The Book

StoryBook

I clutched my story book across my chest as I held a cup of cappuccino on my left while eating the coffee bun Rome gave on my right. Although, it was uncomfortable with the way I held my things, I enjoyed the warmth and the aroma of the bun.

I was half done with my bun till I stumbled across a bench near the Everlost Bakery and decided to continue savouring my small meal on it.

I placed the book on my lap and flipped it open to the last page I was on. As I sipped my cappuccino, I realized that the book was turning into a manual of an unknown thing.

As I read on, lots of pictures were shown and the book –well, to me- turned weirder as I laid my eyes on the words. It was drawing my attention, yes, but there seemed to be something that was trying to be conveyed.

My cappuccino’s done and my bun had gone into my stomach long ago. I tossed my cup into the trash bin nearby and leaned back onto the bench.

I placed my book beside me and took out my phone. Well, gadgets these days are really hard to avoid.

I felt my jacket’s right pocket and heard a beep. I was hopeful that someone was trying to reach me. I reached inside and was glad to see the small machine I’ve been clinging on for awhile.

The phone went unlocked and my face glowed with hope.

I mentally slapped myself on the face when I found out that the beep was actually a sign that I had no reception in that area. Wow.

No calls, no texts. Literally nothing. I’ve been stuck in this place for nearly four days and that stupid small machine was telling me that I had no form of reception and no one was trying to reach me. Simply amazing.

I puffed out a heavy sigh and laid my head to the side. Mixed of emotions flowed all over me.

Am I not important to anyone? Do I not exist? Well, yeah, moreover, I’m just a bother. Of course, people wouldn’t mind me. But…I’m a part of their family, friends, relative, human kind. Don’t I matter anymore?

“Why must this happen? What did I do wrong? Perhaps, where did it go wrong?”

Suddenly, I felt a tinge of curiosity slowly blossom within me. That book. That story book. That weird storybook. That weird storybook that were filled with informations. But.. What in formations were those of?

Thinking that I was better than before, I decided to walk through an empty street with the lamp posts barely shining the roads showing guidance. I was clutching the storybook ever so tightly. I shivered over and over again as the wind blew over the already cold night. I looked up to see a lamp post having its twin. My insides were going berserk. Something was wrong with me. It felt hard to breathe, stomach churned, throat went completely dry that I constantly had to my lips.

I toppled over like a building being struck over by an earthquake. I laid there as I struggled to keep my eyes open. Raspy voices of a group of people rang in my head.

“Oh god, Evie…”

I was in a room of darkness. It was deafening. But I felt at peace. You might think I’m dead when I tell you, I felt light. As if tons of burdens were lifted off of me. 

 


 

AmyMir ; Sorry readers. I'm really bad at titling my chapters. Wouldn't mind, would you? Here's a quick update. Let me know what you guys think! Thank you. :)