Hyun Joong

A Time For Us

Chapter Two

Hyun Joong’s POV

***************************************************************************************************************

The alarm rang at preciously at 7:15, waking Hyun Joong up at 7:20. Getting up Hyun Joong turned off the alarm and got up from bed. After his morning shower and shave, Hyun Joong eats breakfast at exactly at 8:00, it being Thursday the breakfast that day was honey nut cheerios, with a glass of orange juice at exactly one cup. After breakfast, he washes the bowl, spoon, and cup; placing them in the dish rack to dry. Grabbing his suit case, Hyun Joong leaves his apartment at exactly 8:30, goes down to the parking lot, and leaves the building at 8:40.

Once he reaches his parent’s house, since the driveway is at an angle, he turns the wheels exactly 45 degrees to the right. Finally getting out the car, Hyun Joong heads inside and meets his mother at the door.

“I knew that was you it is exactly 9:15, with a twenty minute commute from the house; I knew that had to be you.” Hyun Joong smiled at his mother’s teasing. Hyun Joong has only been like that, he was never late or unprepared, and the only time he was, was when he is misinformed or in rare occasions he would forget something, as he had more important things to do that day. He wasn’t perfect, so he does make mistakes, but they are rare.

“Of course eomonie, Aboeji told me to be here at 9:30, so that he could talk to me. It is only right to show up at most ten to fifteen minutes early right? That is what good manner or proper guests should do.” Hyun Joong said sitting down, after kissing his grandmother on the cheek in greeting.

“Of course, that is the way I brought you up.” His mother said smiling proudly.

“Oh Hyun Joong ah, how is my future daughter in law doing in her fashion designing job.” Hyun Joong’s grandmother inquired, as she sipped her morning tea.

“Great from the last time she spoke to me, she has been busy; as have I, but when we talk her business has been doing fine.” Both the grandmother and mother nodded their nods in approval.

“That is good; when is she coming home from France again, the wedding is in a year; I think it is about time that we start planning it don’t you think?” Hyun Joong smiled and turned towards his grandmother.

“Yes, it is; actually we have already started to make plans; she is designing her own dress, and has already narrowed down the designs of the table decorations, where the venue is going to be, and colors she would like for the wedding. When she returns in three months, she wanted to discuss what she has narrowed down. She hopes that both of you can help her make the final decisions.” Again his mother nodded in approval, and his grandmother smiled.

“I am happy that she wants to accept our help in the wedding, I am glad that you have chosen a wonderful women that will love you, and treat you like the respectable husband you are.” His mother said patting him on the knee.

“De thank you for being so supportive of my choice.” Hyun Joong bowed his head to the two women and smiled. At exactly 9:30, the door opened from his father’s study, and a voice called Hyun Joong in the room. Standing up, and allowing his grandmother to go first; both of them made their way into the room.

“Hello aboeji.” Hyun Joong said, bowing in respect. His father nodded and smiled back at his son.

“Yes Hyun Joong; why don’t you sit down.” Hyun Joong did as he was told, and sat in front of his father.

“Hyun Joong ah, I know that you have been working very hard in the company as manager; however, I am just not sure that you are capable to running this company on your own. So your grandmother has made a deal with me. We will open a small branch company, which you will run personally, you may hire who you want and do business how you want. However, there is a catch; the catch is: by the time you get married, your business will have to be successful. If you succeed, then you will continue to be the heir of this company, if not, then the company will be given to your cousin. Do you accept the challenge?” Hyun Joong looked at his grandmother, who nodded in encouragement for him to accept the offer he is given.

“De, I will accept the challenge.” His father nodded, trying the keep the smile out of his face.

“Then it is settled, in a year’s time we will see how well your company will do. Now I want you to go see your uncle after work today, he will give you the numbers you need to get the building started. I would, but I have a meeting to get to.” With those last words, his father stood; Hyun Joong bowed and left the office. After saying goodbye to his mother, Hyun Joong headed to work as; he had to be there at 10:15.

