Chapter 17

Finally, A Happy Ever After

I stared blankly at the clear glass window of the company. It's a nice weather today. But everything has been so boring lately. Ever since what happened in Hong Kong, we weren’t able to contact any of the members. I asked Chun Hua if she had but she said she hadn’t. It looks like we both remembered when we woke up the next day what was going on that night even though we were drunk. So, it would most likely that the guys would too. This is an awkward situation.

I sighed deeply and just decided to sit on my desk. It surprised me to feel vibrations from it. Not knowing how, I hurriedly looked from the source and I nearly slapped myself when I found out that it was just my phone. I picked it up and found a message...from Tao.

Meixin-noona~! Good morning~! How have you and Chunhua-noona been? It's been a while~

Should I reply? I thought. Didn’t he see something? Oh wait... My mind unconsciously went back to that day. I think he was sound asleep...with Baekhyun sleeping on him...so...I guess it's okay...I started to type my reply.

Hi Tao. We’re fine, how about you guys?

We’ve been busy...practicing... >< So tired.

You guys are working hard... Rest well soon!

We will! Oh, noona...

Hmm?

We will be filming a one-take music video by tomorrow.

Omo. Really? That’s going to be so cool *-*

Hahaha yeah, but hard as well since it's going to be one take. OTL

*pats* you guys are going to be fine~ We’ll cheer for you~

0.0 really? Will you come to the shooting then?

Uhm... I paused, it surprised me to have him say it... I just meant that we’ll support them spiritually...

Will you? He urged. It's going to be more fun~

I froze. Should we? That would mean seeing them. Tao is just fine, but seeing everyone would just be so... awkward.

Please noona? He texted again.

I’ll ask Chunhua. :)

I hurriedly texted mommy about the situation, what would be her response: would she agree and go or not. I can definitely go since it's my day-off...Mommy, made a quick reply saying she would... well... okay then... I guess it's time to break the ice with them as well...

Sure Tao. We’ll be there. :3 I told him the answer.

Great!!! :D I’ll tell everyone and we’ll pick you guys up in time for the shooting.

I slumped on my seat. Well, this is going to be fun...


“Xin~ Wake up.”

I heard mommy Chun Hua’s voice from the near distance and soon came her light shake on my arm.

“Mmm...” I moaned in protest as I rolled a little away from her touch.

“It is time to wake up, sleepy head.” She said in a lively manner. “It is the day for the filming!”

“What filming?” I groaned. “I don’t have any filming today...”

Chun Hua giggled. “You don’t... but they have~”

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as to who she was referring.

“They...?” I repeated, my eyes still closed.

“Mhm... They. Open your eyes and see for yourself.”

I groaned in curiosity and groggily did as she told. When I opened my heavy eyelids, the first one I saw was mommy herself, grinning in front of me with both hands on her waist. She wasn’t in her bed clothes anymore and was obviously wearing clothes indicating that she is ready to go out somewhere. Her right hand moved away from her waste and her whole arm extended as she pointed at the door which was ajar.

I frowned but rolled on my bed anyway, enough to see what she was pointing at. As I did so, I saw a guy passed by my line of view. My mind slowly registered as to who the guy was and fair enough, it was Tao.

My eyes widened and I unconsciously let out a gasp as reality dawned on me and  I rolled back to my original side a little bit too fast that I nearly fell off the bed. If I wasn’t quick enough to put grab something, I would’ve fell.

“They are here???” I asked incredulously in a whisper.

Chun Hua nodded with an amused look. “They’re waiting.”

I slumped my face on the bed in agony but immediately made my move to get up from the bed to get ready. “Okay okay... I am awake.” I said in a murmur.

“Okay~” Chun Hua chimed. “We’ll be there outside.”


How did it end up like this? I asked myself, a bit frustrated at the situation happening right now in front of me. Luhan is filming a scene with a girl... the thought of it made my heart quench and I unconsciously sighed heavily as a reflex in an attempt to let that feeling out – it didn’t work.

