Chapter 2: Small World

Yes...I'm Your Daddy!

 

Dara's schedule for the whole day was packed. She had to entertain clients from left to right, after one client to another. She has to meet another client named Lee Hyukjae yet. The venue of their meeting will be at the poolside restaurant of the Imperial Palace Seoul for lunch at around one in the afternoon.

After dealing with the clients she had to deal with this morning, she decided to take a break for a while before meeting Mr. Lee. She checked on the time and saw that it's already quarter to one. Then she went straight to the parking lot, got inside her car and started driving.

It's a good thing that the distance from her building to the Imperial Palace Seoul is just a fifteen minute drive. She arrived on time. She went straight to the poolside restaurant and told one of the waiters that she is Lee Hyukjae's guest. The waiter led her straight to their table. It's obvious that she's the first one to arrive. A few minutes later, Lee Hyukjae finally arrived with a lady whom Dara is sure, his wife. Mr. Lee saw her and walked towards her together with the lady clutching his arm.

"Ms. Park, I am very much delighted to see you," said Lee Hyukjae, bowing to Dara.

Dara also stood up and bowed to the gentleman in front of her. "It's great to see you too, Mr. Lee."

"By the way, this is my wife Hyoyeon," said Mr. Lee.

"Nice to meet you," said Hyoyeon. smiling at Dara and bowed.

Dara bowed and smiled as well. "Nice to meet you, too."

Then the three people sat down. They gave their orders to the waiter. While waiting for their orders, they discussed their latest project. The new project the is the new resort hotel that is going to be built by the Lee Corporation, which is owned by Mr. Lee Hyukjae's father. According to Lee Hyukjae, the goal theme of the resort is to be a resort that has that family, couple and child friendly in one. Dara listened intently to Lee Hyukjae's plans. She also take notes of the suggestion of his wife Hyoyeon which are fairly useful. Finally, their orders arrive. They ate while still discussing the new project.

"So I guess, we have already discussed the goal for building of this resort," said Hyukjae. "I hope that gave an insight to what designs you are going to apply to the resort, Ms. Park."

Dara nodded. "That certainly did, Mr. Lee."

"We will just have to wait for my brother since he is the one who will be in-charge of this project," said Hyukjae. "I already sent a message to him, informing him to come her and we'll discuss it with him. I hope you don't mind if we wait for him for a while?"

"I understand, and no, I don't mind at all," answered Dara.

"I just hope that your brother won't be late this time Hyukkie," said Hyoyeon, rolling her eyes. Dara noticed it and can't help but wonder.

"He must be a very busy person so I understand he will be late for a while," said Dara as she takes a sip from her juice.

"I hope you both of you are right," said Hyukjae with an unsure expression on his face which Dara hinted. Because of this exppression and the way Hyoyeon spoke earlier, she can already tell that she will be here for a while to wait for Mr. Lee Hyukjae's dear brother. And she got it all right.

 

Yoona is in her office preparing the sketches of the design she made that she will show to her client. The actress of the moment, Kwon Yuri is on her way to see her and the sketches of designs for her new gown that she will use for the Cannes Film Festival. Yes the gown she will design will be going to Cannes and that alone gave her determination to do better and not to mention that Kwon Yuri is being refered to as the actress of  the moment for being pretty, popular and talented at the same time.

She heard a knock rom her door. "Come in!"

The door opened, revealing her petite secretary Jaekyung. "Miss Yoona, Kwon Yuri has arrived."

"Okay, send them here in my office," she said to her secretary.

A few minutes later, Kwon Yuri went inside her office with someone. Yes, she is with someone that made Yoona's jaw drop.The person Kwon Yuri went with, happened to be the same person whom she held a grudge to, during Gyuri's party.

"Yoona ssi, it's nice to see you again," said Kwon Yuri, flashing the smile that Yoona is most definitely sure, attracted millions of her fans, boys or girl. "I can't wait to see the designs."

"Nice to see you again as well Yuri ssi," said Yoona, smiling uncomfortably as she steal glances at Jiyong. She can't believe it. Of all places she had to see this person again, it will be right here in her office.

"Oh by the way, this is my brother Kwon Jiyong," said Yuri. "I just asked him to drive for me here then we'll go to my shoot after here. Oppa, this my favorite designer, Im Yoona."

Kwon Jiyong glanced at Yoona. He can feel a dark aura surrounding Yoona as she stared at him. "This in interesting," he thought. Who would've that the designer that his sister adores for having unique and youthful designs in her  clothing line and the designer Yuri will be meeting today is the same person he bumped to and made fun of during Gyuri's party.

