ONE: Jessica POV

[ONE-SHOT] My Beautiful Hangover
Bittersweet.
That's what she felt at that moment. Seeing one of her best friends so happy because her one time unrequited love is now her true love.
Don't. Don't go there. She told herself desperately. 
 
Seeing TaeYeon and her cousin oppa Onew together so in love made her heart ache for someone. 
 
Today is the couple's engagement party.
 
"Jessie? Are you okay?" Tiffany asked her with worried expression.
 
"Yes. I'm alright." She smiled to her friend but she can't look straight at her. She choose to look at her surroundings. Observing everyone.
 
She smiled when saw YuRi and TaeYang being their flirty selves. Unshamely flirting with each other though they've been together almost two years now. 
 
"So much love in the air." Sunny suddenly commented.
 
"What's with the sarcasm, girl?" Tiffany asked with a laugh.
 
"It's not." Sunny said with a snort.
 
That made them laugh. Since their college days, Sunny is not a fan of romance. While Tiffany on the other hand is a hopeless romantic.
 
"If you say so." Tiffany said in an amused tone. "Hey, who do think will be next?" She suddenly asked.
 
"Next to what?" YuRi asked.
 
"Next to be engage in the group." Tiffany answered.
 
She wanted to groan at Tiffany's question. She just shrugged when Tiffany look at her.
 
"I just hope that my prince will find me and then sweep me off my feet!" Tiffany said with impish smile.
 
"Girl, you got it bad." Sunny said while raising her eyebrow.
 
And then their argument began. It's always that way. With this two in opposite side of romance will always result this. It's a sight to see.
 
She vaguely heard TaeYang answering his phone. She don't want to eavesdrop but she can't help it when TaeYang said the name of the caller.
 
The discussion in their table continues but her brain is wandering somewhere. Some place that she should go but she can't help. That place was her sanctuary every time she felt so alone.
 
After the party, she went home to her place. She choose to not stay with her folks. Because it'll be hard for her to hide what she's feeling. Loneliness becomes her company these past few years. 
 
She took a deep breath. Then her doorbell rings. Who could it be? She didn't expect someone at this late hour.
 
She walked towards her door and open it without thinking. 
 
"Hi."
 
Her heart went overdrive. Memories of them together came back to her flowing like a dam of water.