CHAPTER THREE: BEST FRIENDS

THE MOMENT I KNEW

 

Sulli and Krystal become close and inseparable. That year too, Sulli transfered from her school and they become classmate in one of Krystal’s subject. They always sit together at lunch. Even walk to school together and walks home together.

If they have projects, they will always come at each other’s houses and do it together. The whole year becomes like that for them.

Their neighbors and classmates started to joke about them that they are so in love with each other that’s why they are inseparable. They just laugh about it and ignore that stupid lesbian joke.

Of course, that’s not true but it looks like Sulli wants to tease the other people for thinking gay things about them. Sulli always told them, “Yeah, she’s my girlfriend. What’s wrong with that?”  She looks like so serious for a second then she’s going to laugh out loud after that, which, disappoints Krystal.

She don’t know why. But she just like the fact that Sulli called her, her ‘girlfriend’. It sounds so sweet and so right. Makes her feel all giddy inside. But, she knows, Sulli just want to jokes around about this, ‘lesbian’ joke about them.

“Hey, can you just stop joking about this whole ‘girlfriend’ thing about us?” Krystal annoyed, say to Sulli one afternoon in their lunch time.

They ordered same ham and egg sandwich and two mango juice. Sulli started to munch her sandwich and grin at her. “Why?”

“It annoys me.” And Krystal takes a bite too.

“Oh, really? As if I don’t know that you like me calling you my ~girlfriend~.

Krystal froze. Yeah, just as usual, Sulli can totally read her mind now. Or is she that obvious whenever she feel giddy towards her? But, she won’t gonna tell her the truth. Sulli will just laugh at her! No way.

“Nah. Shut up. Me? Like to be called your ~girlfriend? No way, Sulli-ah. You’re just imagining impossible things.”

Sulli laugh at her. “Really? Then, why are you blushing again? I noticed that every time I say something about you being my girlfriend, you’re always blushing like a tomato!~ “

“I’m not!” Krystal felt embarrassed. She almost munch her whole sandwich because of embarrassment. Aissshhhh, why Sulli always teased me like this?

“Aigoooo~ don’t deny it, Krystal~.” Then Sulli pinch her cheeks. “You’re so cute~.”

“Aissshh!”

“He-he~.”  Sulli giggles and stare at her face. Krystal can feel her face burning.

“Y-yah! W-why are you looking at me? Stop it-“ She hold Sulli’s face and make her to look at another way.

“Aissshh! Honestly, Krystal. I just wanted to look at your face. What’s so wrong about it?” she teases her again. And keep staring at her face.

“If you don’t stop it, I’m leaving you here.” She said with the angry tone in her voice.

“Tshh. I’m just messing with you~.” Sulli softly said, tilting her head down.

“Why you always do that? You’re embarrassing me.”

“Okay. Okay. I’m sorry. Why you’re always highblood? It’s not like, I’m doing something bad at you. I’m just joking around.”

“Yeah. Right. You can joke at anything, just don’t make fun of me!”

“It’s not like that-“

“Yeah, it is!”

The other students in the cafeteria started to heard Sulli and Krystal’s little argument because their voices starting to raise up. Looks like the two most beautiful ladies in their school has a disagreement over some thing.

“It’s not. You should take a joke sometime-“

“Okay. I’m leaving now.”

Krystal quickly stand up from the table and walk away from Sulli. Leaving Sulli quite shock but came after her anyways.

All the eyes are into them now. And there’s whispering everywhere.

“There’s a rumor that they are lesbians.”

“Yeah, I’ve heard that too.”

“Maybe they had an LQ.”

“Lovers Quarrel? No way.”

“Yes, way.”

“You think that rumored going around is true?”

“Maybe? Well, nothing’s impossible.”

 

*****

Sulli walks after Krystal. And when they arrive at a dessert corridor she pull her arms and make her face her. “Yah! What’s your problem?”

“Can you leave me alone for now?” Krystal shot at her.

“No. I don’t want someone who walks away from me just like that.” Sulli shot at her too.

“I’m not in the mood to talk.” Krystal turns her back at her but didn’t leave this time.

“Why not? I didn’t do anything to you.”

“Didn’t do anything?” Krystal looks at her again. “But you always make fun of me. And I hate that. I hate the feeling of someone’s laughing at me.”

“Hah!” Sulli breathes out. “Laughing at you? It’s not like that! I’m just teasing you. And that’s not the same thing as making fun of you.”

Krystal didn’t answer. She looks away.

“I’m sorry, okay?”

“Whatever. I’m not in the mood to talk.”

“What do you want me to do?” Sulli asked her feel irritated.

“Just leave me alone for now.”

“Then, what? If I leave you alone, you will get more angry at me?”

“No.”

“Are you sure?”

Krystal has no answer again. Sulli look at her for a moment then said, “Okay, if that’s what you want. I guess, I’ll just see you later.”

Then she turn her back and walk away. From the moment she’s gone. Krystal sigh. Heavy.

 

*****

 

After class, Sulli finds Krystal because she wanted to say sorry to her for teasing her earlier. She knows, she doesn’t want to get teased but she just can’t help it. She likes it every time Krystal’s face blushed. She looks so cute, and she feel like kissing her cheeks but she can’t tell her that, she knows that she will just get more embarrassed by her.

But Sulli was too late because she finds Krystal’s classroom abandoned. Her professor said that they just got home much earlier today because of meetings. So, Sulli just walk home alone.

