Episode 2

Darkened Skies and Surprises

Kyungsoo just sat on the opposite chair and stared at the mysterious stranger in their house. Just stared.

Lay shuffled nervously on his seat.

“…Can I help you?” Lay asked, looking straight into Kyungsoo’s eyes. The other boy sighed.

“How did you heal yourself?” he asked.

“Because of my powers.”

“Why did you have to use a mirror?”

Zitao and Lu Han were extremely annoyed that their brother was making their guest feel so damn uncomfortable. The healer sighed but he rather understood the question and the confusion.

“In my hands, I hold the power to heal stuff, but it’s hard to do it to myself. So I use my reflection, in that case it was acting as another person, so it’s easier that way. Understand?” he said, and Kyungsoo slowly nodded.

“I guess so?” Kyungsoo whispered, and Lay nodded. “How did you know what I could do?” he wondered.

It was bugging him for the full time Lay was over here.

Just a flashback of what happened, spiked his curiosity even more.

“Smash your… f-fist on the ground!”

Kyungsoo eyed the other again, and waited for his question to be answered. It was a little scary that the fact they had no idea what was happening, and someone suddenly comes around and they know everything about them? It was certainly suspicious.

“Well, actually, I’ve been looking for you guys.” Lay answered.

Now this conversation intrigued Zitao and Lu Han and the moved closer to the boy on the couch.

“I heard about you all, from someone else, and I heard that you guys were just coming into your power, so I’d thought I’d come help.”

Zitao furrowed his eyebrows a little.

“Heard from who?” he asked, but Lay shook his head.

“I can’t tell you just now. But, for now, I’m here to help you control your powers.” Lay looked at the three of them simultaneously and smiled as kindly as possible. “And you’ll never know when you need someone like me.”

That sentence elicited fear in the three of them.

Lu Han spoke first.

“…Are we going to get hurt?” he asked, but Lay shook his head.

“Not… likely.”

There was so much doubt in his voice.

“Oh great.” Zitao whispered.

A day had passed, and Kyungsoo was getting rather annoyed at the youngest. Soon enough, Tao had already came out of his shell, and was considerably becoming more and more excited all because he was getting more control over his power. And was using it for his personal gain all the time.

That very morning, Tao had used his power to stop time to gain two more hours of sleep.

Kyungsoo didn’t really appreciate that, considering the boy had only managed to stop time in his bedroom, meaning that everything else was continuing on like normal.

So Kyungsoo came out of his room three hours later.

Safe to say he was really annoyed.

Lay was busy trying to help Lu Han build on his own powers, but it seemed that he could only move things when they were hurling towards him, or when he was trembling in fear.

But Lay wasn’t going to try and force him, all he had to do was help him practice.

“Okay, let’s just try that again okay?” Lay said, and he picked up the small ball again, and lay it on his hand. Lu Han nodded and he closed his eyes a little, before he opened them and focused directly on the ball, trying to direct all of his energy onto moving that ball.

‘Come on Lu Han.’, he thought.

Taking a deep breath, he brought up one of his hands and pointed it directly onto the ball, and flicked it a little, before his eyes widened when the ball rolled out of the other’s hand and onto the floor.

“I did it!” he shouted, clapping his hands excitedly.

Lay chuckled and nodded, smiling at him.

“Let’s do it again!” The healer said, and the older boy nodded, excited to try and do it again.

At this point, Zitao entered the room and watched as his eldest brother moved the ball across the room once again. He grinned and moved over to him, patting him on the shoulder.

“Well done!” he said, and Lu Han swung his arm around his baby brother and grinned at Lay.

“Thanks! How are you getting on?” he asked, turning to face Zitao properly as he awaited his answer.

“Fine! I can’t stop time to the extent of the whole city like the first time, but I can do one room!” Zitao said, laughing a little as the thought about what he did the morning with his brother flickered through his mind. “I’ll get it.” He said, grinning.