Earlier this morning when we finally joined the guys inside the van, there was an awkward tension between us. As expected, they remembered what happened. I think the only innocent one is Tao among the bunch.

I was very thankful for Suho and Lay to break that tension by talking about their next promotion that will soon come out in the open. It got better from there. With me and Luhan on the other hand... I just couldn’t look at him. If I do, I would just remember what happened last time. I inched closer to Chun Hua for comfort but I know she’s having a rough time as well with Chanyeol. The fact that Chanyeol wasn’t even drunk at the time made her face red like a tomato.

It was good for Chanyeol to be a good companion though; he just can't stay silent that eventually, Chun Hua got comfortable with him once again.

Manager hyung announced that there would be a change of plans because of a certain someone having complications and that instead of filming the music video, they would film the drama for the said music.

Tao whined at the change of events but there was nothing to do about it. And now, here I am, standing at the side – watching Luhan being all lovey dovey with another girl. Of course, I have no right to be jealous or anything... we aren’t even together. Besides, everyone thinks that he and I are related. That fact proved to be spreading like a virus when the girl filming for this MV came up to me as she greeted me, knowing I'm the sister of Luhan.

I was surprised of course—that there is a girl in this drama MV. I would have liked to deny the lie that I am Luhan’s sister but it would’ve caused a riot if it spreads.

“You okay?” Someone asked me from the back. I jumped a little in surprise as I swirled to face the masculine voice behind me. It’s just Kris. It’s just Kris. I told myself for me to calm my beating heart.

“Yes. Yes of course.” I replied.

Kris nodded curtly.

I looked at him more closely. He really looks good with his dark hair – he looks like a rebel. But I think it is perfect for him. With his blonde hair made him look like a prince which is quite appealing too. I sighed unconsciously. What kind of looks that would ever make him ugly? I asked myself curiously but got no answer.

Kris did a light wave indicating that he should go. I just nodded at him with a little smile.

“That sigh though.” Chun Hua murmured beside me.

I looked at her and grinned. She smiled back.

“Are you falling for him?” She asked teasingly.

“What?” I asked astounded. “No.”

Chun Hua giggled. “I was just kidding~”

That made me relax and settled for leaning my back on a wall. We just stood there watching everyone from the sidelines as they get ready to film.

“What do you think the plot is?” Chun Hua voiced out the exact question on my mind.

I sincerely would have liked to have someone spoil me what would happen in this filming. I looked at everyone, but found no one to be very much comfortable to ask.

“I don’t know.” I murmured. “The setting... is....” I tilted my head not knowing what the setting really is.

“Okay! To the field!” The director’s voice boomed all over the place.

Mommy and I met eyes. “Oooo~”

We followed them to the field. The boys were actually very excited that they were all talking so fast that I couldn’t understand them.

“Do you have any idea what they’re saying?” I whispered to mommy’s ear as we silently followed where everyone is going.

Chun Hua shook her head. “No idea at all. All I can hear is...” She began muttering words that could never be understood and I laughed at her silly attitude.

Soon, we arrived at the field. I closed my eyes, feeling the chilly cold air on my skin.

“Woow.” Chun Hua’s eyes widened. “It is cold.” She said as she wrapped her arms around herself as she did a little shiver.

“Have some jackets.” A jacket was put on Chun Hua’s shoulders. It was from manager-noona. She is pretty motherly. She is kind and sweet to everyone. She is like the mother to all especially with EXO. She is wearing a pretty thick jacket herself as she smiled warmly to the both of us. She handed me one too and I thanked her for it.

“Do you know what the boys will be doing here?” Chun Hua asked the manager-noona.

The other nodded. “They will play soccer here. It is cold though. I am worried that they might catch a cold with those measly jackets they are wearing.” She said it as her voice was filled with obvious worry.

I couldn’t help but stare at her. It would be nice if she is related to me. She is so caring and motherly that I feel comfortable with her. I am also jealous of the fact that she is very close to the guys. They go to her like they are her mother that would comfort or scold them whenever.

The manager-noona caught me staring at her and I immediately blushed in embarrassment. But she just smiled and touched my arm. “Why don’t you girls sit by the bench over there?” She pointed at the one near the field. “You will have a good look at how the boys will play.”