While walking home, she’s now memorizing some apologizing lines for Krystal. She keeps murmuring in her breath that’s why the other people who sees her thought she’s gone crazy for talking with herself.

When she arrived at home, Sulli didn’t bothered herself for changing into normal clothes. She’s still in her uniform when she press the door bell at the Jung’s house.

Krystal’s sister, Jessica open it for her and she lets her in.

“Oh~ Sulli-ah. How are you?”

“Not so fine, unnie.” Sulli pouts. “Me and Krystal just had a fight.”

“Oh~ so that’s why she’s not in a good mood when she arrive here.”

“She’s still not in the mood?”

“Yeah, that’s what her face looks like.”

“Oh,” Sulli feel down. "I think, I’ll just come back later. Maybe, she’s still angry at me.”

“No. Go upstairs. And talk to her.” Jessica insisted her.

“But, what if she just let me go again?”

“No. It will be good if you just go and talk to her.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, come on.”

Jessica pull her by the arm and both of them go upstairs. This is not the first time she gets in Krystal’s bedroom. She goes in there many times whenever they have a project or she just want to have a sleep over.

They’re now in front of Krystal’s bedroom. Jessica knocks three times. “Krystal! Open the door~.”

“Wae?” Krystal answer from the inside but she’s still not opening it.

“I’m giving you something~” Jessica joke because she knew if Krystal knew that Sulli was there, she won’t gonna open the door.

“What’re you giving me?”

“Aisshh. Just open the door!”

And Krystal opens the door. She saw Sulli. Their eyes met. The moment she saw her, she immediately closing the door but Jessica quickly push the door so Sulli can let it. Which, Sulli take advantage off and she almost jump into Krystal. And when she’s finally inside, they heard a loud click. Jessica just lock them from the outside. Sulli silently saying thanks to Jessica unnie.

“What the hell was that all about?!” Krystal shouts and she tries to open the door but it was locked. “You’re gonna pay for this Jessica Jung!”

Oh-oh. Looks like the scorpion ready to sting somebody anytime now…. Krystal looks at her.

“H-hi~” Sulli awkwardly wave at Krystal.

Krystal’s eyes burning up. And she’s breathing hard. She looks so angry.

“What are you doing here?”

“I-I…”

“I told you earlier to leave me alone, right?!”

“Y-yeah-“

“So, why are you here?!”

Sulli can’t look into Krystal’s eyes because she look so scary now. Sulli looks like a scared puppy tilting her head down while looking at the floor.

“I-I just wanted to talk to you~.”

“I also remember saying to you that I’m not in the mood to talk, right?!”

Sulli don’t know what to say now. She doesn’t have the guts to say anything now or move from where she is. Aisssh. If Jessica unnie just didn’t locked them in, she would leave immediately.

Krystal didn’t say anything too. You can just hear, her hard breathings.

“Stay away from my bed.”

“O-okay~”

Sulli stand up and go into the corner of the room.

Krystal lies in to her bed. And close her eyes. “Don’t make any noise. I’m going to sleep.”

She just stare at her. What she’s going to do now? Just stand up there? But she goes here to say sorry to her!

“K-krystal~” she call her. But no answer. So Sulli walk near her. “H-hey~”

Krystal open her eyes. “What? I said, no noise, right?”

This time, Sulli’s spirit rise up. “Krystal, can we talk, please?~”

“There’s no need to talk about.”

“Krystalllll~ Pleaseeeeee~”

Then Sulli jump into Krystal in the bed and hug her tight, like a teddy bear. “Ummmmm~”

“Y-yah!” Krystal lightly punch her. “S-stay away from me-“

But Sulli hold her more tight. Her head’s now resting on Krystal’s shoulder, smelling it. “Krystal~ I’m so sorry earlier. Forgive me, please?~”

“I said, stop it!”

“Krystalllllllllllll~” Sulli tilt her head around to look at her sadly. “I’m sorry~” pouts her lips. Who can resist this cute beautiful face?

“Stop pulling your aigoo to me, I won’t fall for that. “ Krystal look away from Sulli because she’s melting again into her cuteness.

“Pleasssse? Pretty please? I’m sorry~”

And Sulli quickly kissed Krystal’s cheeks because she just can’t help it when they were that so closed to each other.

Krystal’s cheeks blushed and she looks at her. “Wha?”

Sulli smile sweetly. Looks like, Krystal softening again. “I’m sorry, Krystal-baby. Forgive me~.”

Krystal gaze at her for a moment. Their eyes stare at each other for awhile. Then, Krystal’s future soften for her. “Okay~”

Sulli’s smile become wider. “You’re not angry at me anymore?.”

“Yeah.”

“Yessssss!~”

Sulli’s can’t help but kissed Krystal again. “Um-muah!~”

“Hey, hey. You already kissed me twice!” Krystal blushing crazily.

“So?~”

“So, I think, I need to kiss you too!~”

Then she felt Krystal’s soft lips on her cheeks. Sulli’s hair stand on the back. She feel stiffen by her kissed. What was that all about?

“Wow~ that escalated quickly.” Sulli joke to brush of the weird feeling.

Krystal finally smiles. “I just can’t resist you~”

“Really?~”

“Yeah~”

Their eyes met again. It’s like, they talking using their eyes.

Sulli smiled and said, “Best friend forever?”

Krystal nodded and smile at her. “Yeah. Bestfriend forever~”

 

Then, they hug tightly under the huge blankets.