Chapter 18

Finally, A Happy Ever After

Chun Hua craned her stiff neck in the middle of the night from all the catching up that she had to do with her studies. It has been heavenly to be with her beloved idol group all these past few months but she always have to take a night or two of no sleep so that she could catch up. A day with beloved EXO also means a night of no sleep for the student who is pursuing the course of medicine in Seoul, South Korea.

She jumped in fright as she heard an unusual sound from outside.

It must be Xin, getting water or something... She told herself. I should get one too. She stood up from her seat and went to open the door.

As she walked to the kitchen, she saw a man wearing boxers instead. Her eyes widened as she went nearer to see that person is.

“Luhan?” She uttered in disbelief.

Luhan turned his head to the caller and smiled at her. “Good morning, Chun Hua. Sorry did I wake you?”

Chun Hua just shook her head as she tried to find her words. She eyed Luhan and his outfit—boxers and wife beater. Wow. “Uh... you sleep here?”

“Yeah.” He ruffled his hair in embarrassment.

“Oh. Okay...” Chun Hua nodded. “That's cool.”

Silence over-took them when Luhan asked awkwardly.“Would you like some water?”

“Oh. Yes please~”

As Luhan got a new glass of water, he gave it to her as she took it gratefully without drinking it yet. “I’ll just take this to my room.” Chun Hua said as she started to walk back to her room. “Night.”

“Night.”

Chun Hua closed her bedroom door and just leaned behind it, waiting to hear something, anything.

Where did Luhan sleep? Living room? But it is so cold there especially around this time. And then, Chun Hua heard another door close and there she understood. Her eyes widened in amazement. “WOW. Xin.” She whispered to herself.

She felt so giddy with the knowledge that Luhan is sleeping with Xin. And that outfit of his tonight. Chun Hua blushed at the thought. Her imagination running wild.

“No...No.” She shook her head to get away with her thoughts. “Need to study.” She muttered and finally went to her study table as she put down the glass of water Luhan gave to her and sat on her chair. But a smile was still evident on her lips as she started to study again.


The sun rose indicating that it's morning. Chun Hua’s stomach grumbled again in complaint because of hunger. The time went flying so fast that she never had the chance to sleep even for just a moment. Chun Hua grabbed for her cup of coffee finding it empty in the end in which she gave out a frustrated sigh.

“Guess I’ll cook breakfast.” She murmured and stood up so fast that it made her head dizzy as she held on to the table to steady herself. “Whoa.” She reacted to the little incident and immediately shrugged it off as she went for the door, out of her room and to the kitchen.

She opened the fridge and saw a lot of ingredients. But she just picked 3 eggs and a pack of frozen bacon. Chun Hua really doesn’t know how to cook except the basic ones. She is more of the baker than a cook.

A smile brought to Chun Hua’s lips when she remembered Luhan sleeping here. That’s why there are 3 eggs, right? Keke. Feeling excited for some reason, she was done cooking in no time as she placed the food on the dining table. Now what? She thought and paced back and forth a few times in front of Mei Xin’s door, debating if she should go in or not. She decided to do the former because of utmost excitement. With a wide grin on her face, she opened Mei Xin’s door slowly, her head peeking a little at the space that she had created. She saw Luhan dressed properly now and trying to wake Mei Xin by pulling her hand. She almost squealed in utmost joy but successfully held on and kept that joy hidden inside.

Luhan noticed the opening of the door and smiled as he found Chun Hua.

“Good morning, Chun Hua.” He greeted, still holding Xin’s wrist.

Chun Hua opened the door fully now. “Good morning~” She chimed, eyeing the hands of Luhan on Mei Xin.

“Oh… uh…I’m just waking her up for breakfast…cook breakfast.” He explained.

“Oh. No worries~” She shook her head a little slower now because of her head spinning from lack of sleep. “I already cooked breakfast. We’ll just wake her up.”

“Oh okay.” Luhan nodded and looked down on Mei Xin, back to Chun Hua. “Any suggestions on how to?”

Chun Hua giggled and walked her way to the bed, jumping on it causing the bed to quake and the sleeping girl to move a little. “XIIIIN!” Chun Hua nearly shouted in front of her. “Wake up. Luhan is waiting for you!”

“Huh? What?” Mei Xin finally opened her sleepy eyes a little as her head strived to get up.

“Luhan is waiting for you~” She chimed, giggling her heart out internally as she signaled Luhan to keep quiet.

“Luhan where?” Xin replied and as if, finally being able to feel again, she became aware of her surroundings. She saw her hand being held by someone and her eyes widened to see Luhan holding her. “Ah!” She squeaked and freed her hand away from Luhan as fast as she moved away from her side of the bed.

