The Variety Show

Polaroids and Other Things

             Luhan was listening to music on his phone as he waited for Jongin outside the gates of the school’s multipurpose center, which was where the variety was show was gonna be held at. He was sifting through his newly downloaded albums from when Jongin texted him:

 

             From: Jonginnie

             To: Luhan (Me)

                          hey i’ll be at the gates in around ten ^^

 

             From: Luhan (Me)

             To: Jonginnie

                          alright. i’ll be there in a few. see you there :)

 

             Luhan decided it was better off not to make Jongin worry by telling him that he was already there, waiting for him.

 

             He waited for a few minutes until he saw Jongin in the distance walking towards him. Jongin caught sight of him and waved. 

 

             “Luhan-hyung!” he called as he walked towards the gates. Luhan smiled and did a small wave in response.

 

             “Hey, hyung!”

 

             “Hey.”

 

             “Did you wait long?”

 

             “Nah.” Luhan shook his head.

 

             “Alright then. Let’s go?” Jongin pointed towards the entrance gate of the variety show with his head. Luhan nodded and the both of them started to walk towards it.

 

             “How was the rest of fair, by the way? I didn’t see you after I left,” Jongin asked as he presented his variety show ticket to the people on duty.

 

             “Nothing much,” Luhan replied. “I had to go home to take a bath and change and all since I was sweaty the entire day.”

 

             “Ah, I see.”

 

             As soon as Jongin and Luhan entered the venue, Jongin sees his friends near the stage.

 

             “Hey guys!” Jongin called out. Three guys and a girl looked towards them and they all waved back with huge grins.

             “Come on, hyung. I wanna introduce you to my friends.” Jongin grabbed the wrist of Luhan and walked towards the stage. Luhan didn’t even have time to respond.

 

             “Hey guys! This is Luhan-hyung. He’s a year above us.”

 

             Greetings were exchanged. Luhan thought the four of them seemed like nice people, or maybe it was because he was older than them by a year.

 

             “So you’re the Luhan guy,” one of the guys stated with an amused smirk. The three others were also carrying amused expressions.

 

             “Yes, Sehun,” Jongin replied with a threatening tone. Sehun noticed that Jongin’s left eye twitched when he said it.

 

             “Jongin always keeps talking about y-”

 

             “Aaaand we’re going, my friends are actually extremely terrible. Bye guys!” Jongin grabbed the wrist of Luhan again and walked off.

 

             “Jongin, I think he wanted to say something...”

 

             “Don’t approach or talk to those imps. Ever.

 

             Luhan stared at Jongin for a few seconds and chuckled as he shook his head. Jongin was unaware he was still gripping Luhan in the wrist until they finally sat down and Luhan cleared his throat to grab his attention.

 

             Jongin widened his eyes at his action and immediately released his grip. “S-sorry, hyung,” he apologized softly, not looking at Luhan directly.

 

             “It’s okay,” Luhan assured, “No big deal.” He noticed that Jongin’s shoulders were tensed.

 

             “Hey,” Luhan called softly. Jongin looked towards Luhan, and saw him gazing at him with his doe-eyes. He flusters at this.

 

             Suddenly, all the lights in the show venue turned off.

 

             “T-the show is gonna start now, hyung.”

 

             “Oh, right,” Luhan simply replied. Jongin straightened his back and kept a conservative distance from Luhan in nervousness. Luhan, however, didn’t seem to notice this.

 

***

 

             Jongin had a defeated frown slapped on his face when the variety show ended. He didn’t have the guts to talk to Luhan at all during the performances, and he was pretty sure Luhan was waiting for him to start a conversation with him the entire time.

 

             Both of them took their time in leaving the venue as everyone was exiting at the same time. Luhan could feel his phone vibrating from his side pocket multiple times, but he decided to ignore it for the time being. He felt Jongin’s arm on his shoulder as he was being guided to the exit.

 

             Once they were outside, Luhan grabbed his phone and checked his new messages. (5) New Messages from Xiumin, it said. Luhan narrowed his eyes in non-amusement and cleared his notifications. He looked up and saw that Jongin was looking at him, giving him a look at that implied that he was waiting for Luhan’s next action.

