Chapter 1: Their First Meeting

Yes...I'm Your Daddy!

 

Dara had just driven her daughter Minyoung to school and is now on her way to work. She somehow felt relieved that she had dropped Minyoung at school for she had been asking her the usual question about her father and she can’t really answer that. She’ll just shrug or give her answers that her father is from Mars. There was even a time when she answered her that her father is superman. Those are very stupid answers, indeed.

 While driving, a huge house caught her attention so she stopped for a while and got out of her car and stared at the house. It’s all strange that she just noticed this house now when it’s obvious that it’s been there for quite a while. It doesn’t look new to her but it doesn’t look that old either. The style is pretty modern, a three storey house filled with sort of complicated corners, sliding doors and huge windows made of crystals. The design and paint used in the house also gave that masculine vibe which made it obvious to her that the occupant of the house is indeed a bachelor who has no plans of settling down and creating a family of his own. Not that it mattered to her, it was just sort of a guess but it’s none of her business if the owner has plans of setting down or not. She doesn’t know the person anyway.

While Dara is busy staring at the huge house, she did not notice that a man, probably the same age as her is walking towards her. She did not even notice that he is already beside her which amused the person. “So what’s so special with that house that you’ve been staring at it? Are you planning to buy it?”

Dara chuckled at the question. “No way! I like my home better, it’s cozier,” she said without looking at the person asking her the question.

“Then why are you staring at it?” the man asked.

“I know this house is not new but it just caught my attention right now because it stood out,” said Dara, still not looking at the person.

“And what made it stood out?” the person asked again.

“It’s just that, if you look around each houses in this area, this somehow gave a different vibe,” said Dara looking around the neighborhood and pointing from each houses then at the huge house that caught her attention. “If you look at every house in this area, it has that child friendly environment and family prioritizing vibe. This one stood out because the person who owns this house is obviously a bachelor who has no plans of settling down and creating a family anytime soon.”

“And what makes you say that?” asked the person with amusement in his tone.

“Look at the house,” said Dara, pointing at the three storey house. “It sure is huge but by the looks of it, it has a lot of complicated corners. And it’s a part of every child’s development to have fun, play and running around the house is normal for them. They will not be able to move freely and they might just bump on each walls and corners. Then it has a lot of sliding doors and huge windows made of glass and crystal which is very accident prone to children. And the dark colored paint and design is very masculine so I guess that’s it. But I could be wrong. Who knows, maybe the owner is married for all I care. It doesn’t matter anyway.”

The man chuckled. “Wow, you’re knowledgeable when it comes to house designs.”

“I’m an interior designer and I catered to all kinds of clients such as men, women, married with kids, newlyweds and I encountered bachelor clients who asked for designs almost similar to this,” said Dara and looked at the person she’s talking too. But she froze upon seeing the person she is talking to. She blinked twice to make sure she is not seeing things.

“No wonder, because you’re assessment is very true,” said the man, with a smirk.

Dara’s brows furrowed upon seeing the person’s face. “Lee Donghae.”

“Lee Donghae, owner of the house” said the man, bowing at Dara. “Nice meeting you. May I have the name of the lovely lady in front of me?”

Dara’s eyes widened. Could it be that he did not notice her, because she really noticed him as soon as her eyes landed on him. "I have to go,” she just muttered and went inside her car without looking back at the man named Lee Donghae.

Donghae just eyed the retreating figure of the car. That woman amused and intrigued him at the same time. “Well I hope to see you again, miss,” he just said to himself, chuckling as he entered his three storey house that the woman had the chance of critiquing earlier.

 

She finally arrived at the building of Celestial Designs. A business she built with her best friend Yoona. Yoona is a well known fashion designer while she is one of the top interior designers. They met at college and since then they became best friends. They even stay in one roof now and Minyoung calls her aunty.

Yoona noticed the annoyed look on Dara’s face. “So what’s with the sour face?”

Dara groaned. “I can’t believe I saw that annoying guy again. He just made my day bad.”

Yoona chuckled. “And who is that annoying guy?”

Dara rolled her eyes. “The one I told you before. The guy who had made my primary, middle school and high school life a living hell! Lee Donghae.”.

Yoona’s eyes widened and formed into and O shape. “So what did he say?” she asked with curiosity.

“Well, he did not recognize me,” said Dara. “When he told me his name, I just went inside my car and started running the car without introducing myself.”

“Wow, that’s just rude girl” said Yoona.

“Ugh…who cares!” said Dara. “There’s no need for me to respect a jerk like him anyway.”

Yoona just giggled at her best friend’s remark. Then she remembered the appointment they have to attend to, tonight. “Hey, we have to go to Gyuri’s engagement party.”

“Oh yeah,” said Dara, finally remembering the said appointment. This Gyuri is one of their loyal customers. When Gyuri had friends who are in need of renovation for their house, she’ll recommend Dara. Dara is even the one designing their future house. Yoona is Gyuri’s favorite designer and will be designing her wedding gown.