“Yah. Good morning sleepy head.” Chun Hua poked Xin’s forehead.

“Good morning.” Mei Xin replied, slowly calming down and sitting up. “Ack… what time is it?”

Luhan looked at his watch and said, “7:30.”

“7:30…?” Mei Xin echoed and then looked at Chun Hua. “Why are you up?” she turned her head to Luhan and back to Chun Hua. “and… I…I can explain.”

“Hm..?” Chun Hua tilted her head. “Explain what?”

“Uh… h-him?” She answered meekly, pointing at Luhan secretly.

“Oh… no worries. I saw him in the middle of the night earlier and I’m not surprised anymore. You two sleep together. That’s good news.” She clapped her hands excitedly.

“N-no.” Mei Xin shook her head fervently, stuttering her words. “There is this barrier between us you see.” She pointed at the middle of the bed intending to point the pillow that she placed last night but it wasn’t there anymore.

“Uh-huh~” Chun Hua nodded in agreement, not believing it one bit. “Anyway, I vote for Luhan, whatever you guys are doing.” She gave a meaningful stare at the couple.

Luhan diverted his gaze away from Chun Hua and stared at anywhere but the two girls as he tried to change the subject by saying some random stuff. Mei Xin on the other hand face palmed herself muttering some incoherent words as she got out of the bed. “Why are you up so early?”

Chun Hua shrugged and grinned at her. “Had to do some catching up that’s all.” She watched Xin register her words before she hopped a little in excitement as she said breakfast is ready and went out of the room ahead. The embarrassing conversation easily forgotten as each of them went out of the room.

Chun Hua greeted Luhan and Mei Xin at the dining table. Showcasing her cooking with a proud “tadah~”

“Wow~” Mei Xin said.

“American breakfast.” Luhan observed. “Are you really Chinese?” he asked curiously. “First, Italian. Now, American?”

“Italian?” Xin asked curiously. “You cook Italian, mommy?”

Chun Hua gently shook her head as she sat down. “I only know how to cook spaghetti~”

“No no.” I meant from last time. “When she had dinner with the guys.”

“Ahhh…” Chun Hua and Mei Xin nodded in understanding.

“I don’t know… I think American breakfast is easy to cook.” Chun Hua laughed awkwardly. “Besides, most of my relatives are in the U.S. So… I guess…?”

“U.S.?” Luhan’s eyes widened. “So you know English?”

“Uh… Yes.” She replied in the said language.

“Wah. So smart.” Luhan praised, shaking his head as he took a bite of the bacon. A ring of the phone caught everyone’s attention and Luhan fished for his from his pants.

“Chanyeol-ah.” Luhan greeted the caller.

At the said of the name, Chun Hua’s eyes sparkled. Mei Xin grinned at Chun Hua who couldn’t take her eyes off Luhan and his phone as of the moment.

Luhan frowned at what he heard from Chanyeol. “No, thank you.” Luhan answered and immediately ended the call.

“What was that?” Xin asked curiously.

Luhan sighed. “Apparently… that Chanyeol wanted to…”

The doorbell rang, cutting Luhan’s sentence.

“I’ll get it.” Mei Xin volunteered and dashed for the door because the unknown visitor seems to be very impatient. “Okay okay. I’m here.” She murmured, finally reaching for the door knob and twisting it to open.

“Hyung!” Chanyeol’s voice boomed from the room and Luhan nearly choked on something when he heard him call his name.

Chanyeol nearly made everyone leap out from their skin especially Mei Xin who opened the door and was taken aback from the visitor’s booming voice.

“Chanyeol.” Chun Hua squeaked the visitor’s name in delight as she immediately stood up from her place.

“Hi noona.” Chanyeol waved at her and gave her his usual smiling face.

“Chanyeol.” Luhan’s voice croaked and cleared his throat to get rid of it. “What are you doing here?”

“Hyung. Why won’t you?” Chanyeol asked back with a very sad expression on his face, walking his way to Luhan.

“I’m busy.” Luhan answered. “How did you know I’m here?”

“But hyuuung.” Chanyeol whined. “It’s supposed to be a free day. But everyone said that when I asked them.”

“Exactly why it’s a free day…” Luhan pointed out. “I want to spend it with others.”

“Like who?” Chanyeol countered, not believing him.

Luhan went speechless for a moment. “Like…” His eye caught Mei Xin who was slowly coming back to the dining table. “Like Xin.”

“Wait what?” The said girl was surprised to hear her name all of a sudden.