“You guys are already progressing so fast.” Lay said, moving over to both of them and placing comforting hands on their shoulders.

All of them began talking excitedly.

That is until they heard a scream coming from another room.

“!”

Zitao, Lu Han and Lay’s eyes widened as they heard Kyungsoo’s loud voice ripping through the atmosphere. All of them didn’t even discuss anything, but they all bolted to where they heard the scream. Once they reached their, Lu Han bolted in first and stopped instantly when he saw Kyungsoo was in the middle of facing off towards a mysterious person with a large hood covering their face.

And who was holding a rather large sword.

“G-Guys?” Kyungsoo stuttered, not moving back because he was sure he’d probably hit a wall, but he was terrified right now.

Two minutes ago, Kyungsoo was fixing his bed, happily listening to some music, until he was interrupted by the sound of his rather large window crashing, and a mysterious figure rolling into his room holding a very large sword and aiming it right at him.

Someone trying to kill him just after he found out about his powers?

Coincidence?

Kyungsoo really hoped so.

Lu Han could feel Lay put a reassuring hand on his back, and he knew what the other was trying to tell him.

‘Okay Lu Han, you can do it.’

Focusing on the rather large sword in the stranger’s hand, he put out his hand inconspicuously, and he flicked his fingers to the side, grinning when he saw the sword fly out of the man’s hand and fly to the floor.

Just as the stranger was about to run towards it, Lay pushed past them both and grabbed it first, pointing it to the stranger’s chest.

“Don’t move.” He ordered.

Lay glanced to Kyungsoo and tried to motion for him to use his powers.

But Kyungsoo had already frozen up.

Just by thinking about how this could be what would be happening every day from now on.

Zitao rolled his eyes a little.

“Who are you?!” he shouted, trying to get a little bit of information.

The stranger’s face turned to him, but Tao still couldn’t see his eyes at all or his face, it was just shrouded in darkness.

And there was no answer.

But the next thing happened so quickly.

The mysterious stranger ran forward and gripped onto the sword, moving too fast for Lay to even see him coming, and with that, he took a hold of the handle and kicked Lay backwards, before moving quickly to Kyungsoo, and plunging the sword into the boy’s arm, making him scream out loud.

“Kyungsoo!” Zitao shouted, and all of a sudden, everything around him froze.

He should really have done this at the start.

Moving forward, he took a hold of the sword and slowly pulled it out of his brother’s arm, before taking a hold of it and then stopping.

He couldn’t just stab a guy.

Pursing his lips, he looked around and tried to figure out what to do.

The open window behind the intruder sparked his interest, and almost immediately, he threw the sword out of it, before pushing the stranger onto the floor and returning back to his previous space.

Now, how to make time start again. Closing his eyes, he focused hard to make it start again. No matter how cool the time stopping was, he was always rather frightened that it would never start again. But luckily, everything started to move again.

Kyungsoo fell backwards onto the bed with the wound on his arm, and the stranger groaned when he found himself on the floor. Moving up, he stared at the four boys in the room before he dived out of the window, startling the rest of them as they watched him.

Everything was silent, until Lu Han realised his brother was groaning in pain.

“Kyungsoo!” he shouted, running over to his brother who had a hole in his arm, and pressing his fingers against his hair to try and soothe him a little. “Lay!” he shouted, and almost instantly the healer turned up beside him, slightly pushing him away before he helped Kyungsoo sit up who winced when he did, but he tried to put on a strong face.

“Stay still.” Lay said, before he held up the other’s injured arm and used his other hand to heal him slowly.

Kyungsoo let out a small growl as he felt the muscles and bones in his arms slowly attach again, and he didn’t really expect to feel this bad when Lay was working his magic on him.

Once it was finished, Kyungsoo let out the breath he was holding and sighed.

“That was close.” He whispered, and everyone else in the room nodded in agreement.

“Lay? Any idea what just happened?” Tao asked, but the healer shook his head.

