Episode 7

Darkened Skies and Surprises

Kyungsoo grimaced as he pulled up to the house, parking carefully beside Lu Han’s car and he shut the engine off before he got out and began unloading the trunk of the multiple bags from the supermarket. Groaning when none of his brothers even came out to help him, he staggered over to the front door and slowly opened it, sighing in relief as he placed down the bags from his aching hands.

Looking around, he really didn’t like the silence.

“Guys?” he shouted, moving forward rather slowly before he moved into the living room. It was empty. Frowning, he moved in and looked around. He wasn’t gone that long for everyone to leave was he? “Hello?” Kyungsoo exclaimed again, before he noticed something on the floor.

Scrunching up his eyebrows, he knelt down and examined the stain on the floor more closely.

Then his eyes widened.

It was blood; it was a lot of blood.

Standing back up, he took out his phone and dialled Lu Han.

It rung a few times, until finally, the other one picked up the phone.

“Kyungsoo, where are you?”

“At the house. Where the heck is everyone?!” Kyungsoo shouted.

“We are at the hospital, get over here.”

The phone call ended way too quickly for Kyungsoo’s likeness, and the bitterness of not being called absolutely immediately if someone was hurt was surging through his body. And why where they at the hospital?

Just as he was about to run out the door, he heard some howling.

Turning around, he tilted his head suspiciously. Was that…

“Sehun?” he shouted before he ran over to where they kept the wolf cage, and he noticed that the wolf was still trapped. “I can’t let you out when you’re a wolf.” The other said, really needing to get to the hospital, but the stupid wolf kept on howling repeatedly. “Change and you can come.”

He could see the wolf starting to get aggravated. That’s when Kyungsoo watched in awe as the wolf’s body began changing, and a few seconds later – after what looked like a very painful transformation – a boy was lying in the cage.

Kyungsoo sighed in relief before he moved towards the gate and he unlocked it, opening it up so Sehun could out.

The boy shook his head and tried to calm the dizziness before he smiled.

“Thank you Kyungsoo.” He said, and the other nodded, trying not to look at the boy’s form, considering he was .

“Put some clothes on, and let’s get going.” He said, Sehun just nodding instantly.

“Okay.”

A few minutes later, they were getting into Kyungsoo’s car and the older kick-started the engine, moving forward to the hospital. Sehun gripped onto his seatbelt before he began speaking.

“Um, Kyungsoo?” he was still rather nervous about talking to the other, considering he only felt comfortable around Yixing and Tao – the only ones who actually talked to him. “When I was in the cage… I-I heard something.” He whispered, not knowing whether it was something that should be said at this time.

The driver gripped onto the steering wheel before briefly glancing at the wolf on the passenger seat.

“What did you hear?” he asked, focusing on the road again.

“…A-A gunshot.” Sehun whispered, and Kyungsoo’s eyes widened, trying to not force the breaks down.

“We need to get to the hospital quickly.”

It was bustling within the hospital, and a fight was about to break out for sure. Suho was going crazy, he didn’t know who he was the angriest at: himself, Yixing or Chanyeol.

“Calm down.” Lu Han whispered as he watched Joonmyun pace the hallway once more, fidgeting with his hands and looking into the hospital room every ten seconds to see if something has changed. “This won’t do him any good.” He explained, standing up and catching onto the man’s arm to stop him completely.

Suho bit his lip as he stared at the boy.

That’s when Kyungsoo and Sehun ran into the hallway, worried expressions etched onto their faces.

“What happened?” Kyungsoo shouted as he ran up to Lu Han ecstatic. “Sehun said he heard a gunshot.” He said, and he noticed that a stranger beside Lu Han immediately froze up. “Who’s this?”

Lu Han sighed with all the questions before he took a hold of his little brother’s arm and took him to one of the waiting chairs, sitting him down.

“Okay, that’s Joonmyun, Yixing’s friend.”

Kyungsoo nodded as he remembered that Lay had said something about him earlier.

“Right, so going to tell me what happened?” he said, still pretty worried that there was two people he couldn’t see right now.

Lu Han sighed.