“Right?” Luhan eyed her. “We have plans.”

Mei Xin looked at Luhan and to Chanyeol who especially turned his head to look at her for confirmation. “Uh. Right.” She agreed, nodding her head, going along with whatever Luhan is thinking and also earned a meaningful nudge from Chun Hua.

“That settles it.” Luhan leaned back on his chair with a proud smile. “You can always go alone, you know.” He suggested.

Chanyeol who is now wearing a very sad expression from the confirmation that he heard, whined at Luhan’s suggestion. “No~ I don’t want to… it’s lonely.”

“What are you planning to do Channie?” Chun Hua asked curiously.

Chanyeol turned his head to Chun Hua and immediately had an idea. “Noona!”

“What?” Chun Hua mirrored Chanyeol’s voice.

“You should come with me.”

“Come with you? Okay~” She immediately agreed which made Luhan hit his forehead with his palm. “Where?”

“I don’t know.” Chanyeol answered honestly but still grinning from the positive answer that he got from her. “But it’s going to be fun.”

“Okay. That’s good.” Chun Hua nodded, grinning from ear to ear. “What time are we going?”

“Now?” Chanyeol suggested and was about to grab hold of Chun Hua to take off when Mei Xin intervened as she got in between Chanyeol and Chun Hua.

“Wait wait. Chanyeol. She’s not ready yet.”

“What?” Chun Hua asked, puzzled. Her brows furrowed in confusion and was about to get mad at the other for blocking her and Chanyeol’s way.

“Mommy.” Xin looked at her and looked down on her outfit as realization hit Chun Hua.

“Ahhh…” Chun Hua nodded and laughed shyly. “Sorry Chanyeol. I still need to get ready.” She explained. Tagging on what she’s wearing to emphasize her point.

Chanyeol looked at her outfit and blushed slightly, scratching the back of his head. “Oh… uh… sorry noona. I’ll wait.”

“Cool.” Chun Hua beamed and dashed to her room.

Chun Hua’s so happy that she has a date with Chanyeol that she started humming as she bathes. It took her less than an hour to take one because of her excitement as she quickly dried and debated with herself on what to wear. After a few, she finally decided to go with classy casual for today. Classy because it’s her style and casual because she doesn’t know where Chanyeol is taking her. She donned on her clothes, ironed her hair and put on light make-up to brighten up her face, hiding hints of blackness under her eyes caused by the lack of sleep. And as soon as she’s done, she got out of her room with a big grin on her face, easily finding Chanyeol on the sofa, talking to Luhan and Mei Xin.

Chanyeol immediately felt her presence as he turned to look at her in the middle of the conversation. “Noona!” He exclaimed, his voice a bit louder than usual.

Chun Hua waved a little. “I’m ready~”

“Great. Let’s go?” Luhan asked, standing up.

“We’re going now?” Mei Xin asked, surprised as she took an earphone off from her ear. “You’re coming with us?” Chun Hua asked at the same time with Mei Xin with the same expression of surprise.

“Yes and no.” Luhan answered. “We are not really going with the both of you but just leave this building together.”

“Okay.” Xin nodded and stood up, walking towards Chun Hua as she hooked her arm around her neck. “Come on, mommy.”


Chanyeol and Luhan eyed the two girls who walked together hand in hand. Both are thinking the same thing as they mused internally how close they are with each other.

“Hyung. Are you sure you guys are not coming with us?” Chanyeol whispered in Luhan’s ear as they followed the 2 girls’ lead.

“No thanks, Channie.” Luhan once again denied the invite for two hidden reasons.

“But…” Chanyeol was about to protest once again when Luhan stopped him with a shush.


“Mommy, have fun with your date with daddy~” Mei Xin whispered to Chun Hua’s ear as she tried to hide her excitement for the couple.

“Thank you~ Are you excited too? You took a bath pretty fast.”

Mei Xin blushed from the other’s observation. “But I always bathe fast.” She reasoned out even though she was indeed excited that she would be going out with Luhan as well.

“Mhm~” Chun Hua hummed in a teasing manner as the other laughed awkwardly. “Where do you think they will take us?”

Before Chun Hua could answer, Luhan called on Mei Xin to stop her tracks.

The four of them stood at the lobby door as Luhan tried to check if there were fans waiting outside. Seeing there were very few, he did the go signal and they walked out of the building. Smiling faces were ready for the fans to see as they walked a few more streets and eventually separated into two groups.