 

It was already evening and the two ladies are ready go to their appointment. Dara just appointed a girl named Jiyoung to babysit Minyoung. Dara trusts this girl when it comes to Minyoung. Jiyoung is Minyoung’s favorite babysitter. Dara left instructions for Jiyoung. Then she and Yoona kissed Minyoung goodbye.

They finally arrived at the party. It is filled with well known people. Some are big time celebrities while some are part of the upper crust society. The party went on. Yoona excused herself saying that she’ll just get some drinks leaving Dara alone in their table.

A few minutes later, a person sat on an empty chair beside Dara. Dara was stunned to see who it was, which made her eyebrows met. It’s Lee Donghae. “You again?”

“Great isn’t it?” said Donghae teasingly. “I just hoped this morning that I will see you again and I did. So may I have your name now?”

“Go away,” she muttered.

Donghae chuckled. “Too bad, I’m not leaving until you give me your name.”

“And what if I don’t want to?” asked Dara, raising her eyebrow.

“Then I won’t leave,” said Donghae.

“Will you just leave me alone,” said Dara. “I’m not interested in being friends with you, to be honest.”

“Ouch…that hurt,” said Donghae, imitating a hurt facial expression then it turned into a smirk. “Don’t you know that girls always give me their names as soon as I ask them for their names?”

Dara rolled her eyes. “Then why don’t you just look for girls who are interested because I’m clearly not.”

Donghae chuckled. “But I won’t leave until you give me your name.”

“If I tell you my name, will you leave me alone?” asked Dara.

Donghae shook his head. “Let’s just say that I want to spend time with you now.”

“Well I don’t!” said Dara, as she is starting to lose her patience. “I will only tell you my name if you promise to leave me alone after.”

“Alright, alright,” said Donghae in defeat but with a clearly amused expression on his face.

“Well…my name is…uhm…Park Dee Dee.” Dara lied with hesitation. “Yeah! That’s it.”

Donghae chuckled. “That’s a unique name, Dee Dee,” he said, winking at Dara. “I guess I’ll leave you for now. But I have a feeling that this won’t be the last we’ll see each other again.”

Dara was relieved that Donghae was gone. Then realization hit her. The name she gave was just the most stupid name ever. It’s the name of Dexter’s childish and annoying sister in Dexter’s Laboratory.

 

Yoona reached the bar of the party venue. She walked hurriedly to get some drinks until she bumped into someone. The drinks of that person spilled on her dress. “What the! My dress!”

“Will you watch where you’re going,” she said with annoyance in her tone. Then she looked at the culprit only to see a good looking man with blonde hair and brown eyes. He wore a black tux and Yoona can feel the charismatic aura surrounding this guy. She was mesmerized for a bit but recovered quickly. “Next time, watch where you’re going. Now look at what happened to my dress.”

The man chuckled. “You’re the one who is not looking on your way.”

Yoona gaped at the man’s answer. She was hoping that this guy will at least apologize but he didn’t and that’s enough for her to hate this guy. “Seriously, it’s you who is not looking.”

“You’re the one who bumped into me,” said the man. “So what ever happened to your dress, it’s not my fault. So next time, watch where you’re going.”

Yoona clenched her fist and gritted her teeth in anger. “So rude!” she said and turned away.

“Look who’s talking!” said the man enough for her to hear while she was walking away from her. Those words made her fume with anger at the man. She went back to Dara only to see her with an annoyed expression.

“Wanna go home?” asked Yoona.

“I thought you’d never ask, let’s go,” she said then she saw Yoona’s dress. “What happened to your dress?”

“Urgh! Just bumped in to some jerk!” sais Yoona, clearly irritated.

 

The two ladies are now in the car. Dara is driving while Yoona is talking on her phone to Gyuri, explaining that an emergency came up that they had to go home. After the call, Yoona groaned in frustration. “I hate that guy! So rude!”

“Looks like your night had just gotten horrible,” said Dara.

Yoona nodded. “Totally!”

“I really understand you,” said Dara.

When they arrived at their residence, Minyoung is already asleep. Dara told Jiyoung to finally go home who are just a few blocks away.

Then Dara entered her room. She took her shower then changed into her pajamas and lay down on her bed. Then a certain person entered her mind. She took her high school yearbook from the shelf near her bed and grabbed a pentel pen.

She opened the yearbook and looked for Donghae’s picture. She draw horns and animal ears on both sides of Donghae’s head. She will even put some lines on Donghae’s picture. Then she wrote on Donghae’s picture…

I hate you!

Satisfied at what she did, she smiled, returning the yearbook and pentel pen on the shelf it was placed earlier. The Dara turned off her lamp shade and dozed off.

 

 

 

 

 

Finally I can post the first chapter...So what do you think?

Please don't forget to leave a comment. More comments are inspiring to write.

Thanks to those who read, subscribed and commented on this story. Thanks for the support.

Thank you and have fun reading!