Personality

Differences ; Impossibilities

It is him. His dark eyes stared into mine as we stood there, frozen right in front of each other. My right hand was tightly gripping on my door's knob and my knuckles were slowly turning white. His eyes, it hurts to just stare into them but I had to. It felt like I've fallen deep into his eyes. 

 

I gulped as I saw his lips moved but I did not hear anything. My head was spinning and I was losing my balance. Don’t stare. A voice in my head said but I couldn’t move. I managed to turn away from his eyes when I gripped onto my head in pain. 

 

I groaned and crouched down on the floor. Flashes of unknown memories played on my head but they were too fast to even know what was going on and not to mention the pain was unbearable. It was worse that what I've been through. 

 

I saw his feet moves around, probably trying to help me but he couldn’t. He's something else and something else couldn’t get into my home like normal people do. Slowly I put my knuckles up and open my fingers to tell him to stop trying to get into my house as it was useless anyway.  

He stopped moving seconds after and I took more time bearing the pain on the floor.  

 

"You okay?" It was the second time I heard his voice and weirdly enough, by hearing his voice it felt like the pain subsided, a little bit. I took the effort to stand up and looked at him again, but this time, I avoided his eyes. 

 

We stood there in silence for a few minutes. I waited until the pain fully subsided and I moved my hand from the knob to stand properly. He moved to the side as I walked outside to the hall and closed the door. I leaned on the wall as he did the same. 

 

"What changed your mind?" I curiously asked as I peered at him. The first thing that I noticed was that he was probably the most attractive one I've ever helped before. I couldn’t help but stare at his perfect side profile and he just looked incredibly beautiful with the sunlight shining on his skin.  

 

I saw how his lips moved but once again, I didn’t hear anything but this time it was not from the pain. It was just a plain admiration. His head turned to me as he stopped talking and I immediately looked to the front.  

 

"I'm sorry." I bit my lips. "What was it again?" He noticed that I was staring but thankfully kept quiet about it.  

 

"I've been stuck here for a long time." He started. "A long, long time. It felt like it though." He meekly smiled. "You're right. It hurts a lot and I couldn’t even do anything to make it gone. I don’t know what was happening to me, what I am, where I am .." 

"Tell me more." I said as I sat down on the cold hard ground. He followed me and leaned his head against the wall, deep in his thought. "I know I'm not human days after I noticed how people kept on bumping into me. They would fall and looked around and when I apologized they didn't even acknowledge my presence as just walked off." 

 

I had many questions in my head but I kept my silence, for now. "I was lonely and I had nowhere to go. I've been wandering around for I don’t even know how long, trying to find for a solution. Assuming that  I'm dead, maybe the only solution was to find the way to go up to heaven, or even down to hell. But … I did not know how to." 

 

He turned his head to me. "Until you showed up."  

 

"I noticed how you were the first person to look back at me, at me, not somewhere else that's near me, but at me and that was shocking. But I did not want to get my hopes up and walked away." 

 

I squinted my eyes and turned my head to him. "You knew me from back then?"He nodded and pursed his lips, "I need you. I need you to help me out of this misery." He said in plea. 

 

I couldn’t lie, I was contemplating on whether to help him or not. I have to see someone's eyes for that person to move on but I couldn’t even stare into his eyes without feeling pain. "I …." I saw how he nervously gulped and I closed my eyes. I bit my lips. I wanted to help him, I really do. He is something that I could never think of, and I'm curious of what he is but … helping him to move on seemed impossible. 

 

"Let's do it." I determinedly looked at him. "I'll help you." 

 

 

 

I got the shock of my life when I opened the door the next day to see him standing right in front of me. "Whoa." My eyes widened and I took a big step back. "You should at least wait for me at the wall or something." I muttered as I fixed my bag that threatened to fall off my shoulder. 

 

"I'm not the type of person to patiently wait." He said as he moved to the side to make space for me to go out. As I locked the house he leaned on the wall and put his hands in his pocket, posing like a  model straight out of a magazine. 

 

"First, we need to fix that attitude. You might need a lot more than patience to do this. " I walked passed him and he hurriedly jogged to me. "Where are we going?" 

 

I pressed the elevator button but it was too slow so I used the stairs. "I need to find a job." I casually said as I pushed the door. I looked at him and saw his confused face. I chuckled and carefully walked downstairs since I was wearing heels. 

 

"Patience …" I stopped talking when I noticed that I did not know his name yet. "You don’t know your name, do you?"  He furrowed his eyebrows as if 'name' is something he did not even think of.  

 

"Hmm." I nodded. "Sehun, I like how it sounds. Your name is Sehun." I said. "Since you look younger than me, call me Noona." I smiled as I like how this is going. I've always wanted to name someone and to have him calling me noona is not even that bad. It's also a way so that he wouldn’t know my name. It's not that time yet. 

 

I heard him snicker as I opened the door to the lobby and heard him say, "As if." I rolled my eyes. "You're slowly showing your true self." I muttered mostly to myself. 

 

I opened the glass door but I noticed a presence missing when I went out. I looked behind and saw that Sehun stood there mouthing to me to open the door. I furrowed my eyebrows and did what he told me to. 

 

"You could've just walked through it." I said. He chuckled and shook his head. "The last time I did that, I got a huge bruise on my head." I pursed my lips in wonder. "You could've just opened the door yourself." 

 

"Nah, they freaked out when I did that yesterday." He shrugged and went ahead of me.  

 

I looked at his figure and tilt my head slightly. I blinked and stared at him, trying to find for answers to what he was but I had no clue. I snapped out of my trance when he looked back and beckoned me to go over. 

 

"This is going to be fun." I nodded.