“Well… that is a very long story.” He whispered, but his brother groaned. “Fine. Well, um, Tao came home with a surprise earlier today, long story short…” he took a deep breath. “He came home with a vampire, Suho noticed, pointed a gun out of nowhere, and…”

Kyungsoo shook his head, trying to get around the word ‘vampire’.

“Wait. Vampire as in… blood-, garlic hating, cape loving creatures?” Kyungsoo asked, his tone showing that he was clearly unbelieving what he was hearing. Lu Han sighed before he nodded.

“The vampire moved behind Tao, which didn’t give Suho a clear shot… but he took it anyway.”

The other’s eyes widened. Looking of at Suho, Kyungsoo felt hatred boil in his blood.

“He shot Tao?!” he shouted, standing up in anger before he was pulled back down by his sibling. “What?!”

Lu Han sighed.

“He didn’t shoot Tao.”

Kyungsoo blinked a couple of times before he looked over at Suho and sighed.

“Then who?” he asked.

“Yixing.” Lu Han whispered, and they both saw Joonmyun move to a wall and kick it hard. “He jumped in front of Tao, and Suho accidently shot him. Unluckily, Yixing was knocked unconscious immediately so he couldn’t heal himself.”

Kyungsoo frowned before he glanced over at Joonmyun and then at Sehun who was gazing into a window with a sad frown on his face. That must’ve been Lay’s room. Turning back around to the other, he spoke.

“Where are Tao and his vampire?” he asked, and Lu Han sighed.

“The next hallway.”

Kyungsoo nodded and immediately stood up before he left the hallway. Lu Han sighed and moved over to the wolf who was gazing into the window. He could see small tears building up in the boy’s eyes.

“He’ll be okay, as soon as he wakes.” He said, before leaving the boy alone.

Sehun sighed as he stared into the healer’s room, feeling rather awkward at the fact the other was so injured considering his own power. He was connected to a lot of machines and there was a big white bandage on his shoulder, where Sehun assumed he was shot by the other stranger.

It must’ve been a horrible sight; he just hoped that Lay would be okay.

Kyungsoo released a frustrated sigh as he turned the corner and noticed that his baby brother was snuggling into some on the seats. He was guessing that would be the vampire – which he still didn’t believe – but he had to have a few words with his little brother.

Moving over, he tapped Tao on the shoulder and took a few steps back, gasping a little when he saw the stranger’s bright red eyes.

Tao looked over and smiled.

“Kyungsoo, I’m glad you’re here.” He stood up and hugged his big brother before stepping away, his back hitting Chanyeol’s chest as the vampire had stood up along with him.

Kyungsoo nodded before his eyes glanced to the other.

“Who… is this?” he asked, although he clearly knew. Zitao looked around and smiled at the other before replying.

“This is Chanyeol, now, don’t freak out, but he’s a vampire. I saved him.” Tao explained as if what he was saying wasn’t completely unusual and incompatible with a smart brain. “Don’t worry, he’s not bad.” The boy said, trying to make light of the situation a little.

His older brother rolled his eyes.

“Okay… this is way too much for me right now. What you and I need to do, is go and make sure Yixing is okay. Your… ‘vampire’, needs to leave because I’m sure the sun is just about to come up.” Kyungsoo said slowly.

Tao looked back at Chanyeol and nodded to his brother.

“Okay.” He said before turning around and linking his arms around the vampire’s neck and whispering into his ear. “I’ll be back soon.” Chanyeol grinned and nodded before letting go and walking in the opposite direction.

Kyungsoo stared at him silently.

The other shuffled nervously on his feet.

“…What?” Tao asked, and his brother tilted his head.

“How did you get that close with a guy in the midst of one afternoon?” he asked, and his brother shrugged his shoulders. “Is he… what, putting a trance on you or something?” Kyungsoo wondered.

The younger chuckled.

“No, of course not. Just… can we get to Yixing?” he asked and his brother knew it was a losing battle at this point so he just nodded.

Yixing let out a small gasp as his eyes fluttered open and he was blinded by the colour white. Knowing that it was a hospital, he tried hard to think back on what exactly happened that made him lie in a hospital bed, connected to a lot of machines.

