Baekhyun; the right words

Our Love is Out of This World

 

{BAEKHYUN; THE RIGHT WORDS}

 

 

"Hey, are you going to the dance tonight?", Baekhyun asked as he sits across from you at your regular lunch table.

"No, what would I do there?", you scrunched up your face.

"Um, dance?"

"Which I can't do?"

"Point taken. Plus you need a date, which I'm pretty sure would be the difficult part for you."

You ignored his comment, "And who are you taking, Byun-ssi?"

"School dances cramp my style", he shrugged as he chomped on his French fry.

When you first came to this school, you had heard much about Byun Baekhyun. All your friends knew him but you never had the chance to get acquainted until this year. There were always girls gossiping about what a flirt he was and how he had a new target everyday. You made sure to steer clear of his way so you wouldn't become another one of his "victims". But the inevitable happened and you just couldn't avoid him when he constantly asked you for the homework. The most surprising thing was that he never once tried to hit on you. You convinced yourself that you just weren't his type. However it probably bothered you more than it should have. Somewhere along the way, although you would never admit it, you became close friends. Although you two bickered till no end and constantly picked on each other, at the end everything it was always you two that were remaining. 

 

"Hey, guys", Chen exclaimed as he sat next to you. He was a close friend of Baekhyun but you had only spoken to him a couple of times.

"Hey Chen", you said with a smile causing Baekhyun's eyes to dart between both of you.

Chen talked to Baekhyun about asking you to the dance, but he disregarded it as a joke.

Chen called out your name and his voice pulled you out of your food trance.

"Neh?", you answered.

"I know this is kind of last minute, but would you like to the dance with me tonight?", Chen slightly raised his eyebrows.

Never in his life did Byun Baekhyun feel so taken back until this moment. His eyes animatedly widened while his cheeks were still stuffed with food. His head turned to you and was vehemently shaking for you to decline. But, of course, you were too absorbed by Chen that you didn't see his cry of despair.

"T-Today? Um, I--", you stuttered like buffoon.

"It's okay it you don't want to; I mean--"

"I would love to!" you cut him off.

Baekhyun had been taken back a second time in the same minute. 

Chen gave you a charming smile, "Great, I'll meet you here at seven", and took off.

Baekhyun's eyes followed him as he exited the cafeteria and he aggressively turned back to you.

"WHAT WAS THAT?", he exclaimed.

"Who said it would be difficult to find a date?", you waved your chopsticks in the air.

"You weren't even going."

"Until now."

He just stared at you incredulously and you gave a smirk back.

"It's a semi formal dance right?", you questioned, "Should I wear a dress?"

"You have never worn a dress", Baekhyun pointed out. All the blood was rushing to his head and his heart felt like it was contracting.

"Correction: you've never seen me wear a dress. Can you help me pick one out after school?", you asked with wide eyes.

Baekhhyun almost said yes, because he couldn't resist your adorable face. Almost.

"No."

"Come on, you know what Chen likes", you jutted you lips slightly.

"Do you even like Chen? Why'd you say yes?!"

It was so fun to see him riled up. You didn't know the reason but you concluded whatever it was, it sure as hell got a reaction out of him.

"I like Chen", you questioned and stated.

"What?", he sounded peeved.

"What?"

"Has everyone gone crazy around here?!"

"What a drama queen."

He continued to be upset for the rest of the day and he made it no attempt to hide it either. You waved it off as another one of his mood swings that he usually gets over in a couple of hours. But little did you know this one was here to stay until you clarified there was nothing between Chen and you. Throughout the day he continued to squeeze his hand into a tight fist whenever he had seen you or Chen or even thought about you and Chen. 

Baekhyun liked you. He questioned his hint of feelings for you but today's event confirmed it. He imagined you and Chen slow dancing to some stupid love song and falling in love from there on and maybe having six kids together. But hey, he wasn't the type to jump to conclusions. He had to do something to stop this. He didn't know what, but something. 

Eventually, Byun Baekhyun, the master of schemers, had drawn a blank. He could think of no clever plan to stop this other than confronting you.

_________________________________________

He stood at your door step, contemplating whether he should ring the door bell or not.  

"Whay will I say? 'Hey, don't go to the dance with Chen because I've fallen completely head over heels for you and I didn't realize it until the second he asked you out?!' Or maybe I should say Chen is doing this to get into her pants? No, that goes against the bro code. How about the truth? No, that'll never do., Baekhyun mumbled to himself. 

He pushed the button with a stiff finger, and heard you yell, "Coming!"

As soon as he heard your voice he panicked, and started to tip toe away, but it was too late.

"Baekhyun?!"

"Crap", he muttered and turned.

"What are you doing here?", you asked in concern as you welcomed him in.

"I was just taking a walk around the neighborhood", he broke out in cold sweat.

"You live on the other side of town", you scrunched up your face. 

"YOU CAN'T GO TO THE DANCE!", he burst and quickly clamped his hand over his mouth.

"Why not?!"

"Because", his voice was muffled through his hands.

"Because what?"

"Hmecuzz I ruv nyu"

You gently took his wrist and set it next to his side, "Say it again."

"Because I love you!"

You stared at him for a few seconds and he could feel himself wither under your gaze.

"That's not funny", you looked annoyed, "Tell me the real reason you're here."

"Y-You don't believe me?"

"No one in their sane mind would! Baekhyun, you always make fun of me, tease me about not being a girly girl, and quite frankly treat me like I'm another one of your guy friends. You haven't said anything nice to me since the moment we've met. You and I both know I'm nothing special in your life."

You didn't realize it, but your eyes were moistening and your nose turned red. When you did realize, you turned way from his gaze, embarrassed by your tears.

Baekhyun took careful steps towards you and gently took your face in his hands. You two were looking straight at each other. You took in his milky skin, nice eyes and rosy lips. While he observed your thick set of lashed, cute nose and full set of lips. You were squirming as you felt his eyes graze every feature of your face. 

"I did all those things because it's the first time in a long time, that I've fallen so hard and so fast. It's pretty scary you know? Not knowing if someone feels the same about you. I didn't know how to tell you about my feelings, so I didn't. But today I realized that if I didn't say something, someone else will. So I'm asking you right now, honestly, will you be my girlfriend?"

"You're...gonna have to explain to Chen. You know he's practically pining over me", you choked out.

He took that as a yes and  moved his hands to your waist as he picked you up to twirl you around.

When you ordered him to set you down, you felt his soft lips against the corner of your jaw. Hot breath traveling down your neck sending tingles through your body.

 

"Let's go tell Chen right now."