“Oh. Okay~” Chun Hua chimed. “But wouldn’t it be filmed though? That spot...”

“Nah~” The manager-noona waved that idea off. “They should be able to do something about it.” She then gave us that mischievous grin as she winked and then walked off.

We walked towards the bench as we sat and watched the guys on the field getting instructions as they stretched for warm ups.

Stretching alone made our eyes twinkle with delight as we watched their bodies form into a fine structure and further emphasis on their arms...

“Ow! That neck!” Chun Hua almost exclaimed it loud and clear if not for the director’s announcement that the filming will start in a minute.

“Whose?” I asked absentmindedly, my eyes fixed on Luhan, Lay and Xiumin.

“Who else?” She squeaked. “Chanyeol of course.”

I couldn’t for a response to that, so I kept silent. After a while. “Oh my gosh, mom.” My eyes closed really tight.

“What what?” Chun Hua’s eyes looked everywhere in the field.

“That ...” I whispered.

Chun Hua immediately caught what I was talking about. Xiumin’s bottom got accentuated as he bent low 90 degrees. His sports shorts – that devil shorts. I feel very hot seeing those round buns of his. Now I could never see Xiumin as innocent as he was in my eyes.

Warm blushes crept out on my face and I fanned myself, getting teary eyed on the dirty thought running inside my head.

“The hot damn~” Chun Hua muttered excitedly and I opened my eyes as soon as I calmed down a little. She then clicked her tongue. “Of course, my Chanyeol is way hotter than him.”

I laughed. “Of course.” I agreed. My Luhan as well.

Soon, as to our dismay, the guys are already done with their warm ups and immediately started playing soccer. It was a great sight for them to play that game. They look very young and free when they play soccer. I was also amazed on how Luhan played. I knew he was good in soccer because everyone I know back in China says so... but I never saw him play. Now I know that he is amazingly good at it like they said. To add that, he also enjoys himself. I can see he is having fun regardless if they are filming or not. His smile never faded as he played the game.

When the game came to an end because the director said so, they were all sweating a little. I expected more sweat but I gaze the cold weather already dried them even before they came out. The staff immediately rushed in to them to change.

Chun Hua clapped her hands for a job well done for the boys as they passed by.

The change was almost so long that I slowly nodded off but poked awake by Chun Hua the moment they went out in school uniforms. And wow. They really look perfect with it. Back in school, there is rarely anyone who would look hot with school uniforms. But of course, they didn’t have stylish hairs and make up to make their face perfect. I stared at Luhan as he went out of the dressing room. He wore the jacket but more importantly, 2 of his upper buttons were open. “So hot.” I murmured. His blonde hair was up as well that made him look so manly.

“I know right?” Chun Hua gasped for breath. I know that she’s staring at Chanyeol and I curiously looked at him as well in time for him to jump his way to another shorter member and them almost losing their balance.

“Pfff. Derp.” Chun Hua muttered, amused at Chanyeol’s actions.

By that time the set was already done. It's a typical classroom and that they started filming as soon as possible. It turns out that Luhan is the exchange student in this plot, he is beside the teacher’s desk, the teacher introducing him to the class. My eyes scanned the class to find where Luhan will be seated. There is always an empty seat when someone new comes in. There is nothing at the very back in which I was taken aback a little because usually, there should be an empty seat there. My eyes spotted an empty seat by the center... beside the girl.

I gasped in for breath when a realization hit me. Luhan is the main guy in this drama.

“Hm?” Chun Hua tilted her head in question.

“Mommy. Mommy.” I shook her lightly.

“What? What is it?” She questioned.

“Mommy... Luhan is the main guy in this drama.”

“Whaaaat?” She asked exasperated. “That's good isn’t it?” She voiced her thoughts after a while.

“No it's not.” My eyes closed tightly in frustration. “I mean...for me it isn’t.” I corrected myself. “Mommy. See that girl?” I pointed to the girl on with the empty seat beside her.