Suho was pointing a gun at the vampire.

Tao was in the way.

Joonmyun took the shot anyway, and he…

Yixing groaned as he remembered the bullet forcing its way through his shoulder and he flinched.

Looking around the room, he noticed that he couldn’t see anyone, but they had to get him out of here so he could heal himself. This was going to be a hard job considering he was just shot and the doctors will not be lenient on letting him go so easily.

Yixing groaned as he disconnected himself from the machines and stood up on the ground, wincing when his shoulder pained incredibly every couple of seconds.

“Yixing, what are you doing?!” Someone shouted, causing the healer to twist around to the door a bit too fast, making him fall a little. He was about to hit the floor until someone held him protectively. “Silly, you shouldn’t be walking around.” Yixing looked up and realised he knew exactly who it was.

“Silly wolf.” Yixing whispered, and Sehun just chuckled in reply before he placed the other on the bed.

“Well, you’re the silly one here. Just take it easy.” Sehun whispered before he quickly turned and disappeared through the door, to tell the other’s he was awake he assumed.

Suho ran in immediately.

The other just fell to his knees in front of Yixing and didn’t say a word as his eyes were glued to the floor. The healer knew exactly what was going on.

“Joonmyun, don’t you dare feel bad.” Yixing whispered, but he knew it wasn’t going to make a difference. The older boy stayed on the floor as everyone else entered the room.

Kyungsoo sighed at the sight of the bandage along with Lu Han.

“So… time to get you home then right?” Tao said, and the patient nodded. “So what… we sneak you out, or?”

Yixing shrugged.

“At least talk to the doctor first.” Kyungsoo commented, not really in the mood for sneaking the healer out of the hospital at all. Too much was going on already. “And Suho, get off the floor.” He ordered.

Joonmyun stared up at him in disbelief.

“That’s not going to make it better.” Kyungsoo explained before he turned around to go and fetch a doctor. Suho blinked a few times before he looked up at his friend that he had injured. Yixing was only smiling at him, but he couldn’t stop the pang of guilt rising up in his body – that would be impossible. But he did stand up, yet he didn’t stare at anyone else.

“Are you okay though?” Sehun whispered from the side, and the healer turned to him with a comforting smile before nodding. The wolf nodded too, grinning back like a child.

Kyungsoo came back with the doctor – who was frowning at the amount of people who was occupying the room – and he stood beside Lu Han. The doctor frowned once Lay had explained to him his situation – which he probably made up on the spot.

The doctor sighed before folding his arms across his chest.

“…I don’t want to condone it, but, if it’s your wish, we can’t keep you here.”

Yixing had to stop the large grin appearing on his face before he nodded maturely once the doctor made him sign the release papers and he left the room. Everyone let out a sigh of relief.

Sehun bit his lip before he took a bag from the side and passed it to the healer. It was Lu Han who informed him of where it was.

“Here are your clothes.” He said, handing it to him as Yixing smiled kindly.

“Thank you Sehun.”

Finally they were all home, and Yixing quickly ran to the bathroom to heal his reflection through the mirror, and he was glad that this was all over. Well, for now anyway. When he returned from the living room, he could sense the tension hovering in the air.

Sitting down beside Suho and patting his leg in reassurance, he looked up to see Lu Han and Kyungsoo ganging on their little brother.

Most likely about Tao’s new friend.

“Look guys, he needed my help, I gave it to him.” Zitao explained, not bothering to raise his voice because he couldn’t find fault in his own actions.

“Right okay then. Now get rid of him and send him on his way.” Lu Han ordered with kyungsoo nodding by his side.

Zitao groaned.

He hated it when he was ganged up on by his two older brothers.

“Zitao.” Another voice cut in and Tao turned his head to the side to see Chanyeol standing there with a soft smirk on his face. The boy grinned and ran over, standing in front of him, just simply glad that he came back. “Is there a problem?” The vampire asked as he looked at the boy’s brothers.

“Yes, you.” Lu Han said simply, earning a glare from the youngest.

