into her eyes. She blushed madly at my statement. Don't be shy anymore, you're already my girl.

"Uh.. uhm.. I... err" She tried to reply. I chuckled and finally let go of her shoulder.

Believe it or not, Dara and I aren't in a relationship yet. I guess we're still in the testing stage. But she allowed me to call her "Baby". I know she likes me too. Girls likes a certain relationship, so even if we're not official yet, but the feeling is there, I'll say she's my girlfriend in front of my friends, so she's sure where this is going. Even if it's not clear, it's that way to me.

I managed to convince her to stay the night here. Usually, she'll just stay for an hour after I've arrived. But tonight's different. I wanted to sleep beside her. And hold her in my arms until we wake up.

We're now lying beside each other. She has fallen into deep slumber again. As I stare at her goddess-like face, a thought came into my mind; "Do I deserve you?". Yeah.. Do I deserve Dara? She's a good girl while I'm a bad boy. You're more than I deserve.

Dara has stayed with me through everything, especially at the times of my scandals. She's always there. Even if sometimes she doesn't say anything, just her mere presence is more than enough. You’re perfect, thank you for being by my side, baby, my lady.

One thing's for sure.. I'll always be here to love her. Oh I love you girl.

Baby good night
Should I draw the image of her sleeping
Don’t be shy anymore, you’re already my girl
Even if it’s not clear it’s that way to me
You’re more than I deserve
You’re perfect, thank you for being by my side baby, my lady
Oh I love you girl

--

I suddenly woke up in the middle of the night when I tried to pull Dara close to me but felt nothing/no one beside me.

"Dara??" I asked quietly while trying to open my eyes. I sat up slowly, rubbed my eyes and looked around my room in panic. It was dark except for some ray of the moonlight that trickles in through the cracks of my balcony. Then I saw her looking out at the sky by the window. A perfect silhouette. Suddenly, the night’s aroma calmed me down like a coconut-scented oil. This reminds me of the day I confessed to her. Do you remember? I stood up and walked closer to her. I whispered in her ears. Come closer. I hugged her from her waist as we both look up in the sky. You’re too fine. I hugged her close and tight. A freckled crimson strawberry and I become the whipping cream that wraps around.

 

A ray of light trickles in through the cracks of the dim balcony
A perfect silhouette, this calming night’s aroma is like a coconut-scented oil
Just like the day I confessed to you
Do you remember?
I whisper in your ears, come closer
You’re too fine
A freckled crimson strawberry and I become the whipping cream that wraps around

--

“I love you so much” I whispered. Know how much I love you, beautiful girl. She turned around and faced me. We looked into each other’s eyes for a few seconds. With a shaky voice and a dry lip, I told her to come a step closer to me. And tenderly whisper.  I held her hands and wrapped it around my waist. We were both hugging each other as we swayed our bodies side by side to the music of our heartbeats. The surrounding firelight dances. She’s the muse in every of my dreams. I always dream of you.

Know how much I love you beautiful girl
Like a picture of a child to me
And frozen before a shadow
There's nothing I can do
With a shaky voice
With dry lips
(Come a step closer to me and tenderly whisper)
The surrounding firelight dances
I always dream of you

--

The following night, it was my turn to visit her. She doesn’t know about it though. It’ll be a surprise visit. It was already near midnight when I arrived at 2NE1’s apartment so I’m not even sure if they’ll still be awake or if they’re here already. But I tried my luck and rang the doorbell even if I know the pass code to their dorm. After a few rings, the door was opened by CL.

“Oh! Wassup oppa! Why are you here??” She asked and stepped aside to let me in.

“Is Dara still awake?” I asked when I saw that she wasn’t in the lounge area.

“Not sure, she hasn’t been out of her room ever since we arrived an hour ago. Just go and check on her” She said and walked back to the sofa to watch the movie that she was watching before I interrupted her.

I opened Dara’s room and darkness welcomed me. I the lamp on her bedside table. Her beautiful eyes were closed as she drifted off to a deep slumber. I sat by her bed and caressed her hair softly. The more I look at her, the more I want to tell her that I love her. Looking into your face, I want to convey my love. I can’t take my eyes off of her beautiful face. I wish time would stop like this. You are just so beautiful.

When the darkness of the black night finds us
Those beautiful eyes close and drift off
I sit by your bed
And caress your hair
Looking into your face
I want to convey my love
I wish time would stop like this
You are just so beautiful

--

I lay down beside her, careful not to wake her up.

“Who do you love, Jiyong?” I suddenly heard her ask. I looked at her but she was still sleeping. Your cute question.  I chuckled at her cuteness. But that seemed to be a wrong move because it woke her up. When she was about to open her eyes, I kissed her. Slow and gentle. I pulled away after a few seconds. Our lips redden. Then we both looked into each other’s eyes. Deep emotions are obvious within our eyes. Yes, a bit deeper.

“You’re beautiful” I smiled sweetly at her. You’re my beautiful girl. She lights the fire in my soul. “Did you know that you asked me a question in your sleep??” I asked her.

“Huh? I did?” Confusion written all over her face. I nodded and moved my face closer to her and kissed her again with full emotion. She tasted like mint. Refreshing mint.

“You asked me who do I love.” I said after I pulled away, yet again.

“Really?” She asked.

“Yeah. The hint is mint.” I smiled but that just made her more confused. The answer is you.

That I'd be familiar with everything
Your cute question
It's just beautiful, the great power of love
Our lips redden
Our eyes meet, Yes a bit deeper
You're my beautiful girl
You light the fire in my soul
Refreshing mint, the same hint
Teach me the answer sweet girl
You're my beautiful girl
You light the fire in my soul
Refreshing mint, the same hint
Refreshing mint, hint
The answer is you

 

Before she could ask me any more questions, I closed my eyes and hugged her.

“Baby, goodnight.” I whispered.

---

How's this one?? Sorry if the first two chapters have sad endings xD I just based it to the song.  Mian~~ please tell me what you think of the stories so far!! Ssankyuuu~ <3 You could also suggest a song that would be good for Daragon and I might write a story based on the song that you suggest to me^^ Hope you enjoyed this one!

PS: Did you guys catch the highlighted part?? It was a quote from GD himself~