 

             “Wanna eat somewhere?” Luhan decided to ask. It was the right decision as Jongin’s eyes lit up and he broke into a smile, but it was suddenly replaced with a frown and he furrowed his eyebrows.

 

             “I have to be home by twelve,” Jongin informed, his shoulders slacking. It was already half past eleven.

 

             “Oh,” Luhan replied softly. “Well, can we walk home together then? We drop off at the same bus stop.”

 

             Luhan mentally sighed in relief, as Jongin’s expression lit up again.

 

             “Sure, hyung!” Jongin grinned.

 

             Their bus was full of people when it arrived, but since Jongin was on a curfew, they decided to take it. Luhan was pressed against Jongin’s chest when the bus began moving, and Luhan tried to hide his flustered face by lowering his head.

 

             “Jongi-”

 

             The bus suddenly went to a full stop, causing the people in the bus to lurch forward suddenly. Luhan wasn’t hanging onto anything so he lost balance, but luckily Jongin was able to save him in time by grabbing Luhan and held him close.

 

             They were practically hugging tightly now. Jongin leaned on a pole and his arms were wrapped around Luhan’s body tightly. Luhan’s arms were folded up against Jongin’s chest, and he was 100% sure he was hearing two heartbeats right now.

 

             “Jongin,” Luhan tried to breathe out.

 

             Unfortunately, for Luhan, Jongin tightened the hug more as even more people got on the bus. It felt incredibly suffocating for Luhan, not because of all the people, but because of how close he was to Jongin right now. He wasn’t used to this close kind of contact before. 

 

             “Now arriving at Intersection Bus Stop,” the bus announcer spoke after a few minutes passed.

 

             “U-um, this is our stop, Jongin,” Luhan sputtered. He pulled himself away from Jongin, while pushing a couple of people against the wall of course, and made his way towards the bus door.

 

             He breathed out a sigh of relief as the ligh-theaded feeling of suffocation began to disappear the moment he hopped out of the bus. Jongin shortly followed.

 

             They walked together for a while, the two of them not saying anything to each other. After awhile, they reached the intersection where their houses were located at opposite end

 

             “Hey, Luhan-hyung,” Jongin called his attention.

 

             “Yeah?” Luhan looked up at Jongin.

 

             “I, um, I had a fun time with you tonight,” Jongin smiled gratefully.

 

             Luhan smiled back. “I had a fun time too, Jongin.”

 

             Jongin somehow couldn’t continue the conversation, and they shared an awkward silence. Jongin was starting to tense up again. He didn’t want this night to go to waste.

 

             “See you this week, Jongin.” Luhan said.

 

             “You too.” Jongin replied. Luhan didn’t notice that he was pouting as it was dark.

 

             They smiled at each other before they turned around and began walking to their houses.

 

             However, Jongin, decided it was time for his balls to drop. He turned around and began running towards Luhan.

 

             “Luhan-hyung!” Jongin shouted.

 

             Luhan turned his head at Jongin’s voice.

 

             “I forgot something.”

 

             Jongin bent down slightly, and chastely kissed Luhan in the lips. Jongin pulled back after a few seconds.

 

             “Let’s see each other again soon, Luhan-hyung,” Jongin said before running off again towards his original direction.

 

             Luhan dumbly stood there for the next few minutes, lightly touching his lips.

 

 

 

 

 


a/n:

 

SORRY I DIDNT KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING WHEN I WROTE THIS

ive been reading a lot of kray fics lately and ive been getting discouraged because EVERYBODY writes so good and their pacing and sentences are so well written and then i look at my fic and i just laugh

but please bear with me the pace is gonna pick up in the next coming chapters.

THANK YOU

NAD CONGRATS TO EXO FOR WINNING SHOW CHAMPION EVERY TIME I POST A CHAPTER EXO WINS SOMETHING 

oh and did you guys see Lay in the backstage of their first win??????????

 

i have such an inflated crush on lay it's unfaiR and im SO HAPPY THAT LAY is getting comforted by other members.

 

but then