Two

A Wallflower's First Love

a/n. PLEASE COMMENT :((

Someday I’m going to be a doctor halmoni!

I’ll do my best to reach my dreams!

Even if we don’t have money, I still have soccer and academics!

 

That was before.. Now...

I lost my scholarship…

I wasted my time over thinking about my dream for my parents…

So in the end, I wasn’t even thinking about myself.

 

“Gwenchanna?” For awhile I heard a voice but then a few minutes later, a wave of sounds and noises followed. “Check his pulse.” “Appa!!” “Umma!” “Help him.” “Is he alright?”

Pulse? Where am I?

And then it hit me. I wasn’t paying attention awhile ago so this happened. What’s wrong with me? Why does this always happen to me? I cringed in pain because I woke up from it. The scars on my face were telling me that they were there and they would stay there for many days.  I looked at my arm to see a big gash and until now, it was still bleeding.

“Sir? Gwenchanna?” I opened my eyes to see something or should I say someone… beautiful.

He… was beautiful even for a guy... I was being dragged to the emergency room as I peeked a little. I nodded while taking a good look at him. He had nice black hair slick back gently. He had wonderful eyes that showed only worry towards me. He was wearing all white since he was a doctor; but to me, he was an angel.

“Sir, you’ll be alright. Just hold on.” I fell asleep with his melodious voice echoing my mind… my heart.

Just so you know. I am different. It isn't obvious in my appearance because you'll think of me as a straight guy, but sadly I'm not. And I probably won't ever be.

 

That doctor didn’t leave my mind even when I was asleep. I met him again, but only in my dreams and I felt different. The sun’s rays were hitting my face as I try to cover the light with my hand. The sounds of waves were crashing like a symphony and I hear a voice calling to me.

“Jongin-ah. Kim Jongin.” Was it my father? The voice was too light as if it were a brother, but I don't have oe so who could it be? I turn my head to see a young man waving his arms at me. I smile that could melt the marshmallows at an instant. This kind of smile that makes you feel that you are safe and sound. It was bright just like how I was feeling. I ran towards him, brushing the sand with my bare feet as I jumped happily.

This must be a dream.

Yah, wake up.

Kim Jongin wake up.

 

“Mom?" "Dad?"

No response.

"Annyeonghaseyeo Kim Jongin, My name is Doctor D.O."

The moment my eyes flashed open, I was greeted by a beautiful or should I say handsome angel. Am I dead? No, that can't be, I remember being at the hospital so I guess I'm still alive. Why?

Why do I keep living?