As much as people would think Chanyeol as a kid with the body of a man, he can be pretty considerate and much of a gentleman—Chun Hua thought. Her smile reached her eyes when she looked down at their legs as they walked. Chanyeol’s was way longer than hers and she is sure that he can be meters away from her by now with his normal stride. But he kept his pace slow in time with hers which made her really think he is a man.

“What do you want to do today?” Chanyeol asked Chun Hua a bit awkwardly now that the two of them are finally alone again.

Chun Hua looked up in thinking and shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know. You were the one who wanted to go out remember?” She teased.

Chanyeol chuckled. “Haha, yeah. I forgot.”

“Is something wrong? Do you want to go back?”

“No, not at all. I’m just lost so suddenly… I feel so weird.”

Chun Hua studied Chanyeol as they walked side by side. “Hmmm… so today is everyone’s free day?” She decided to change the conversation.

At the question, Chanyeol’s eyes seemed to light up. “Yes.” He nodded his head in further emphasis. “We finally get a little rest before we get busy once again.”

 Chun Hua nodded in understanding. “So that’s why you wanted to do something fun today.”

“Yeah. But I don’t know what.”

Chun Hua hummed as she thought. “You know…” She started after she finally remembered something. “I still haven’t gotten around here yet. Mind touring me around?”

That sparked Chanyeol’s excitement. He started talking about the beach that he went to, the food that he tasted, the places that he really liked and Chun Hua just listened with interest. She has a feeling that today would be really fun and memorable.

The two of them went to wherever Chanyeol thought of going to, Chun Hua appreciated them all. She mentally studied the places that her beloved idol loved to go to so that she can use them for future purposes.

They ate lots of food that Chanyeol ordered for the two of them, took pictures together here and there as well as played on the sand of the beach. Chun Hua sat on the sand feeling tired but couldn’t find herself not smiling for all the things that they are doing today. She loved spending her time for Chanyeol, she thought that seeing him on her computer screen was enough for her back then. But now, she feels that it would never be enough. It is different to spend time with someone in real life than in front of a screen. She mused as she thought of all these things as she watched Chanyeol pick up random shells whenever he sees one. When he finally looked back at Chun Hua, he started to walk his way towards her with a worried expression. Chun Hua on the other hand didn’t notice anything as she was busy feeling blessed that she is with Chanyeol. Her heart fluttered up in the air while her body was on the soft sand.

Chanyeol turned his head to look at Chun Hua a couple of meters away from him. His smile faded when he saw her face. He started walking towards her when she suddenly collapsed on the ground and the other running his way to her.

When Chun Hua awoke, her head feeling very light as if she was having a strong hangover, she sat down and found herself sitting on a sofa in a place she doesn’t know.

“Thank God you’re awake.” A voice that she is too familiar with exclaimed as he went his way towards her, carrying porridge.

“Chanyeol-ah…” Chun Hua’s voice croaked in dryness. “Where are we?”

“In a pension house…” he answered, getting the glass of water on the table nearby. “How are you feeling?”

“Thirsty.” She answered, reaching out for the glass of water as she drank half of its content.

“It’s not that.” Chanyeol used his leg to grab something to sit on near Chun Hua for his hands are full. When he was successful to do so, he started getting a spoonful of porridge and blew on it to cool down.

Chun Hua felt her heart racing when she watched Chanyeol do it and even more when he moved the spoon directing to her. She absently placed her hand on her chest to try to calm her beating heart as she opened to eat the porridge. She was very surprised to taste it very salty and was able to swallow it but coughed out in the end.

“Omo Omo. Are you okay?” He asked in utmost worry. “I’m sorry! This is my first time. Is it too bland?”

Chun Hua continued to cough but was able to shake her head in answer. She wanted to laugh at Chanyeol’s question but decided not to.

“No, no. I’m sorry. I ate too rashly.”

“Is it delicious then?” Chanyeol asked in curiosity with still a hint of worry in his eyes.

“Yes… yes it is.” She said it proudly.

Chanyeol’s face then eased with worry and is now changed with proud. “I’m a genius.”

Chun Hua giggled. “Yeah. Yes you are.” She grinned.

Chanyeol smiled a little. “But you made me worry when you suddenly collapsed.”

Chun Hua’s smile faded and replaced with guilt, she bowed down her head. “I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s okay…” Chanyeol blushed. “Just tell me or something…”

“Okay.”

“Okay.”

For the first time, the two of them didn’t have anything to say. Chanyeol quietly fed Chun Hua and Chun Hua silently ate the whole porridge. It was a bit new for them to be able to feel this way… for Chanyeol to show utmost worry for someone who he just met a couple of months ago… and for Chun Hua who felt very warm with love, knowing that Chanyeol cares for her. It is different now… she thought.