CHAPTER FOUR: THE FEELINGS

THE MOMENT I KNEW

 

Krystal started to date the handsome boy in their math class, Taemin. The reason why she started dating him is to avoid being with Sulli all the time. Because she needed to.

Her feelings for Sulli is just getting stronger and deeper more than ever. Its crazy too that she thinks, she might slowly falling in love with her best friend. Yeah, there were rumors that they are lesbians, and Krystal thinks that news is getting real now because of her damn feelings that she can’t even control.

How it’s hard for her to control herself whenever Sulli is near. She can’t fight the feelings of cuddling with her, hold her hand or even kiss her cheeks. Her attraction for her is getting stronger and it’s already getting crazy. That’s why she just make her self busy for dating some other guy, so her addiction for Sulli might go away somehow.

But because of that, Sulli noticed that their time together is getting lesser now. She always pouts her lips and then she demands more time with her. But Krystal always making an excuse that she and Taemin had a date that’s why she can’t be with her anymore now.

Even it’s hard for Krystal, she needed to. She thinks that is the right thing to do. Less time with Sulli and more time with Taemin. Yeah. That’s right.

 

“Krystal~” she heard Sulli’s voice while she’s reading some book in the school library, then she feel her  long arms wrap around her body. She look at her. Sulli is pouting and Krystal’s heart started to melt. How can anyone resist the cuteness of this girl? Aigooo…she need to stay away a bit, that’s why is put away her arms around her.

“H-hey, what are you doing here?” she ask her while avoiding her best friend’s gaze. She keeps on looking at the book she’s holding. She goes alone in the school library to research some of their assignments. She didn’t ask Sulli to go with her because she knows, she’s not going to concentrate whenever she’s around.

But, here she is now. Krystal doesn’t even know how she found her.

“Me? You’re asking me why I’m here? Aissshhh, Krystal~ of course, to be with you!” Sulli’s loud voice echoed in the quite library.

“Y-yah! Keep quite! You’re so noisy!” Krystal said whispering. If the librarian heard Sulli’s loud voice, for sure, the librarian’s going to dismiss them outside and she won’t have time to research some of her assignments.

Sulli lowering her voice. “Okay-okay.” Then she sits down beside her in the empty seats.

“How did you found me?”

“I asked some of your classmate, then they said that maybe you were in the library searching for your assignments, so I did go here. And luckily I found you.” Then Sulli pouts again. “Why you didn’t even ask me to go with you?”

Krystal sigh. “You found me here reading, right? So that means, I’m busy.”

“Busy enough to even forget me?” she felt the hurt in her voice. Krystal feels some stinging in her heart. tttt…she started to feel guilty.

“You know what, Krystal. It feels like, you’re starting to avoid me…”

Now, she don’t know what to say or do because it is true. She’s avoiding her best friend because of her ing feelings for her. And she can’t tell her the truth. Because maybe it can ruin their friendship. But now, the way she’s avoiding her, maybe it is the same thing round ruining their friendship too.

“Krystal…” she almost jump when Sulli touch her face. “Will you look at me?”

“W-what?”

Their eyes met.

Aigoooooooooo! Every time I’m looking into those smiley eyes, I’m starting to fall deeper and deeper. Ughhhhh…it’s so hard….

“Now tell me, are you avoiding me?”

“I-I…”

Krystal looks away. “Is this kind of a joke? Why I’m going to avoid you? For what?”

“That question is for me to ask you.”

“I’m not avoiding you, okay? I’m just busy.”

Then she keeps her eyes on the book In her hands. She can’t focus on reading, of course. But that’s the only thing she can do to avoid Sulli’s eyes.

“You’re lying. I know you, Krystal. Why are you like this? You don’t even have time for me anymore.”

Krystal’s lips press together. How can’t Sulli just leave her alone so she won’t lie to her anymore?

“I said, I’m just busy. Why can’t you understand that?”

“Understand? Why, did you even-“

“Can you just leave me alone, Choi Sulli? I don’t have time to argue with you.”

Sulli didn’t say anything. She just look at her with the hurt expression in her face. Then she storm away from library leaving her alone with those empty seats.

 

*****

 

After that argument in the library, Sulli and Krystal didn’t talk with each other for a week. Krystal think that’s a good excuse, because means, more dating time with Taemin. And guess what? She’s starting to like the boy. Her lovelife becomes more colorful now but her friendship with Sulli is starting to fall apart.

But there were time when she saw her on the hallway chattering with some of her classmates. Of course, it hurts Krystal. Because she missed being with her. But she just can’t take up her pride because she is feeling guilty towards her.

She can’t able to take her courage and just go on talk to her because she is feeling guilty of pushing her away from her. Krystal know she is wrong. But…at the same time, scared…scared of knowing if Sulli didn’t want her anymore because of her being insensitive and selfish towards her.

“Baby? Baby~”

Krystal almost jump and saw Taemin beside her. They were inside the coffee shop that Sunday afternoon. He asked her to go with him and she insisted because she don’t have anything to do in their house for the rest of the day and if she just lied inside in her bedroom, for sure, Sulli will going to run on her mind over and over again.

“O-oh?”

“You’re spacing out. What’s on your mind?”

“A-ahh…nothing. Just some random things.”

“Really?”

“Y-yeah.”

Taemin smiled at her. Then he brush her hair out of her face. Krystal just look at him. Yeah, Taemin is a handsome boy. And she likes him. She likes his good personality. But why every time he is touching her, she won’t even feel a tiny spark between them?

She’s trying so hard to find that certain connection that will connect both of them but why Krystal can’t find that? It is because, that connection is not there? And it is with some other person?

Krystal’s thoughts fly away again. Yeah, she knows where she can find that certain connection and a colorful spark. She can feel all that towards a person named, Choi Sulli.

She remembered every spark whenever their skins touch together. The good sensation she feels whenever she’s looking into her eyes. The way she whispered in her ears just to get closer. And the way she kissed her tears whenever she’s crying. All those moments with her, she was a hundred percent sure that there was a connection between them.

“Krystal?”

There was Taemin’s voice again. Oh, she almost forgot she was beside him. Ugh.

“O-oh?”

“What’s wrong with you?” Taemin’s voice cold down.

Krystal takes a sip on her coffee cup. “Nothing.” Now, everything’s clearer to her now. That whatever she do to forget her feelings for Sulli, it will always come around and make her feel it because it is there. And when you feel that kind of love towards a person, no one can stop it even yourself because love is such a powerful thing.

You can’t ignore it because in the end, the one who will be hurt the most is yourself.

“I think, I gotta go.” Krystal stand up.

“H-huh? Why?” Taemin’s angry voice shot at her.

“I had something important to do.”

“And what is that?”

“It’s not for you to know.”

 

Then she walk away from him. And Krystal finally decided that she’s going to confess her feelings now to Sulli. It is now or never.