kris; empty glass

Our Love is Out of This World
Nothing 
 
The girl with long, model like legs stepped out of the pristine bedroom. Her hair was perfectly tousled and even the way his crisp, white shirt hung off her shoulders seemed flawless. She saw the tall, blond man hunched over, swirling his glass of whiskey. He looked solemn as he stared into the glass, almost hypnotized. 
 
The woman approached him with soft footsteps. She made the mistake of wrapping her arms around him and he instantaneously went rigid. She dug her nose into the base of his neck but that just made him roll his eyes, even angrier than before. 
 
"When are you leaving?", he asked briskly. Her arms steadily unraveled. 
 
"W-What?", she stuttered. 
 
"Aren't you going to leave? I mean you have been here a little too long for my liking." 
 
"I thought we could eat breakfast together." 
 
He scoffed, "What is this; a ing fairy tale? Get your stuff and leave." 
 
The girl didn't need to be insulted twice. She stormed back into the bedroom and left the house in no time. But not before screaming out a few words to him. He didn't listen to them anymore. It was always something along the lines of "you're a pig" or "you'll regret it". But he didn't care anymore; he barely felt anything anymore. 
 
Kris Wu, one of the biggest CEOs in China's industrial business. He had it all, or so people thought. The fame, wealth, luxurious homes and a different girl every night. But what's all of this when there's no one to share it with. 
 
She was in his life for an all too short, fleeting while. He loved her, but never really expressed it. Wooing women into the bedroom was one of his expertise but words of love were foreign to him. He was feeling the impact of this flaw only now. 
 
He had access to any pleasure in the world but it didn't make it better. The alcohol would subdue worries for a while. The money could buy him anything, but not everything. And the women? They were just empty shells that were looking for love starting in the bedroom. They didn't make the consistent pain vanish. Only bringing her back would. 
 
She never picked up the phone. No matter how many times it had rung, there was never an answer on the other line. No sweet voice on the other side, answering him jubilantly. There was nothing. Nothing but silence. Kris stopped trying. He erased a number that could never leave his memory. He awaited for her call, but it never came. He's afraid that it may never come at all. 
 
He just wanted to hear her voice. Just for a brief second. To make sure that someone in this life cared about him and that she was real. To confirm that she had loved him, all of him, and every part of him. 
 
How many times? How many times had he forgotten to remind her that he loves her? How many times had she lost sleep crying over him? How many times had she been pushed aside for his selfish needs? How many times had she thought about him as persistently as he thought about her? How many times? 
 
He swirled the amber liquid in his glass once again. Maybe he would try calling her one more time. Maybe she still loved him as much as he loved her. Maybe they could start fresh, and she would forgive him. Like the many times before. 
 
He punched in the numbers on his phone and hesitated to press the green call button. Why would he want someone left him like that? Why would he love someone that threw everything away? Because Kris knew. He knew it was his fault. 
 
The rings seemed longer than usual and his body tensed in fear and excitement. 
 
"Hello?"
 
God, it was her. It was really her. He couldn't even articulate words. She repeated her greeting.
 
"Tian shi...", he called out her pet name that he gave her. 
 
She froze upon hearing the familiar voice. dried up and her grip tightened. 
 
"Honey, who is it?" 
 
There it was. Another man's voice. 
 
"Nobody", she coldly answered and the call was put to an abrupt end. 
 
A wave of emotion struck Kris. He was so happy to finally hear her voice again. But the thought of another man with his angel made his blood curdle and his jaw tighten. 
 
His angel. She had answered him so icily. The girl he loved that seemed to emit all the light and warmth in the world had become this. 
 
It was all his fault.