“Yeah...?”

“I have a good feeling that she is the main girl.”

“Why do you say that?”

“She's the one who greeted us earlier right?”

“The only one. Yeah.” She nodded. “Oh... riiighhht...”

I frowned. “I can't stand this...” I began pacing in front of Chun Hua. “They will surely be some skinship scenes... and...” Incoherent words immediately started flowing out of my mouth.

“You want to leave?”

“No!” I answered immediately. “Oh wait...” I took it back, confused. My mind is full of contradicting thoughts right now. The masochistic side of me wanted to watch this filming until the end. I am already pretty problematic as it is at the moment, only finding out that there would be scenes with Luhan and the girl.

I held my head on both hands.

“Ready~” The director’s voice boomed again. “ACTION!”

For some reason, my head shot up to see the scene playing before me. Everything didn’t matter but the scene. Luhan being introduced by the teacher as he stared in front of the class. He eyed the empty seat and the girl next. The girl looked away but when he sat down, the girl turned her head to him and he turned as well. Their eyes met.

“Xin! Xin!” Chun Hua shook me. “Breathe!”

“Huh? What?” I asked, breaking from the view in front of me and looked at Chun Hua standing at my side.

Chun Hua frowned at me. “You were barely breathing.”

“I was?”

“Come on. Let’s go.” Chun Hua took hold of my hand and dragged me away from the scene.

“Where are we going?” I asked, still barely conscious as to what is happening.

“Away from here.”

“Oh. Okay.” I agreed lightly. “But shouldn’t we tell someone first?”

“Right. Right.” She muttered. Her eyes scanned for the set and found the manager-noona. She dragged me with her as we approached her and told her that we will be leaving.

“Where are you going?” The manager asked.

“Somewhere.” Chun Hua chimed. “We’ll go out to have some coffee. Is that alright?”

“Yes of course.” The manager immediately agreed. Her eyes focused on mine and I gave her a light smile. “Are you okay? You seem a little pale.”

“Ah~” was all I can say.

“She’s pretty out of it but she’s fine. Just needs coffee.” Chun Hua was the one who replied.

“Oh okay.” The manager nodded. “You girls take care.”

As soon as we were done, we got out of the place without anyone noticing. Or so we thought.


We resided inside a nearby cafe. It was pretty comfortable and homey. The customers are pretty free to doodle their thoughts on a small piece of paper and paste them on the wall.

“Are you okay now?” Chun Hua asked after a while of silence.

I sipped my coffee and nodded as an answer. “Yeah...”

“You went a little psychotic back there.” She teased. “Should I run you a psych test?”

I laughed. “Mommy~” I whined. “You think I'm already psychotic because of that?”

Chun Hua giggled, covering . “keukeukeu. I'm just kidding~”

I grinned. I'm alright now, but I can't really say anything. It appears that mommy doesn’t have anything as well.

“Today was tiring...” I said, my shoulders slumped.

Chun Hua nodded. “Yeah... It was fun though~” She said a matter of factly. “We got to enjoy the parts where they stretched and their game as well.”

“Hahaha. Yeah. That was another side of them.” I agreed sipping my coffee once again.

We stayed like that for some time. We really didn’t know what to do or what to say anymore. Today was much of a blast. Our silence broke when my phone rang. I fished for my phone and the caller sent alarm on me.

“What's wrong?” Mom asked.

“It's him.”

Chun Hua’s eyes widened. “They shouldn’t be done so soon... would they?”

“I don’t know~” I shook my head fervently. “What do I do?”

“... Answer it.”

I stared at her and did as she told me.

“Hello?” I asked, my ear on the phone.

“Hey. Where are you guys?” Luhan’s asked from the other line.

“Uhhh...” I looked up. “I don’t know...” I lied. “Some cafe?”

“You girls okay?”

“Yeah.” I answered immediately. “Of course we are. Why wouldn’t we be?”

“Nothing.” Luhan said curtly. “Tao wants to talk to you.”

“Oh...”

“Noona~!” Tao’s voice replaced Luhan’s.

“Tao~” I mimicked his tone.

