Six and counting

Nothing Better

I was listening to this while writing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFgWq2nJy0A

I think it totally sets the mood of this chapter!

Thanks for your kind words and support! :)

 

-

 

 

 

The two of them have never been more excited for a Thursday. Today was the day they could publicly see each other without the paparazzi making up stories, after all, they were getting together for work. Promos regarding the upcoming couple on Hello Baby stirred up so much news, especially for Hottest and Khuntoria fans, who restarted their argument about whether or not the two “deserved” to be together. At first, Nichkhun would get upset by Hottest fans who trash talked Victoria out of jealously, but over time, more Khuntoria fans fought back, making him realize that true fans would and should love him regardless of the decisions he makes as long as they want him to be happy. It took a lot of convincing from his 2PM brothers, who insisted that they didn’t care for any fans that didn’t like them for who they were – typical of the beast idols to throw away all traditional idol group rules. Victoria would too, be upset by the harsh comments of rude fans, but realized that what her and Nichkhun had were way more important than her ego. She’d always been a strong person and it was a bonus that every time she got upset, her loving boyfriend would be at her door with vanilla ice cream in hand, ready to cheer her up.

            Nichkhun checked himself in the rear view mirror one last time before starting the car towards f(x)’s dorm. He got to f(x)’s dorm and was greeted at the door by his four screaming daughters.

            “Appa! We haven’t seen you in so long! You guys are such a big hit in Japan, we’re so proud to be your babies!” Luna clapped.

            “Are you excited to move out with omma?” Krystal joked. We’ve always been expecting this day to come, but we didn’t know it’d be this quick!”

            “Don’t do anything you don’t want our new baby brother to see!” Amber added.

            “Yah yah, who said you guys can talk about stuff like that?” Nichkhun scolded jokingly. “I have clearly failed as a father! Where’s your omma?”

            The girls pointed in the direction of her room.

            “Good girls! I bought you guys warm drinks from Starbucks. Figured you guys would be cold and lazy.” He picked out the specially marked Vanilla latte before handing them the tray of drinks.

            “Aiish, you didn’t even ask what we like to drink! Of course he already knew what Vic-omma likes to drink.” Sulli rolled her eyes jokingly. “How nice would it be to have a boyfriend?!”

            “Yah yah, make sure I approve of him before you start dating! As your appa, I think it’s time I stepped up!” Nichkhun joked before heading to Victoria.

            “Hi honey!” Nichkhun said excitedly as he gave her a back hug, taking in the familiar scent of her Daisy perfume.

            Victoria turned around and gave him a kiss on the cheek. “Hi babe. I’m hungry. Let’s go.”

            “What do you want to eat? I was thinking of going to a Chinese porridge place. It’s so cold outside today, I thought you’d like something warm.”

            “Mmmm, sounds yummy! I haven’t had Chinese food in so long!”

            “Okay, I’ll grab your stuff and load it into the car.”

            “Thanks.” She said, putting on the scarf he had left her with the day they ended We Got Married.

            “Omo, you still wear it?”

            “Of course! It’s kept me warm all Winter” she said, suddenly embarrassed and hid behind the scarf.

            “Let’s go.” He said, taking her luggage in one hand and holding her hand with his free.

            “Wow, you’re so strong.” She praised, flustered as she thought about his 6-pack secretly.

            “Of course! I need to protect you with these muscles.” He winked, flexing ever so slightly.

 

            -

 

            After lunch, the couple went to Baby’s R’ Us to buy what they needed for the baby. The production cast had given them a limitless budget, so the new parents were more than excited to shop for their new baby boy.

            Nichkhun handed her his iPad, with the list they had made over the phone one night. “Here! This way we won’t forget anything!”

            “Let’s go go go!” Victoria cheered, causing the sales staff to laugh. “Let’s see. Let’s pick out his crib first!”

            “Yeah, his crib is important. I wouldn’t want him sleeping in between us! There’s no space for him!”

            “Our bed is big enough for three!”

            “Ani! I’m not letting it happen! You’re all mine at bed time!” He pouted.

            She loved how easily he got jealous even though it was with their baby.

            “Omo! Let’s get this white one!... and the baby blue bedding!” she pointed excitedly. “The pillows are so small! Ohhh so cute!”

            “I read somewhere that kids sleep better in yellow environments.” He said, pointing to the bedding of the exact same design in light yellow.

