Episode 5

Darkened Skies and Surprises

A/N: It's been a long time huh... Oops. Here ya go!


Baekhyun stared at the window, aware that someone was standing outside, watching him. It was as if they didn't care if he saw them, they just continued to lurk in the shadows, watching. He let a sigh escape his lips before he turned away from the window and simply moved to the desk. And he caught that the stranger outside of the window was no longer there. 

Now, he was inside the house. Baekhyun had to give it to them - they certainly had a way around getting inside rather quickly. Smiling, he turned around just quickly enough to catch the perpetrator rush forward with a knife and hold it close against his throat.

"Is this how you treat someone who let you in their house?" The necromancer asked, moving forward a little, but the knife only followed.

"So you saw me."

The other's voice was deep and menacing, but Baekhyun smiled. He would've nodded but that might of meant his throat getting slit by his own actions which would definitely be embarrassing. Baekhyun studied the other, but he came to the conclusion that he had never even come across this person before - if he did, he would've certainly remembered. Blinking a few times, he let a small and kind smile waver across his lips before he spoke again, eager to get why he was about to be killed out of the other.

"So. Why are you trying to kill me? Why are you watching me?" He asked, watching the other's expression rather carefully.

The man shuffled on his feet a little before stepping away, letting Baekhyun breathe properly again.

The necromancer, however, just stayed on the spot. What he waited for was the answer, and now to the growing question of why the other wasn't going to kill him now. Or maybe it was just a ploy.

"They say you have spectacular abilities considering the dead." The man said, placing the knife back in his belt before speaking again. "I have use for those abilities." He explained. Baekhyun chuckled before turning around and grabbing a drink from the table.

"Couldn't you have just asked nicely?" He wondered, turning back around.

The other sent a demonic glare his way. His eyes glowed darkly, and Baekhyun could only chuckle.

"Not in your nature?" He said, smirking as the other seemed to get angrier as the second passed. "Well, it depends on what 'use' you have of my certain 'abilities'. I don't work for free you know." Baekhyun explained, placing the glass down back on the table. "I will also require your name, for future purposes of course, besides, don't you want to know mine too?"

The other scoffed before moving forward, his lips forming a straight and thin line. He spoke his words in a deep and threatening voice, but it had no effect on Baekhyun at all. He was used to that.

"I know your name, Byun Baekhyun."

The necromancer faked a dramatic gasp before chuckling.

"Most people do. Word gets around." He said, moving forward himself until his own chest was nearly touching the others. "So? What is it that you want?"

"I need to bring something back from the dead." 

"That's what everyone wants these days." Baekhyun said, sighing. Sure, he was a necromancer and that generally meant bringing things back from the dead but that wasn't all he could do! He could do other things too, but no one was interested in it at all. "Ugh fine. But, what do I get in return, Mr mysterious no name person?" he asked, tilting his head.

"I'll give you a pet. Someone to share this lonely castle and life with." He whispered, and the necromancers eyes lit up.

"Who?" 

The other smirked before clicking his fingers.

...

Suho's broken body fell to the floor, his eyes strained open and full of death. Not a second passed before Lu Han's blood curling scream surrounded the room, rushing forward and lifting his hand, making everything in his path fly upwards and towards the murderer in front of him, who was smirking. The demon dodged ever object hurled at his face and body before rushing towards the boy who was simply smiling.

No one could move quick enough to stop Kris's hands wrapping around Zitao's body, but they certainly didn't miss the action of the witch. Zitao grinned before holding onto the demon's neck, jumping up and wrapping his legs around his waist.

Kris turned to Tao's brothers and smirked slyly. And then they disappeared in a flash.

There was utter silence in the room before Lu Han fell to his knees before the fallen angel. He hugged Suho's face close to his lap and let tears flow down his face.

Kyungsoo was suddenly at the door, holding his torso in pain but he was astonished at the sight before him. Zitao was no where to be seen, and Suho was lying on the floor with Lu Han crying above him, holding him tightly.

He assumed the worst.

And then he couldn't help but feel absurdly guilty because of the whole situation. It would be better if Lay were here, but no, because of him he was still unconscious. 

Lu Han looked down at the angel before he put two of his fingers on Suho's eyelids, closing them because he couldn't stand those lifeless eyes staring at him. Just as he was about to lay the angel's head down, he heard someone whisper softly, with a hint of laughter in his tone.