“Noona, did you guys go for coffee? Manager-noona said you guys did.”

“Haha. Yeah we did.”

“Noona, no fair. I want coffee too...” I can already see Tao pouting with this.

I smirked at the thought. “Sorry Tao.”

“Will you guys come back here?”

“Uhhh... I don’t know... I don’t think we can find our way back there.”

“Awww... okay. You guys take care then. We are already up for another scene.”

“Okay~” I agreed. “Good luck.”

Then the line was cut off. I sighed.

“Good job~” Chun Hua clapped her hands. “You handled it well.”

“Haha. Yeah. Thanks mom... I hope it is the end of that.”

The rest of the day turned out to be a bonding moment for me and Chun Hua. Since we didn’t really know what to do or what to talk about, we settled for watching a movie in a mall. It was more fun that way. The fact that we are also recognized by some people we don’t know as relatives of Luhan is quite normal now since we got used to it. We already went in hiding long enough for the fans to settle down their craze for us. Now it's just them staring and murmuring but never really approaching.

After the movie, we had to go home because mommy had to get ready for her class in med school. She has another incoming test and she needs to review her lessons. I stayed in my room, sleeping until dinner time. We had spaghetti cooked by Chun Hua.

“You really followed your family’s recipe mom~” I pointed out.

“Hihi. Of course. I love it.”

I nodded as I ate my share of the spaghetti. I can only agree.

When we were done, I told her. “Leave it. I’ll handle this. You go to school~”

“Okay. Thanks Xin.” She smiled and grabbed her things and made her way to the door.  As she opened the door, someone caught her eye. “Oh... Luhan.”

I stopped on my tracks. I nearly lost my hold on the plates. Chun Hua turned her head to me and gave me a questioning look.

I shrugged at her and immediately went to the kitchen to put the plates on the sink.

I heard Chun Hua telling Luhan to come in and my heart raced.

“Med school?” Luhan asked Chun Hua.

“Yeap. Bye~” She said in a hurry the door slammed shut a little louder than normal.

After a moment of silence, Luhan called out. “Xin?”

“Hmm?” I asked, I am not confident to say anything because my voice feels so tight.

But I guess it was enough for him because soon, I can see him in the kitchen as I busily washed the plates.

“Hey.” He greeted.

“Hi~ How was filming?” I asked awkwardly.

“It was fine.”

“That’s good.” I nodded, placing the washed plate on top of  the other cleaned ones.

“Can I help you with that?”

“No. It's fine.” I refused but nonetheless, I felt his presence coming nearer to me and soon settled on my side with the cleaned dishes. He got a clean towel and started drying the plates.

Silence enveloped us for quite some time that I got used to it... and so, when he finally spoke, I couldn’t help but flinch.

“You’re pretty out of it today, what's wrong?”

“Nothing...”

“...” his silence while he was drying the dishes is more eerie than normal I got worried. So, I added...

“It’s just that... I'm not really well...” I murmured the bad lie. Ashamed, I looked down even more to hide my face. I froze when I felt a hand on my forehead. His hands are cold... but it's comfortable for some reason... I got confused.

“Hmm...” he hummed. “you seem to be alright now compared to earlier.”

“Earlier?” I asked, puzzled. What does he mean?

“Yeah. I saw you leave earlier.”

I froze at the mention. Did he see us? Did he see everything that had happened? That's impossible... right? He was busy...

“The important thing is that you’re alright now.”

“Right..” I agreed stiffly.

I finished washing the last dish and immediately cleaned the counter. After everything was clean, I heard him murmur my name. As I was going to enter my room.

“Xin?”

I turned around to face him and was taken aback by what I saw from his face. For a second, I saw a hint of loneliness... his eyes were sad. He seemed like a lost dog. “...hm?” I finally manage to ask.

He didn’t say anything immediately. He seemed to be contemplating about it and so, I patiently waited for whatever he’s about to say. When finally...

”Can I stay here?”

My world froze at the question. Or is it me that is stoned? I couldn’t feel anything but pure surprise. “...what?”