"Nice to meet you Im Yoona ssi," said Jiyong. "I am Kwon Jiyong and you may call me Jiyong."

Jiyong bowed to Yoona. He can tell that Yoona is hesitant to respond to him and is giving him weird looks. It's understandable, he left a bad impression on her.

Yoona can't help but just stare at the man in front of her. She is very much hesitant to respond to this person named Kwon Jiyong for a couple of reasons. First reason is that, she doesn't like this person. He has that charismatic and confident aura which she thought, is arrogant, surrounding him. Two, he ruined her dress during Gyuri's party and did not even apologize. Three, he made fun of her and he definitely left a bad impression on her. Maybe the list will go on because they met again today.

"Nice to meet you too, I am Im Yoona," said Yoona, trying her best to sound calm and sincere but knew it in her that she failed. She gave her sketches for Yuri to see. "I hope you'll be able to find the design you like in one of those sketches. Feel free to choose and take your time." This time she sounded nicely and smiled genuinely at Yuri

While Yuri is looking at the sketches, Jiyong on the other hand can't help but smirk. Yoona obviously tried to sound nice to him but failed. The world is indeed small. He never thought he'll see this person again but he did. He checked on his sister who is still busy looking for the designs. Then he stole glances at Yoona who also looked at him, glaring. If looks could kill, he would be dead by now.

"OMG! All of them are so wonderful," squealed Yuri. "I'm having a hard time choosing the best gown!"

Yoona can't help but smile proudly after hearing what Yuri said. She did her best in coming up with those designs so she definitely believes that Kwon Yuri's praises for her work is very much deserved.

Jiyong saw the proud smile formed on Yoona's face after hearing his sister praise her. "Maybe I can help you choose," said Jiyong which earned a nod from his sister. Then he glanced at Yoona whose brows furrowed after he volunteered helping his sister to find the right gown design. He answered her with a smirk then looked at the sketches. The sketches of designs, when he looked at them, he liked them. Like is an understatement. He was amazed and impressed at how well made they are. The sketches are neatly made and she can see the creativity of Yoona which impressed him.

"I didn't know you are capable of producing wonderful things," he said teasingly as he looked at her, smirking with absolute mockery.

Yoona glared at him. Was he insulting her? Does he actually think that she is not capable of doing good things. "What do you mean?" she asked with a hint of annoyance in her tone.

Yuri elbowed her brother. "Of course she is! That is why I like her designs," said Yuri to her brother. "I'm sorry for my brother's words. He just really likes to tease people."

Yoona nodded. "I understand." She tried to be patient for the sake of Yuri, her client. He caught Jiyong glancing at her and winked at her. She rolled her eyes and looked at Yuri who is still busy analyzing the sketches to see which designs she prefer. This guy is really starting to get on her nerves.

A few minutes later, Yuri finally found the gown she will wear for Cannes. She chose the black embroidered gown with sequines. She explained why she chose the gown because it has the combination of sleek, y and innocence added with maturity and youthful feel to it at the same time.

"I have to be the most beautiful girl when I walk down the red carpet in Cannes," said Yuri in a theartical manner. "I can't wait to show to the whole world how beautiful natural Korean beauty is. I want the whole world to be amazed. With this gown, I know I can show it. I have absolute faith in this design of yours."

"Thanks, I'll definitely make sure of that," said Yoona with a sincere and confident smile. "You'll be in the headlines of every fashion magazines in each country that features the Cannes."

"I'm counting on that," said Yuri.

Jiyong can't help but chuckle at the two ambitious ladies. "If I were the two of you, I won't get my hopes up too high."

The two ladies glared at him and it amused him even more. Yuri walked towards him and strangled him in a playful manner. "Oppa! You really know how to ruin my mood!"

"Hmmph! Let's go!" said Yuri, then looked at Yoona. "Thank you for the wonderful designs Yoona ssi. Wish you all the best for designing. Fighting!"

"Thanks, and same with your acting. Fighting!" replied Yoona.

Yuri was the first one to get out of the office. Jiyong looked at Yoona for a while and she can't help but scowl. "What? Aren't you going? Your sister is probably in a hurry."

Jiyong laughed. "You're funny."

Yoona's mouth hang opened. Did he just say that she's funny? She never tried being funny today. She was serious the whole time! What's wrong with this guy. "Just go out!"

Jiyong tapped Yoona's chin, lifting it up, with his index finger. "I'll see you again, soon." Jiyong winked as soon as he said those words.

"Well I hope not," said Yoona, pissed. "I don't want to see you again."

"You'll never know because it's a small world after all," said Jiyong. "Hasta la vista."