“No… I don’t know who that was.” He admitted.

Zitao sighed and fell back against the wall.

“I’m so nervous.” Zitao whispered, fiddling with his hands as he tapped his feet, completely trembling. Flipping his hair back a little, he looked over at the door, just to see if it was his turn yet.

A hand moved on his shoulder and comfortingly rubbed it.

“You’ll do fine!” Kyungsoo whispered, smiling at his baby brother.

It was Tao’s first job interview, and the boy was completely nervous.

“Seriously, everything will be cool.”

Tao nodded, trying to get the other’s advice to fill his head, trying to think good thoughts. Good and happy thoughts.

Well, it worked until the door opened and his name was called.

“Huang Zitao?” a woman asked, and he slowly put up his hand before he stood up and walked away from his brother who was shooting him inspirational sentences.

Kyungsoo chuckled before he lay back and decided to wait for his little brother to come out. He was admitting for a position in a magazine, Tao had pretty good artistic skills, so he’d start off as a magazine designer’s assistant, and hopefully move up from there.

It was nice to see him focusing on employment, and not the crazy things happening around his life.

Unlike his other brother who was obsessed with building up his own power.

Sighing, he chuckled before he began tapping his foot, feeling a little impatient and certainly nervous for his brother.

“Hey.”

Someone interrupted his rather quiet thoughts, and Kyungsoo turned to see that someone had occupied the vacant seat beside him, someone rather handsome, but did he really look like he needed someone to talk to him?

“Uh hey.” Kyungsoo replied, shooting him a kind smile before his gaze moved back to the carpet.

“Waiting for a job interview?” the stranger asked, and Kyungsoo shook his head.

“No, my brother is in just now though.” Kyungsoo glanced at the other before he looked away once again. But the other was pretty consistent in the conversation part.

“What job is he looking for?” The boy asked.

“Magazine designer.” He looked over at the other and smiled, deciding to keep his eyes on him this time. Besides, the other wasn’t that bad looking anyway. The other guy grinned at his action and shuffled a little closer to him. “Are you here for an interview?” Kyungsoo asked.

“No actually, I already work here. I’m actually the designer.” The guy said, and Kyungsoo’s cheeks flushed.

“Oh…” he whispered, feeling a little embarrassed.

“My name is Kai, by the way.” The boy smiled and offered his hand which the other immediately took.

“Kyungsoo, that’s my name.”

“Well, hopefully your brother becomes my assistant.” Kai chuckled, taking his hand away.

Kyungsoo nodded and smiled back.

They were about to chat again, before the interview door opened and his brother stepped out.

Kyungsoo immediately stood up and walked over to Tao.

“So? How’d it go?” he asked, but Tao shook his head.

“Uh I never got it.” The boy shrugged and smiled sadly at him. Kyungsoo sighed and hugged him a little.

“Sorry bro.” Turning around, he nearly bumped into Kai who was standing very close.

“Hey Kyungsoo, stay there for a second.” Kai said before he moved away and into another room.

Tao looked after him and looked at his brother confused.

“Who was that?” he asked.

Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders.

“Just a guy, sorry.” Kyungsoo said, but Tao chuckled and nudged him playfully on the shoulder.

“Just a guy, huh?” he said, smiling.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. He liked Tao when he was all gloom much better.

Wasn’t so annoying.

Just then, Kai walked back out with another adult.

Tao looked at them and realised that it was the woman who interviewed him.

“Huang Zitao?” the woman said, and although Tao was a little annoyed that the woman didn’t remember him from only a minute ago, he nodded instantly. “Well, Jongin here has decided to give you the job as his assistant.” Zitao’s eyes widened at the information.

Kyungsoo stared at Kai who grinned.

“Kim Jongin is the designer of the magazine.” The woman explained, and Tao’s mouth fell agape.

When she left, Tao turned to the other.

“Thank you!” he exclaimed, his eyes shining brightly.