At 3:00, Hyun Joong packed up for the day; as all the things he had to do all could be done at home. Plus he had to see his uncle after work. Finally reaching his uncle’s house, Hyun Joong noticed his uncle was already outside, thinking that his father had already informed him that he would be coming; Hyun Joong quickly began pulling into the driveway, till his noticed his uncle waving at him to back up. Quickly he did as he was told, instead parking along the driveway. He exited the car, and meets the face of his angry uncle.

“Mianhaeyo uncle I thought you had gotten this done last week?”

“Yah..! mianhae my now who is going to fix my driveway!?” Hyun Joong smiled as his uncle yelled at him, it was always best to let him finish his rant, when his uncle was angry with him. Once his uncle was finish yelling, Hyun Joong finally spoke.

“Uncle I am sure we can get someone here to fix it, before auntie gets back there is no need to be upset.” Hyun Joong heard the sound of water splashing, as he uncle yelled at him again. When he finally was able to turn from his uncle, he watch a young man finish spraying the cement off his car, and roll up the hose putting it back. The boy walked to his bike, and Hyun Joong, while motioning for his uncle to hold on, quickly ran to him before he could leave.

“Young man… wait..!” Hyun Joong watched as the man turned around and looked at him, before lowering his head. Hyun Joong reached for his wallet.

“Here… let me pay you for fixing the driveway again, and my car.” The man shook his head no.

“Ah aniyo… It’s okay your uncle already paid me an extra 50,000 won, now I can have a clear conscious spending it.” The sound of the young man’s voice floored Hyun Joong; he was unable to speak. As the man quickly climbed on his bike and peddled away from him.

All Hyun Joong could do was watch him go, he was unable to get a good look at his face, but with all the being in his body; he wanted to hear the boy speak again. The sound of his voice, to Hyun Joong it sounds like an angel spoke to him. It was so soft, gentle, and compassionate; however, there was also strength and stubbornness. Hyun Joong has heard a voice like that before, it was in his dreams. A voice very similar to the one the young man had, has always given him comfort in his dreams.

Hyun Joong wished he could have seen the persons face, or maybe even known his name. Hyun Joong jumped when he felt a hand land on his shoulder heavily. He turned around and his uncle was there behind him, giving him a strange look. With once last glance to the road the young man had taken to leave, Hyun Joong turned back to his uncle; leading the way back to the house, so they could talk about what he had come there for. Once they got into the house, and tea was given Hyun Joong began to talk.

“Uncle, Father told me, I could talk to you about finding a building to start a small company? I would like it if you helped me with it.” Hyun Joong sat there and waits for his uncle to answer.

“Oh yes your father did call me about that… yes I have the numbers here somewhere.” Hyun Joong smiled that his uncle wasn’t too angry with him about the driveway, so he could help him. A few moments later, his uncle came back and handed him a piece of paper.

“Here you are, this is all you need to start the company. The numbers and such; however, I am giving this to you on one condition.” Hyun Joong took the paper, folding it to put it in his wallet.

“And what would that be?”

“A good friend of mine that I have known since my own school days has been finding jobs for a young man that he has been looking out for. He is constantly asking me to help find him a good job; however, nothing has been opened up in any places that I know. That is until you are opening a new business. I would like it if you could hire the young man, as a favor to me.” Hyun Joong thought about; his uncle has never asked him for a favor in the while time he has known him. His uncle has always been on the selfish side, and never really did anything good for anybody else. So, for him to be asking must mean that, his friend must be very close to him.

“Well what can the young man do? Has he gone to college for this sort of job? Does he have any experience?”