            “Wow, you’re such a good appa!” She said; amazed by the information he studied. She hadn’t expected him to research on their baby, but it was obvious now that they were in this together. “Let’s get the yellow!”

            “Omo, look how cute this is! I’m sure he’d love to see stars!” he picked up a plush mobile with stars dangling.

            “As if having two stars for parents wasn’t enough.” Victoria joked. “But this is so pretty! Let’s get it!” she said, taking the mobile from his hand. “I think you’ll like playing with his toys more than he’d enjoy them!”

            After picking up all the necessities and toys, the two proceeded to choosing baby clothes.

            “I’ve always wanted to wear a couple item with my kids and wife, like those families you see on TV.” Nichkhun said, rummaging through the rack of mini clothing.

            “Wah, that would be so cute!” She agreed, imagining what a pretty image it would be in her head. “Come to think of it, we have a lot of couple clothing that we can wear now that it won’t cause national scandals.”

            “Good think I packed all of them!”

            “Oh, me too!”

            “I think this is what people call lovebird telepathy!” he said, high fiving her. “But now we have to pick something for our baby! We can’t leave him out!”

            They spent the next 15 minutes looking for couple items for the three of them.

            “I think I want a baby girl in the future. It seems like they have so many more cute clothing.” Victoria beamed, holding up a little red dress. “How cute is this?”

            “This is kind of cute too!” Nichkhun said, holding up a small milk-white cable knitted sweater from Lacoste. We can all wear white sweaters for the Winter season, and I’m sure our son would love the little crocodile!

            “Oh, this is cute! I like it!” she agreed, putting down the little red dress. I guess having a boy isn’t so bad.”

            “Our babies will be cute no matter what.” He assured her, causing her to blush. “If we have a girl, she should look like you, because you’re pretty. But if we have a boy, I’ll make sure he treats you like a queen.”

            “Just like the way you treat your mom! She’s really a lucky woman. She raised wonderful children.” She said, patting his hand.

            “And she also has good luck with daughter-in-laws!” he tickled her slightly. “Okay, lets go get groceries and then we’ll head home to set up? Is there anything else we need?”

            “Ani. What do you want for dinner?” Victoria asked, absent-mindedly checking the list on the iPad.

            “Seafood soup!” Nichkhun his lips. “And rice cakes!”

            After getting groceries and necessities, the two headed for the car.

            “I’m going to return the cart.” Nichkhun said, walking back towards the mart. He hurriedly ran towards the florist after making sure Victoria was out of sight. He bought a bouquet of thirteen roses and made sure they were wrapped nicely. He hid them behind his back as he ran towards the car, where Victoria had her head down, fingers swiping the screen as she tried to slice the fruit on her screen.

            “Happy 6th month anniversary!” Nichkhun said, holding out the bouquet proudly like a little boy.

            “Omo! Wah, these are so pretty!” She exclaimed, eyes twinkling. She reached over and gave Nichkhun a hug. “I didn’t even realize it’s been 6 months already!”

            “Yup! Today’s the 1st of February!” he said, continuing to be proud.

            “I’m really touched that you remembered.” She said, raising the bouquet to smell it.

            “Do you know that thirteen roses mean in flower language?”

            “Ani. But it must be something cheesy!”

            “It means I’ll love you forever and ever.”

            “Forever is a long time you know.”

            “And I can’t wait to spend the rest of it with you.”

 

            -

 

            They returned to their familiar house to see a box of their old decorations sitting by the door. The staff must have brought it back. The two, just as they had in We Got Married, ran around the house to set up the decorations and picture frames. They replaced the wall-stickers that Sulli and Yongdae had put up with empty photo frames, in preparation of pictures with KiTeok. After cleaning every inch of the kitchen and unloading the groceries, the two went upstairs to unpack their clothing and set up the bed.

            “Mmmm, the smell of clean sheets is the best!” Victoria smiled, lying down on the freshly made bed.

            “Daebak. We should just nap and forget about cleaning up.” Nichkhun said, lying beside her. He turned around to look at her angelic face. He wished he could wake up to this face everyday. He carefully slipped his arm under the nape of her neck. “This is the first time we’ve slept on the same bed! Are you nervous?” he asked, jokingly.

            “Ani, we’ve done this before. Remember that night when we passed out together before filming ended at Maldives?”