“No problem, you start work next Monday.” Kai explained, shaking his hand and grinning. “See you later Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo waved at him a little.

“Thank you for flirting with him!” Tao shouted, running up to him and wrapping his arms around the other’s neck. “Thank you!”

Although Kyungsoo was happy for him, he pushed him away and glared.

“I was not flirting.” He said, glaring. But Tao only giggled before he happily left the workplace.

“And… GO!” Lay shouted, diving behind the couch as Lu Han started to lift the knifes on the table with his hands, flicking his fingers to shoot them out into the air one by one as he hit the targets that were placed in different places on the wall. Taking a deep breath, Lu Han grinned when he hit each one of them square in the middle, making him very proud and confident.

“See? You didn’t have to duck.” Lu Han said to the healer who reappeared.

“It was for precautions.” Lay explained before he grinned. “You are doing exceptionally well!” he exclaimed, grinning at him.

Lu Han was making amazing progress considering it had only been about a week since he had discovered his powers. It was rather amazing to see him aim so perfectly with the knives. He was certainly a natural.

The older boy grinned, glad to be praised so much.

Just as he was about to use his powers of telekinesis to bring the knives back in, the front door was opened and his brothers appeared.

“Hey guys!” he shouted over.

“Lu Han! I got the job!” Tao shouted, running over to them and grinning.

“Congratulations.” Lay and Lu Han said in unison.

After a minute of peaceful silence, Lay moved over to Kyungsoo who was currently in the kitchen fixing himself something to eat.

“Hey Kyungsoo.” He said, and the other hummed in acknowledgement as he continued with what he was doing. “We need to talk.” The healer explained, and this certainly caught the other’s attention.

“What about?” The other asked, stopping and folding his arms across his chest.

“Your powers.” Lay said.

“What about them?” he wondered.

“You’ve not been using them.”

Kyungsoo sighed and kicked at the ground a little.

Lay was right though, he wasn’t using his powers. He didn’t want to, the situation from the other day was still making him terrified, and for some reason he thought that if he got stronger and focused on his powers then people like that would continue to have them. But if he just went on living a normal life, then he would be completely fine.

“Can I ask why?”

The other sighed.

“Because… I don’t want to.” Kyungsoo admitted.

“You may have to.” The healer explained, but that wasn’t what Kyungsoo really wanted to hear.

“No, I won’t have to. Because I shouldn’t have to.” He was getting a little angry.

“Please Kyungsoo, at least for precautions.” Lay was trying his best to convince the other.

“No, there shouldn’t be any other threats. At all.”

“Just in case though—“

“No! I just want to forget about them.”

Lay sighed and left the room instantly, knowing that if he pushed it even further Kyungsoo was likely to snap and he wasn’t a person Lay really wanted to see get angry, especially with his strength. He would just have to focus on the other two just now, and hope that that would be enough.

When he got back, he saw that Lu Han was continuing to practice with the knives, and Zitao was simply on his phone at the table.

He just hoped that there wouldn’t be any more attacks until Kyungsoo had come around. Walking over, he felt his own phone vibrate in his pocket, and the other two brothers looked over at him.

Picking it up, he spoke quietly into the phone, making sure that the other two couldn’t hear his conversation.

Zitao and Lu Han glanced at each other before looking back at the healer when he put away his phone.

“Everything alright?” Lu Han asked.

Lay nodded before he started treading towards the front door.

“Where are you going?” Tao asked, moving over to the healer.

“I need to go. I’ll be back soon, and hopefully with information on who attacked you guys.” Lay said, putting his hand on the knob and turning it, opening the door and smiling back at the other two.

Both of them nodded and watched as Lay left.

“Think everything’s okay?” Zitao asked, and Lu Han nodded.

“Yeah, don’t worry.”

But both of them felt something uneasy build up in their stomach, and they realised they felt much better with Lay around.

Hopefully he’d be back soon.


Upvote and subscribe please! <3

Next episode: 26/06/2013