Attitude

Differences ; Impossibilities

Who is he? I paced back and forth. What is he? I bit my lips and sat down on my couch. “He’s not human.” I mumbled to myself. I’m sure of that. The pain that I felt was exactly the pain that I feels whenever souls walk through me. I had goose bumps, shivers ran down my spine and I could feel it, his aura; the dark aura that surrounded him.

  When I looked at him, I could feel it; the pain he was bearing, feeling lost. It was strong, stronger than I’ve ever felt before.

“But I could see him.” I said with a sigh. That’s another point that made me confused even more. I could only see souls of dead peoples. If that boy-or not- is another creature, there’s a high chance I couldn’t see him. The light, that was surrounding him, it looked so similar to those that the dead ones have.

I grabbed my hair and heaved out a deep sigh out of frustration. “What are you, really?”

 

I almost fell on the ground when a figure suddenly showed up in front of me. I put a hand over my chest and felt my heart beating fast. I looked up and sighed. “You scared me.”

Different from how I first met her, she smiled and held out a hand for me to reach. I shook my hand and stood up by myself. I don’t really touch ghost. Even though some of them look nice and harmless, I couldn’t take the risk. Like they say, you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover.

I eyed the ghost up and down and saw that she had been better. Her bruises and wounds were gone, even her dress weren’t dirtied with blood. She’s pretty, without the scars and wounds on her face; I could clearly see her face.

“You met him.” I stated but she shook her head. “The one who did those things to me is dead.” She chuckled. “I’m relieved actually, I was actually thinking about killing him myself … but I knew I couldn’t since he’s my own father.” She sadly smiled. “I met my brother.” The small sincere smile was back on her face, brightening her expression.

“You showed yourself to him?” I asked in disbelief. Ghost could show themselves to humans, but it would cause them pain. A very unbearable pain, according to what I have been told. They only show themselves when they’re sure that the ones that they showed to could lead them to the other side; the other side of the world.

“I know, I thought I couldn’t do it but I did. It was painful but I endured it long enough for the pain to subside.” The ghost looked to the other side and smiled. She looked back at me. “Thank you.”

A small smile appeared on my face as I nodded in response. With that nod, her figure starts to become transparent and eventually disappeared.

“What a good day.” I breathed out. I was about to skip my way towards my favorite café but halted. My eyes widened and my legs started to work faster than my brain could process the familiar brown haired boy. He was far, definitely but he stood out.

“It’s him.” I whispered to myself as I ran. He was too far and if I walked I would miss him for the second time. I didn’t know what I was doing, what I would do if I confront him but my legs wouldn’t stop running after the boy. The figure disappeared as he turned to a corner and I cursed under my breath.

I ran faster and I was surprised at myself since I knew, I couldn’t run without asking for water seconds afterwards. I’ve already wasted my energy running after him, might as well see him, and see what he looks like.

I turned to the corner and I saw nothing. There are people walking around, but only people. “Curse my short legs.” I sighed and wiped off the sweats off my forehead. I was panting in exhaustion and gave up. Who cares about the boy? Why do I even care about him?

I turned around and almost got the shock of my life when a pair of dark eyes stared back at mine. “Whoa.” I automatically took a step back. He tilted his head and walked nearer to which I stepped back, away from him.

I gulped in fear. Now that I was right in front of him, I was not really sure what to do.  I stared back at him and I immediately lowered down my gaze.  His eyes … it showed so much pain that it caused me a headache from looking back at him. “You can see me.” His deep, husky voice made me look up but I avoided his eyes.Now that he's closer, his hair was actually ash grey instead of grey which is pretty cool for a ghost.

“What are you?” I voiced out, it was rude … but the curiosity is unbearable. He looked away for a second before looking at me again. “I …” He hesitated before continuing, “I don’t know.”

“It hurts a lot, huh?” I asked and he looked at me curiously. “What do you know?” He asked cockily and I shrugged. “Everything.”

He chuckled and raised an eyebrow. He seems unconvinced and I took a brave step forward. “I can help you.” I don’t know why I’m being exceptionally helpful but I have the urge to know him. What he have been through and what caused him to be … the way he is now.

“I don’t need your help.” The curious expression he had on previously disappeared and was replaced with a cold one. “I … I know what you’ve been through. It hurts a lot and the more you wander around finding the cure, the more the pain will increase.”

He turned around to walk away but I didn’t stop talking. “I’m the only one who could help you. You need me.” I thought he was going to take my offer when he stopped walking but the hope I had crushed down when he continued to walk away after glancing at me once.

 

 

“Ugh you stupid species that I don’t even know of.” I groaned and rolled around on my bed. “What kind of person- I mean creature would decline my offer.” I snorted. “No one … No one declined my offer. No one I say.” It turned quiet after my sudden rambling and I felt stupid for talking to myself.

“I don’t care about him … I don’t care about him.” I told myself over and over again like a mantra. It was already 4 in the morning and I weren’t even feeling sleepy.

A hot mug of coco sounded so good but the thought of climbing off my bed sounded so tiring. I decided to not sleep and be on my laptop until I feel sleepy but I had interviews tomorrow for a couple of jobs that I applied to. I groaned and rolled over to the edge of the bed and got off.

I dragged my feet out of the room and into the kitchen. Just right when I placed the mug the on the counter a knock was heard and I yelped in surprise. I glanced at the door and a lot of scary things popped up in my head. No, not ghosts, they couldn’t enter my house without my permission. By scary things, I meant burglars.

I tilted my head, what kind of burglar would knock on the door? Although I was little tiny bit scared, I walked slowly towards the door. Just right when I was nearing the door, I could feel it.

I could feel the aura. It was so strong and familiar. My breath hitched and I whispered, “No, it couldn’t be.” I immediately opened the door and my prediction was right.

“Help me.”

 

Not edited.Sorry. Thanks for subbing