Then Jiyong was gone, leaving a dumbfounded Yoona. Then Yoona heard her phone ringing. She check on who it is and it's Dara. "Hello," she answered.

"Yoong! I have a favor to ask you," said Dara from the other line. "Are you busy?"

"Okay, so what is it?" asked Yoona. "And I'm not busy."

"I'm still on a meeting with a client and Minyoung's class will end soon," said Dara. "So I was hoping if you can pick her up for me. Please! I promise I'll make it up to you."

"I understand," said Yoona with a smile. "Okay, I'll go and pick up Minyoung now."

"Thank you very much Yoong!" said Dara with delight. "I don't know what I'll do without you."

Yoona giggled and the call ended. Yoona then left as soon as the call ended to pick up Minyoung.

 

Lee Donghae is still in his room playing Kingdom Hearts 3D. He already received a message from his older brother Hyukjae informing him to go to the Imperial Palace Seoul to meet up with the interior designer of their new resort. He groaned at the idea of the new resort where he is assigned as the new leader. Why does it have to be him, of all people?

He did not even went to office today. He just stayed in his house the whole morning. The look on his father's face once the news of him being absent today reaches him already appeared on his imaginations but he didn't give a damn. Then he got distracted from his play when he heard his phone ring. He paused his game and answered his phone.

"Where are you?" said the caller who happens to be his older brother. "Hurry up! You have to get in here this instant!"

Donghae sighed. "Alright! I'll be there." Then his brother hung up. He saved his game and prepared himself to go to the Imperial Palace Seoul. The hotel happens to be a thirty to forty-five minute drive from his place.

 

Dara waited, trying to be patient with Lee Hyukjae's brother. She looked at the couple and she can tell too, that just like her, they are starting to lose their patience, especially Hyoyeon. Hyukjae's brother is leaving a bad impression on her for being late. She wondered if this person has the word professionalism in his vocabulary. He is a professional so he should at least know what punctuality is and making his partners wait is not part of it's meaning.

"As expected of your brother, Hyukkie!" said Hyoyeon, sounding pissed.

"He'll probably be here," said Hyukjae who obviously can't take this long wait anymore as well.

Then a man walked towards them, panting. "I'm sorry for being late Hyung," said the man who Dara thinks is finally the person they have been waiting for.

Dara observed Hyukjae's brother as he took a seat beside her. Her eyes widened upon seeing who it was. The person did not see her yet as he took a sit beside her. 

"Finally! This is my brother Lee Donghae," said Hyukjae, introducing the two. "This is our interior designer, Park Sandara ssi."

Lee Donghae look at Dara and seeing her made his jaw drop. Dara gulped upon seeing the person she wanted to see the least, again. 

"You!" squealed Donghae in shock. The couple got startled at Donghae's reaction. Dara on the other hand was just tongue tied.

"You know each other?" asked Hyukjae.

"Yes, her name is Park Dee Dee," said Donghae.

"Park Dee Dee?" said Hyukjae in confusion as he looked at Dara questioningly. "But your name is Park Sandara, right?"

"Yes, my name is Park Sandara," said Dara calmly.

"Donghae, her name is Sandara not Dee Dee," said Hyoyeon.

"But, but, I thought your name is Dee Dee," said Donghae.

"I don't know what your talking about," said Dara without hesitation. "Let's just get to the business."

Hyukjae and Hyoyeon agreed. Donghae can't help but be confused with what's happening but tried to recover to be able concentrate on his brother's explanation about the new resort. After his brother explained the goals and plan, Hyukjae and Hyoyeon waved them goodbye for they have a  New York flight to catch up to, leaving Dara and Donghae alone.

"I can't believe you lied," said Donghae. "You said your name was Dee Dee."

"So what! It's none of your business!" said Dara angrily.

"Don't you know? Liars go to hell," said Donghae which annoyed Dara.

"Again, it's none of your business!" said Dara. "And don't you know that it's not wise for a professional or educated person to make his business partners wait."

"Sorry about that," said Donghae with a grin. "But if I had known before that it would be you, I would've came here earlier. I finally got your real name and we'll be working together since I'm the one in-charge of this project. What a small world isn't it?"

Dara groaned in frustration at the thought of her being stuck with the person she hates. Of all interior designers, why did they have to pick her? Of all Lee's in Seoul that will be in-charge and she'll be working with, why did it had to be Lee Donghae? Yes! It is indeed a small world. How annoying?

 

 

 

 

So they meet again...What do you think?

Please don't forget to leave honest comments without being rude.

Thanks for those who read, subscibed, voted and commented in this stoy.

It's very much appreciated....Thanks you very much.

Have fun reading ths chapter.