Damsel in Distress

Nothing Better

“ACHOO!” Victoria sneezed, bringing a tissue up to her nose.

            “Onni, are you sure you’re good to practice today? I’m sure manager oppa won’t mind if you call today off. We have so much time before our comeback anyway.” A concerned Sulli asked, handing Victoria a handful of pills.

            “Yeah, I’ll be fine!” Victoria said stubbornly. “I’ve had worse colds and have been able to trooper through it.”

            “Okay, but if you’re really not feeling well just let us know!”

            “Arasso arasso, I’m supposed to be the omma here! Come on, lets go practice!”

            All 5 sweaty girls plopped on the floor, rubbing their legs as they looked at the clock. It was already 10:30 at night, which meant they spent over 12 hours at the studio again. Victoria became weaker and weaker, but refused to make her members miss practice time because of her.

            Bzzzzbzzz… Victoria’s new phone vibrated. She looked at the screen and smiled when she saw a picture of Nichkhun pop up beside a notification of incoming text.

            Nichkhun: Are you girls done practicing yet?

            Victoria: I think we’re done for the night. Just stretching on the floor now.

            Nichkhun: Are you feeling better? Or has your cold gotten worse?

            Victoria: I feel great! Don’t worry!

            Nichkhun: Nice try babe, Sulli already texted me earlier. I knew you’d say that.

            Victoria looked at Sulli, who avoided her gaze.

            Victoria: I swear, I’m better!

            Nichkhun: Did you eat dinner yet?

            Victoria: Ani. I don’t have much of an appetite. T.T I just want to go home and sleep.

            Nichkhun: Open the back door please!

            Victoria got up and headed downstairs for the door in anticipation of Nichkhun. She wanted to text him so many times during the day but was afraid he’d get worried and over protective as he was now. She smiled weakly as Nichkhun put his palm on her forehead, suddenly becoming a doctor and checking her temperature.

            “I thought you said you were feeling better?” Nichkhun asked? “You’re a horrible liar, you know.”

            “I know.” She frowned. “I just didn’t want you to be worried.”

            “That’s what boyfriends are for! That’s a bad excuse so if you lie to me again, I’m going to be really mad.” He pouted, making her giggle.

            “I want to go home.” Victoria whined, leaning into Nichkhun.

            “Let me drive you home after you eat.”

            “Eat?”

            Nichkhun held out a thermos and a bag of takeout. “I brought the pasta, and made congee for you”

            Victoria wrapped her hands tightly around his waist. “I’m so touched. Thanks Nichkhun.”

            “Boys who can cook are cool, right?” He joked. “Let’s go eat.” He said, taking her hand and leading her upstairs.

           

            “I think I’m hallucinating…” Amber said, sniffing the air. “I think I smell… cream sauce.”

            “No, it smells like butter…” Krystal corrected. “And tomatoes….”

            “Are my daughters hungry?” Nichkhun asked, pushing the door open.

            “APPA! We are starving!” they whined.

            The girls hurriedly opened up the boxes Nichkhun handed the food to them, eyes wide immediately as they thanked Nichkhun. The girls sat in a circle on the floor. Victoria leaned again the wall, sniffling as she watched her members eat. Nichkhun took a seat beside her and opened up the thermos. An appetizing smell of porridge made Victoria realize how hungry she really was. As per always, Nichkhun blew on the spoon before feeing it to Victoria.

            “Aiiish.” Amber looked in jealousy.

            “Must be nice to have a boyfriend.” Sulli sighed.

            Ignoring them, the couple continued their hands-free love affair as if their daughters were not watching.

            “Does it taste good?” Nichkhun asked eagerly, hoping he’d past the chef test.

            “Mmmhmm. Very yummy.” Victoria beamed. “It feels like I’ve regained some energy!”

            That was what Nichkhun wanted to hear. He smiled from ear to ear as he applauded himself for successfully taking care of Victoria. Seeing her so weak tugged at his heart but being there with her made him feel like the boyfriend he should be. Victoria managed to finish half the bowl of porridge before losing her appetite once again. Nichkhun then handed her some cold medication and warm peppermint tea.

            “Is there anything you can’t do?” Victoria asked as he fixed the sweater he had placed on her knees earlier.

            “Omma, appa, stop! We’re getting goosebumps!” Luna complained, rubbing her forearms.

            “Must be tough for 2PM to listen to this lovey-dovey stuff all the time.” Amber sighed, shaking her head.

            Manager oppa walked in as the girls finished cleaning up the take out containers.

            “Are you guys ready to go?”

            “Yup!” The girls said excitedly, ready to go home to their beds.

            “Hyung, do you mind if I take Victoria home myself?” Nichkhun asked.

            “Ani, it’s okay! It’s late, you should go home to rest!” Victoria insisted, shaking her head at her manager in hopes that he’d be on her side.

            “If you want to, I suppose. I have no objections.” Manager oppa said, winking at a smiling Nichkhun.

