Chapter 3

Becoming the Best of the Best
     It had been days since Dasom last spoke to HyoRin. It wasn't like they glared each other down once they possessed the chance. It was more of not acknowledging one another's presence whatsoever. Everyone had their mixed emotions about the whole ordeal.
     HyoRin was regretful, but not enough to allow her to become the first to cave in. Dasom was terrified of what would arise without the protection of her friend. YoSeob was worried for the two and often arrived to comfort them. KiKwang was just glad he obtained more friends than HyoRin at this point.
 
     YoSeob ususally offered to apogize for one another since they both refused to do so.
-
     Instead of focusing on the constant loneliness of not having her best friend around, HyoRin devoted most of her time into KiKwang, and how she could squash the little bug. She continuously visited the gym and the library to brush up on certain things, since KiKwang seemed to be taking the lead in everything at the moment.
 
     KiKwang, though, just sat back and watched the stars in the sky, not even caring about anything.
 
     YoSeob was very regretful. Was this his fault? Had he unintentionally torn the two girls apart? He watched as HyoRin came to school everyday looking like she just got ran over. Sometimes, she would take quick naps in the restroom just to get her energy somewhat back. She felt great afterwards, though.
 
     She wasn't falling apart, not at all. She was just simply being pushed harder by the only person that didn't want to see her fail. Herself.
 
     Dasom's situation was..... odd. She stopped talking to KiKwang altogether, which startled the boy since everyone wanted to talk to him. Everyone. She did communicate more so she did slowly start coming out of her small shell.

KiKwang's POV
 
 Monthly test: Math
 
     HyoRin is cute, really. Threatening me before class and all. Dasom as well. She told me to purposely get a lower mark than HyoRin just so they could talk again. I'm scoffing right now just thinking about it. What bad friends. Me and YoSeobbie would never get into a petty argument like that. Besides, last test, HyoRin barely beat my marks, so this is a comeback.
     I couldn't help but feel a bit betrayed, though. YoSeob still likes me, right. He wouldn't leave me like Dasom left HyoRin, would he? Even if something bad were to slip out? I hope not, because he's got a y sister and I would hate not being invited to his house anymore.
 
 
"Alright, class. You may begin."

Next day - HyoRin's POV
 
     I felt my heart rate speed up the closer she got to my name. Apparently, KiKwang, the jackass got a 98, something he rarely manages to do.
 
"Lee HyoLyn!"
 
 
Silence.
 
 
"97."
 
     I rocketed off my seat in pure anger.
 
"WHAAT!?" I screamed.
 
 
.............................................
 
 
Wait................
 
Everybody-
 
 
Everybody's looking at me.
 
 
 
Oh my God.