“Well, if Tao wants me to leave, I shall.” Chanyeol stated, whilst Lu Han rolled his eyes at the way he spoke. Tao looked between the three but he shook his head. For some reason, he had a connection with the vampire that he couldn’t bring himself to walk away from. “Then I won’t.”

“Do I need to grab the garlic? Because I will.” Lu Han said, glaring hard before he felt Yixing stand behind him and simply shake his head. “Whatever.” Lay sighed and moved over to Tao.

“He can’t stay here though Tao, you know that.” Lay whispered, and the boy sighed but he nodded.

Tao looked up at Chanyeol who simply shook his head.

“I’ll be back tomorrow night.” He said, leaning down and pressing his lips softly against Zitao’s hair. “Bye.”

The air was lifted as he left. And it left Suho and Lay with a bad feeling.

A month passed, and not much changed in the household. Joonmyun had ended up staying there as a debt for Yixing – even though the healer asked for not a thing to happen – but Joonmyun was incredibly stubborn, besides, it was good to have an informative person on command.

Luckily, Chanyeol had only entered the house once after that incident, in which he was worried about where Zitao was. The other two brothers had tried to get him to stop looking for him (even though Tao was only at work) but the vampire was also extremely stubborn. But every night now, Tao was home even later because he had been with the vampire.

Kyungsoo was still an in house boy, but he had taken on Yixing’s advice.

He was now using his powers a lot more, albeit things were always a mess when he did, but he had managed to control it so when he hit something, the strength would appear through that too. Taking his powers to a new level.

Lu Han had finally moved out of the house in search of new people to protect – he was still residing there, but he wanted to advance his powers in a way that would help others. Although Yixing was against him constantly putting himself in danger without any of his brothers there to support him, Lu Han was advancing incredibly, so he let it slide for now.

Yixing himself was spending most of his time with the wolf.

The boy became incredibly dependant on the healer, working with him on new ways to control his transformation. Right now, it was still at an early stage and whenever he would transform, he would get stuck in the form of a wolf for days on end, but he was getting better.

The healer found that if he gave the other incentive to change, he would much more quickly – although he’d be tricked.

That usually evolved around Yixing, all he had to say that he was hurt and Sehun would be back in human form in a flash. The boy didn’t like hearing it constantly, and Lay knew it would end up being a sore point for both of them, but he wanted to dedicate himself to helping Sehun.

Like now, when the boy was in his wolf form, and was still fighting the urges to… well… attack people.

The wolf was ramming into the cage, each time made Yixing jump – even though he knew it was coming – but the healer kept his head and tried to get the other to calm down.

“Sehun, calm down.” He whispered, but this only irritated the wolf more, and it put more strength into its body as it flung itself against the metal bars. “Sehun, stop acting like a rabid animal.” The healer ordered, trying to put some authority into his voice.

It would work if Sehun would only realise that it was him.

The wolf suddenly stopped, and it’s red eyes dimmed into brown. Lay let out a sigh of relief as he watched the wolf sit.

“Good boy. Now, try to transform back Sehun.”

The other just stared at him, but he knew that the boy had complete control now – the eyes proving it – and in a sure few seconds, the other began his painful transformation into the human. When he was panting on the floor of the cage – still in his birthday suit – Lay ran in and covered him in a blanket, letting the boy’s head lay on his lap as he chuckled.

“You’ve done great Sehunnie.” He whispered, and the other grinned at him before closing his eyes after an exhausting afternoon.

Joonmyun walked into the room with a frown on his face, not wanting to disturb Yixing, but he had important information.

“Yixing?” he whispered, and the healer turned to him whilst trying not to disturb the boy.

“Yes?”

“Do you remember, that masked man that attacked Kyungsoo a while ago?” Joonmyun moved forward into the room as he began the conversation with his friend. Lay nodded instantly.

“How could I forget?”

“Well, I found him again, I’ve got his location.”

Lay’s eyes widened.


A/N: Hope you enjoyed this weeks episode!  A little slow, but things are about to get serious! Comment, subscribe and upvote! P.S the 'original' pairings won't all be in place on series one, they'll go through different partners! Get ready for next weeks!