CHAPTER ONE: THE JUNG'S AND THE CHOI'S

THE MOMENT I KNEW

 

“Mom, who’s moving in from the house next door?” the 18 year old Krystal asked her mother while Mrs. Jung was busy preparing a lasagna from the kitchen.

She was peeking outside from their window where she can take a good look from the house next door. There was a big truck in front of the next house, and three old guys were busy carrying all the appliances inside from that house. And there was a blue van, where Krystal thinks, their new neighborhood were still inside it.

“Oh, it was the Choi’s. I’ve heard that they’re pretty rich according from our old neighbors. I’m not gossiping from them, they just told me that. And now, I’m making a lasagna to give to them as a welcoming gift.”

Krystal look to her mom. “Don’t tell me, mom, you’re making friends with them just because you knew they’re rich?”

“Oh, no. Of course not. They are our new neighbors, so I think it will be good to make them feel at ease towards us if I give them a welcoming gift.” Mrs. Jung said.

“Yeah. I thought you’re making a lasagna for us, mom. I’m kinda hoping I can eat that later anyway.” Krystal laugh.

“I can still make some for you and for the new neighbors.”

“Hehe~ thanks, mom. You’re lasagna is the best. I knew our new neighbor will gonna like it.”

Then Krystal look again outside the window. This time, she saw a woman as same age as her mom standing in front of the next house. She’s talking in one of the old guys who’s carrying  the appliances and looks like she’s instructing them where to put all the things inside the house.

Krystal’s eyes turn to look from the blue van when she noticed that there’s a tall girl who got out from it.

The tall girl is wearing a blue navy dress with a jacket jeans and a peach rubber shoes. Her black hair is in a ponytail. Krystal thinks that her get up is so cute.

The tall girl turn to look around from the new surrounding around her. Eyeing every house she sees and then she turn to look around to the Jung’s house, and Krystal saw the girl’s face. Her jaw drop. The new girl looks like an angel. Her face is so beautiful and her skin was glowing under the sun.

“Omo~ is so cute….” Krystal quietly told herself.

Suddenly, the girl’s eyes found where Krystal is peeking from the window. The girl look at her for a moment and Krystal almost jump from nervousness. She immediately duck under the window so the girl won’t see her anymore.

“Aiggooo! Does she see me? Aisssh,  so embarrassing!”

“Hey, what are you doing, Krystal?” her mom noticed her ducking under the window. Krystal felt more embarrassed.

 

“Uh, uh…nothing, mom. I-I’m just going to my room.” Then she walk tilting her head down and quickly go upstairs. Her mom just look at her weirdly. “Aigoo~ that child, really.”

 

*****

 

Mrs. Jung asked her daughters, Krystal and Jessica to go with her because she’s now giving the lasagna she  baked for the Choi’s. She wanted her two daughters to have a good manners in welcoming the new comers in town.

Meanwhile, Krystal’s nervousness was now in full mode. She keeps on fidgeting and find hards to breath because she’s now going face to face with the tall girl who she makes eye contact earlier.

“Hey, what’s wrong with you?” her sister Jessica even noticed that she’s uncomfortable.

“Uh…”  before she could say anything, the front door of the Choi’s burst up in front of them after her mom pressed the door bell.

Mrs. Choi’s face peek from the door then open it widely for them. “Annyeong. How can I help you?” she asked them warmly.

Krystal’s mother smiled and politely replied, “Annyeong haseyo! We’re the Jung’s.We just lived by the house next door. I heard we have a new neighbors, so we’ve decided to give you a welcoming gift. Here-“ then her mother give the plastic foil where the lasagna lies inside it.

“Oh, thank you!’ Mrs. Choi smile happily while receiving the plastic foil. “You’re the first one who gives us a welcoming gift. So, thank you so much.”

“Mom, who’s in  there?”

Krystal’s heart beat fast.

Behind Mrs. Choi’s back, the tall beautiful girl arrived and takes a look at them. Her eyes travel from her mom, to her sister, then finally to Krystal. Their eyes met. Then there’s a knowingly look from the girl’s eyes. And Krystal knew the girl remembered her because she smile slightly to her which makes Krystal mesmerized because the girl looks more beautiful when she’s smiling.

“Oh, they are the Jung’s. Our next neighbors.” Said Mrs. Choi. “Look, they gave us a welcoming gift.”

Krystal saw the tall girl smile when she saw their gift for them. Then she looks up again to them. “Thanks for the warm welcome to us. And nice to meet you!” she smile widely showing her white pearly teeth. Krystal blinks and can’t believe what she’s seeing.

Ohh, honestly, this girl is so beautiful….

“I’m Sulli by the way! I hope, we can all be friends and gets along together!” She’s so hyper….

“Of course, you can visit our home sometimes and have fun with my daughters.” Krystal heard her mom says.

“Yeah, and they look just as same age. So I think they will get along.” Mrs. Choi agreed.

“Yeah, I think my Krystal is  just as same age as your Sulli. Because Jessica is my older daughter.” Her mom said pointing her and her sister.

“Aigoo. You’re daughters are so beautiful.” Mrs. Choi said while looking at them. Krystal feel embarrassed. She doesn’t want it when someone is praising her because she feel uncomfortable.

“Hehe~ Just like their mother!” Mrs. Jung said.

“Oh,  we can see that clearly.” The two mothers laugh. And clap their hands together. They looks like a long lost best friends.

Mrs. Choi  and Mrs. Jung  talks for a while. And Krystal try to look at Sulli again. She’s quite shock because the tall girl is looking at her and smiling at her sweetly.

What the? Ohmy…what I’m gonna do? Smile at her too? Okay. I think that will be the polite thing to do…here we go….

And Krystal managed herself to smile to Sulli. Just a lopsided smile because she still feel embarrassed that the  girl caught her looking at her a while ago in the window.

Honestly, this girl always makes me more nervous!