“Ah. Don’t mind. Don’t mind.” he waved both his hands as if to wave off the idea, looking away and walking to the door.

“Wait... what?” I asked puzzled at the same time, shaken by the fact that he didn’t say what he said the first time. “You can stay here you know....” I blurted out involuntarily... even I, was surprised... I saw him turn his head to look at me. “I mean...” I blushed. “This is yours to begin with...” I murmured. “You can stay here anytime you want.”

“Thanks, Xin...” he walked away from the door now which made me relieved for some reason. Do I still like him this much? “but I just want to stay here for tonight...”

“Oh okay...” I nodded. “I’ll just get ready and .. such...” I said awkwardly. “And I’ll sleep on the sofa.”

“What?” He asked, his voice alarmed which made me stare at him. “No, you sleep on the bed. I’ll sleep on the sofa.”

“No, you shouldn’t.” I contradicted, shaking my head and my voice got stern. “You’re already cold and the living room is cold.”

“But it doesn’t mean that you should sleep in it.” He countered.

“Ah... aigoo...” I rubbed my temple with my right hand.

“Let’s just sleep together again then.” He suggested.

On normal circumstances, I would have screamed with joy. But right now, I don’t even have any energy to do that in my head. “Okay.” I agreed, blushing at the thought. I turned away from him in time for him not to see it and walked my way to the room to take a bath. It was pure torture. My heart was beating so fast with anticipation for nothing. I know that he wouldn’t do anything, but I just can't help but get excited on the fact that we’re sleeping together. This is not the first time but...

“Xin?”

I was removed from my thoughts. “Ah...? sorry.” I hurriedly brushed my hair and opened the door, all dressed in my jammies. “Do you have to...” My words got cut off when I saw him wearing a wife beater and boxer shorts. His arms are bare and there I noticed how it can be pretty muscular even though he is slim. My eyes seemed to have been stuck there until he moved a little. “don’t need the bathroom?” I asked a pretty obvious question.

“Nope... I used the other one by the living room.” He answered. “Just checking if you have fallen asleep or something.”

I frowned at his words. “I don’t fall asleep everywhere.” I muttered.

“Well, you could be.” He countered. “How would I know...”

“Yeah yeah...” I said, to shut him up. I walked my way to the bed, pulled the covers and threw some pillows on the middle of the bed. “Same rules apply.”

“Pff... that rule was broken from the first time.” he smirked.

“What?” I asked, confused.

“Nothing~” he chimed and moved to his side of the bed and lay on it.

I did the same awkwardly as I had my back on the bed. I can feel his eyes staring at me. From there, I already knew that he was on his side.

“What?” I turned to look at him only to find out I was indeed, correct. His arm supported his head and he wore that smirk on his face that I both hate and love.

“Nothing.” He slowly shook his head. His head then dropped to the pillow and said, “Night Xin.”, then turned his back from me.

I frowned at his back. “Night.” I murmured and moved to turn my back on his as well.

I wasn’t able to fall asleep immediately. The mere existence of him near me, excites the hell out of me. I want to move closer to him, feel his warmth but I had to have huge fight with myself until my side won. I don’t dare to inch closer to him. Despite that, I couldn’t sleep. My thoughts reeled from this morning to Luhan’s sad face and now. I wondered why he wanted to stay here... I wondered why his face showed loneliness for a mere second... I wondered why I am like this now, wanting to sleep but couldn’t because of anticipation for nothing. I wonder if he asleep now... all those wonders didn’t have answers. Until I myself fell asleep from utmost exhaustion for the day.



Heya guys~ I'm back! I think //bricked.

Anyway, wow~I've been writing this chapter since forever. I am so happy I finally finished it. Meixin had a lot of surprises here in her hands... poor her. Hang in there , Xin~

At least you get to sleep with Luhan in the end <.<  >.>

//author-nim is jellly. forever alone in bed.

This chapter was also very awkward for everyone OTL

they had to remember what happened back at hong kong ;~;

whyyyyy????

Why? I dont know. XD I just write 8D

bye guys...//flees~