“Well no, you see the boy doesn’t really have any skills; he is a laborer, so he will not be working on anything that you would call professional. I was thinking more on the lines of a janitor or something of sorts. He could help with the cleaning staff, as the building you find will probably need some cleaning, the boy is used to hard work; I am sure that you can find use for him somehow. This would mean a lot to me if you can find a place for him.” Hyun Joong sighed; he thought he was getting something good, something that he could use; he should have known his uncle would give him a janitor with no skills. Unfortunately, since his uncle asked this of him; Hyun Joong couldn’t say no, since his uncle is helping him in a big way. So with great difficulties Hyun Joong nodded in consent.

“I am sure I can use him for something. A company always needs a housekeeping staff, so yes you can inform your friend, that if the young man wants the job, he can start… let’s see what is today… Monday… I should have a building by Wednesday, So, if he accepts the job, tell him he can start Thursday if he likes.”

“Excellent! Now I can finally get him off my back… this is a good day.” Hyun Joong smiled and stood to leave.

“I must go now uncle; I have some business to attend to.” With those parting words Hyun Joong left, and proceed to go home for dinner, as it was already reaching 5:00; Hyun Joong always ate dinner at 8:00 on the dot.

Finally getting him, Hyun Joong changed after a few hours he began getting his dinner ready. During dinner his phone rang, sighing as he was disturbed; Hyun Joong went to pick up his phone anyway.

“Yobeosayo?”

“Hello yobeo, are you enjoying dinner?” Hyun Joong smiled and sat back down at the table.

“Uee… You did this on purpose didn’t you? You know I eat at 8:00, so you must of have done this to upset me.” Hyun Joong could hear his fiancé’s laughter from the phone. His suspicions were right, she did it to upset him, and she was not sorry in the least.

“You love me anyway; beside you always know that I like to tease you. So how is your dinner, eating kimchi and a lot of spicy stuff?” Hyun Joong sighed.

“Why would I eat kimchi? Spicy food is not good for the body, so you know I don’t eat it. Now, have you already eaten? You haven’t been putting off eating again to get more work done have you?”

“No, I am eating; although I wish I didn’t have to, I don’t need to gain any weight, I am a model and everybody knows to be a model you have to stay in shape.” Hyun Joong sighed and shook his head; he wished Uee would eat more she has always been skinny, but ever since she became a model, her food intake has lessen; this worried Hyun Joong to no end.

“Oh don’t sigh at me… I am eating so don’t worry about it. Have you told your mother and grandmother, what I asked you to tell them?”

“Yes I have, and they are willing to help you make the final decisions on the wedding. Thank you for doing that by the way; I know my family can be demanding, but I am glad you are letting them help.”

“Well I love you and when we are married they will be my family too. I wouldn’t want them to think that I don’t care about their opinion right? That would be the end of our relationship before I could finish my sentences.” Hyun Joong laughed with Uee; she was right, his grandmother was too old fashion, if Uee made the mistake of not including her in the things that she does; Hyun Joong didn’t even want to think about what she will do to them.

The two talked some more, before Uee had to let him go; it was already nine o clock, Hyun Joong always went to bed at ten. So, saying their goodbyes, and good nights. The call ended and Hyun Joong got ready for bed. As he was laying there, Hyun Joong’s mind drifted back that afternoon; Hyun Joong could still here the boy’s voice in his head. He wondered if he would ever see him again, not that he was interested in him in any way; it was just… He, for some reason, wanted hear his voice again. Hyun Joong sighed as he pushed the thoughts of the young man to the back of his mind and went to sleep. To Hyun Joong it was unhealthy to keep thinking of such things; beside it was not like he would ever hear that voice again, so it was best to just forget it ever happened and move on.

Who knew he was wrong…

…So very wrong.

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Okay so this one is not a long as Young Saeng’s, but it is pretty close to it. I hope you liked it, a glimpse of what Hyun Joong’s life before Young Saeng comes and throws it all around *hahaha XD*.

To be honest this was hard to write, I have never written Hyun Joong so boring before, so this is a new experience for me. Don’t worry he will not stay like that for long, not with Young Saeng around.

XD

Till next time, bye now.