            “That didn’t count! We were so tired that we didn’t even realize it!”

            “What about the time we fell asleep at your dorm while watching Harry Potter?”

            “That didn’t count either. That was also an accident. And Taecyeon walked in on us, so it wasn’t even a proper sleep!”

            She cuddled in closer to him. “Does it count if we sleep like this?” She listened to his heartbeat. “…Listen to my heart beat…” she sang.

            “… it’s beating for you!” he adlibbed, making her giggle.

            “Get up, get up! Unpack the clothes and then we can rest. Are you hungry?”

            “Starving.”

            The two emptied their suitcases into their halves of the closet before heading downstairs. They cooked dinner happily and talked about everything. Victoria did the dishes while Nichkhun set up the crib and play area for the baby.

            The crib was built in the sub-room of their bedroom upstairs, with that being the new baby room. Victoria put all the new clothes in the wash and wiped everything so that it was ready for use. They were done at midnight and were exhausted by then. Moving in was fun, but it took a lot more energy than they thought. They looked in admiration at the new baby room and hugged at the door.

            “Do you think he’ll like it?” she asked.

            “He’ll love it, I promise. I’m kind of nervous for him to come. What if we’re bad parents?”

            “We can be bad parents together then!” she joked.

            “I’m so tired. Go shower first, and then let’s head to bed?”

            “Sounds good.” She yawned.

           

            -

 

            Nichkhun came out of the bathroom in a white v-neck and navy plaid pajama pants. He looked at Victoria, in his white v-neck and red plaid shorts, lying belly down as she continued to finsh her Fruit Ninja game.

            “Asa!” she exclaimed after getting a new high score. “Nichkhun! Are you ready to sleep yet? I’ve mastered the art of fruit slicing in the time it took you to shower!” she complained jokingly.

            Nichkhun wrapped his arms around her as he laid beside her, smelling like fresh mint from their toothpaste. “Trying to get me in bed already?” he moved his eyebrows around, making Victoria giggle.

            “Ani! Ani!” she denied. “You don’t have to sleep, you can just watch me!” she said, rolling over to climb under the covers.

            Nichkhun the bedside lamps and turned off the lights to the room. “Ani! I want to sleep with you!” he climbed in beside her, tickling her.

            “Yah! Okay, stop tickling me!” she pleaded, attempting to push him away.

            “Come here.” He pulled her over to him, wrapping his arms around her.

            A comfortable silence fell between them as Victoria continued to listen to his heartbeat. Nichkhun smiled to himself, peeking at Victoria with her eyes closed. Her hand rested on his chest as he reached over to turn off the light.

            “Nichkhun,” she started gently.

            “Yup?”

            “Have you done this with many girls before me?”

            “Have kids? Nope! You’re the first, I swear!”

            “Ani! You know what I mean!”

            “You’re the second person I’ve cuddled and fell asleep with… and would be the second person I’d have with… not that I’m hinting… but not that I’m saying I don’t want you…” he continued nervously. “The first was with my ex-girlfriend back in Thailand, that was way before I became a trainee though.”

            “Really? You have girls lined up at your door! You can tell me the truth, I won’t be hurt or jealous!”

            “I’m not lying! I know it may seem like guy idols are all promiscuous, but we’re really all talk.” He laughed. “And plus, we really don’t have time to sleep around.”

            “That makes me feel better… to know that I’m not just someone you want to sleep with.”

            “You’re way more important than that. What about you? I know a lot of hyung who are jealous of me right now!”

            “You’re second for both things also…” she said shyly. “The first was with my ex-boyfriend of two years from China.”

            “Our past doesn’t matter, what’s important is our future. I’m glad we got this talk out of the way though… I was kind of hoping to ask you about it causally, just so we don’t have to guess around. We really do think alike!” he said, kissing her on the forehead. “I know I’ve said this a lot, but I really mean it when I say I love you.”

            “I love you too.” She said, lifting her head to kiss him on the cheeks.

            He rolled her over with one quick motion, hovering over her before deepening the kiss. He pulled away before it lead to anything more, returning back to their original cuddling positions. If Nichkhun wasn’t such a gentleman, we’d have better stories to tell!

            “Goodnight babe.” He said softly.

            “See you in the morning.” She could get used to this, she thought, before drifting off to sleep.