"That's awfully uncomfortable Lu Han."

The telekinetic boy stared down at the one who suddenly spoke. 

"S-Suho?!" He shouted, not caring how the other was alive but only hugging the man tightly. "I'm so glad you're alive!" Lu Han screamed, crying hard but this time it was because he was incredibly happy. The angel laughed at the other's affection before he sat up straight, shaking his head and crinkling his neck back into place so that he was uncomfortable anymore.

Suddenly he stood up and stretched his arms over his head. Picking up the boy beside him, he smiled gracefully at him before explaining.

"You can't kill an angel that easily."

Lu Han nodded, tears still flowing out of his eyes. Suho smiled before looking around. He spotted Kyungsoo and the amount of blood that was coming out of his torso, and just as he was about to say something, he noticed something much worse.

Moving forward, he stared at Lu Han's eyes and spoke quietly.

"Where is Zitao?" 

"With Kris..." Lu Han replied, his mouth quivering. Kyungsoo's own eyes widened at the information before he fell forward, the pain in his torso becoming way too much to handle. "Kyungsoo!" The oldest shouted before racing towards his younger brother, cursing quietly. 

...

"Daehyun."

"What?"

"Let him go."

"Why should I?"

"Because that wasn't part of our deal."

Daehyun scoffed before moving forward, looking over at the other's body and chuckling.

"But our deal was fulfilled." The demon whispered, grabbing onto the other's hand and pulling him up from the cold hard floor with a grin on his lips. "Look at you, you are fine. You didn't ask for anything else." He said, letting him go and moving backwards.

Kai growled before he tried to move forward. However, the chains around his wrists were forbidding him to do so, he was chained to the floor.

"Daehyun, Kyungsoo will die!" He screamed, the chains echoing around the hall. The demon in front of him stopped straight before giggling. It was weird to see the other look so evil in this form. Daehyun had still taken the image of Kyungsoo's healer, Yixing, and it was difficult to see past it. The demon moved forward and his lips twitched.

"What would I get out of this?" He asked, placing his two fingers underneath Kai's chin. "I mean, I already have you, you have nothing else to give me."

Kai growled and moved his head away from Daehyun's hand. Sighing, he stared up at Daehyun with serious eyes.

"I have some information that can bring Kris down."

Daehyun stopped and his expression became blank.

The demon moved backwards and looked at Jongin carefully, analyzing if he was telling the truth or not. Then again, he did know that Kia used to work for Kris, meaning he probably knew some of the powerful demon's secrets and weaknesses. Which could be a big help in this demonic plane. Considering Kris considered himself the most powerful of all, if someone like Daehyun were to bring him down, the roles would switch and he could be on top.

Grinning, he moved forward and very quickly clicked his fingers. Kai watched as Yixing's face faded away and soon he was met with the smirk of Daehyun's true form.

The demon shook his body and let out a relieved sigh.

"It's good to be me again." He turned around and looked at a mirror placed on the wall. "Because damn, I look much better this way."

Kai rolled his eyes before Daehyun rushed forward, their faces mere millimeters away.

"So... tell me all your secrets."

...

Suho was doing his best to patch up Kyungsoo who was very close to passing out on the couch. The boy was holding his breath, trying to ignore the pain that was riding through his entire body, but it was hard. It was overwhelming, and with the angel trying to wrap his wound in anesthetics and bandages, it just made it hurt a lot more.

"Just hold still." The angel whispered, hating the fact that he was causing the other so much pain but there was really nothing else they could do.

Lu Han clenched the bridge of his nose with his fingers as he tried to ignore Kyungsoo's moans and groans.

Chanyeol was pacing around the room, not colliding with anyone else. He was deep in thought, thinking about only one person. If anything, Zitao was probably dead right now, and they could do nothing about it. 

The wolf was just sitting on the chair, hugging his knees to his chest.

"Wh-What happened?" 

As the familiar voice interrupted the room, everyone stopped their activities and turned to the entrance of the living room, gasping when they saw who was standing there. Yixing was rubbing his head, looking around at everyone was staring at him with confusion expressed in his eyes. 

Sehun was the first one to launch from his place. He stood directly in front of the other and sighed.

"You're awake." his voice was laced with sadness, but he was incredibly relieved. The healer in front of him looked at the young boy confused before shaking his head.

"What are you talking about?" Lay asked, looking around the other's who were all surprised at his appearance.

"You've been asleep for a couple of days now." Suho explained, and just as he was about to tell the other what had happened exactly - Lu Han had filled them all in after they had made their way down the stairs - he heard Kyungsoo groan again from beside him. Just as he was about to start again, he thought about something suddenly. "Yixing! Think you can do a little healing?" he wondered, and the healer looked even more confused until he saw the amount of blood that was rushing out of Kyungsoo's body.

The boy looked very pale - it was a sure thing that he was about to die from the blood loss. Rushing over, he looked at Kyungsoo and smiled.

"Bet your glad to see me." He whispered, and KYungsoo nodded instantly.

Yixing moved his hand over the boy's torso before he closed his eyes and felt the power surge from his hands to the other's body. The younger bit his lip and groaned when he felt his wound close up completely. He gasped when it closed and he stared up at the healer.

Oh god it really was good to see him.

He tried to sit up so he could hug the other and apologise over and over again, but the pain hadn't quite subsided yet, and he fell backwards.

Yixing shook his head with a smile.

"Stay down Kyungsoo. Whatever it is, it can wait until later, okay?" He whispered, and his voice soothed Kyungsoo completely. The boy nodded and smiled.

When the healer moved backwards, he looked around and frowned.

There was one person missing.

"Where's Zitao?" He asked, and he saw every single person's face darken at the exact same time. "Guys... where is he?" Yixing repeated, but the other's just bit their lips and stayed silent. It was like they didn't even want to admit that he was gone.

But someone had to tell him.

"Kris has him." It was the angel that had spoken up. "He tried to kill me, and when everyone was focused on me he grabbed him..."

The healer shook his head.

"There's something else. Tell me the full thing." That was the thing about Yixing, he had another sense that let him know when someone wasn't telling him everything. 

"He didn't struggle. Zitao just went with him on his own accord."

Lay gulped before he shook his head. As everyone else he couldn't believe what the young boy had done that, and until he got a reason out of Zitao's own mouth.

...

Baekhyun tilted his head ever so slightly at the boy that was currently sitting on a chair, his hands chained behind his back by a metal the necromancer had never seen before and his head down looking at his feet. He had never seen someone so fragile before - he had obviously been beaten beforehand, but even still, he looked beautiful - and completely and utterly interesting. Moving forward, he put out his hand and lay it on the boy's shoulder, chuckling a little when the other flinched at the touch.

"It's alright." Baekhyun whispered, kneeling on the floor so he could see the other's face. "I'm not going to hurt you."

The boy just stayed still. Other than frightened the others face resinated anger and betrayal.

"Do you like him then?" It was the demon from before who had enquired his help.

Naturally, Baekhyun was not going to agree until he saw entirely what he was going to get in return, and when this precious boy was brought over he couldn't say no. The necromancer grinned once again before he looked up at the other and nodded his head. He stood up again and walked to the man who was still looking at him very sternly. 

Putting his hand on his hips, he tilted his head.

"So, who or what am I resurrecting exactly?" He wondered, smiling.

Just as the other was going to speak, Baekhyun put up his finger and pressed it against the other's lips.

"But first, tell me your name and then tell that boy's name and then we can get on to business."

The demon rolled his eyes before pushing the other's hand away and groaning.

"My name is Jongdae or Chen if you like." The man said, before taking a deep breath and pointing to the other boy on the chair who was now glaring at him. "That over there, is Xiumin. Be careful, he's an arch angel and pretty powerful."

Baekhyun's eyes widened at the new information.

He turned to Xiumin but the other hardly looked like a powerful angel at all. But then again, he assumed that Jongdae had done something to him beforehand to get him to calm down. Turning back to the other, he looekd him up and down before something clicked in his head.

Grinning, he pointed his finger at Jongdae's face.

"You're an angel too! My god, I get a lot of angel visitors these days." He said, but his smile was wiped off his mouth as Jongdae rushed forward.

He gripped onto the necromancers wrist and his voice was louder than before.

"What other angel came to you?"

Baekhyun his lips.

"His name was Suho. But, before I give you any more information about my previous clients, what is it that you want from me." The necromancer said, his tone of voice becoming less and less happy because he was getting increasingly annoyed with the other's lack of information.

Jongdae's face softened before he chuckled.

"An old monster. One that can actually fulfill my request."

...

...


A/N: Hope you enjoyed this! Sorry for the wait, really :/ Maybe a little upvote, comment or subscribe?