            Victoria liked being the damsel in distress for once, as fun as it was to be “Strongtoria” and Nichkhun loved that he could take care of her. Nichkhun grabbed her duffel bag and helped her into the car, turning on the heater in the car as he grabbed her hands in his, warming them up. She fell asleep shortly before getting back to f(x)’s dorm. He looked at her tired sleeping figure, noticing the weight loss. It wasn’t even comeback season yet and she was already so tired… and it broke his heart to see that. Nichkhun lead Victoria upstairs to their dorm. The members were already home, each doing their own thing. They were so much more energetic now that they were home. He waited for her to finish showering, as he had instructed her to do, and talked with the members as he asked them to update Victoria’s well being to him like they had did today. Nichkhun was thoroughly surprised by Victoria, who held his hands tightly as he sat by her bed, ready to bid her goodnight and go home. Minjae hyung and her manager oppa had mentioned that he was welcome to stay over as long as he left discreetly the next morning, but he had expected Victoria to kick him out as soon as possible. Nichkhun celebrated to himself as she weakly asked him to stay for a bit.

            “You’re keeping me warm, I like it.” She said, smiling weakly at him. Even being sick, she looked like a goddess, Nichkhun thought to himself.

            “Okay, I’ll be your personal furnace from now on.” He said, putting his arm over her and inching closer.

            “Come here.” She said, lifting the sheets and patting the small space of her single bed. “Can you stay here for a little longer?”

            “Of course.” He said, cuddling her. “I can stay here all night if you want.”

            “Really?” Victoria looked at him as she debated internally to herself. “Wouldn’t our managers get mad?”

            “Both hyungs gave me permission to stay… as long as you don’t mind.”

            “You don’t have a schedule tomorrow?”

            “Only a meeting with JYP at night. Do you want me to stay?” he asked, even though the answer was obvious.

            Victoria nodded slightly before closing her eyes. “Thanks for making me feel so safe.” She whispered in his embrace.

            Nichkhun kissed her forehead without saying anything. It took a while for him to fall asleep as he constantly checked on her. She looked peaceful for the first time that night, and he couldn’t wait to spend every night with her like this. There was a small knock on the door as the members peeped their heads through the door. Nichkhun raised a finger to his lips with his free hand, pointing to the sleeping Victoria. The girls smiled and nodded before closing the door behind them. They were so glad Nichkhun appa was there to take care of Victoria. She always tried to be so strong in front of him, it was nice to know that she finally let her guard down with someone she trusted.

 

            -

 

            Victoria woke up and squinted at the sun. She turned around and saw no one there, disappointed that she had such a realistic dream of Nichkhun being beside her last night. She sat up and stretched and jumped a little when Nichkhun, still dressed in last night’s clothing, walked in holding a steaming bowl of porridge in his hand. Victoria rubbed her eyes, finally realizing last night wasn’t a dream.

            “Good morning sicko.” He said, sitting by her bed.

            “Good morning.” She smiled. “For a second, I thought I dreamt you being here last night.” She confessed.

            “Dreaming about me? Seems like you do this often.” He wiggled his eyebrows. “I made porridge for you… do you have an appetite for it?”

            “Yes! It smells good! I feel much better today.” She beamed.

            “Then I guess my job here is done then! Shall I go?” he joked.

            “Ani ani ani!” she shook her head cutely. He loved it when she showed her ageyo. “Wait, what time do you have to go to your meeting?”

            “Not until tonight.” He said, checking his watch. “We still have all day to see each other if you’re not sick of me already.”

            “More like if you aren’t sick of me!” she said.

            “Want to sit in bed and watch dramas?” he offered.

            She nodded excitedly, “Yes! I’m obsessing over Mickey Yoochun oppa right now. He’s so cool in ‘Rooftop Prince’!”

            “Cooler than me? Is he your ideal type too?” he asked jokingly, laughing at how nervous she got when he pretended to be mad at the sad Song ShiWon hyung was her ideal type.

            “Yes!” She answered immediately.

            “If him and I fell into the water, who would you save?”

            She thought for a while…“I can’t swim, remember?”

            “Well the correct answer, without having to think, was to save your loving and handsome boyfriend.” He pouted jokingly.

            “If I could swim, I would for sure save you.” She smiled at him.

            He was about to lean in for a kiss when she blocked him, gently pushing his face away.

            “Don’t! You’re going to get sick too!” she said.

            “It’s worth the risk.” He said, kissing her.

            “Omo. I haven’t brushed my teeth!” she said, embarrassed.

            “It’s okay, still worth it.” He said, kissing her again.

           

            -

 

            Nichkhun arrived at the studio that night for his meeting, only to get harassed by 2PM and JYP who insisted on knowing all the details of his night at f(x)’s dorm. Nichkhun’s ears turned bright red as he denied any form of contact with Victoria. The boys knew Nichkhun had never been more serious with any girl, laughing at him for losing his bachelor status. They all agreed jealously that it was better for them that Nichkhun was off the market, considering that there was less competition.

            “If hyung was still available, one wink and he’d get all the girls in the world.” Junho sighed. “If only I didn’t have such small eyes.”

            “Yah yah, don’t blame it on the small eyes.” JunK. defended, looking in the reflection of his phone. “I mean, look at Rain-hyung. He’s so cool… but his eyes are just as small.”

            “And plus, you even look like him. And yet you still have no luck with the girls.” Wooyoung laughed at Junho. “Maybe it’s just your personality!” he joked, high-fiving the other members.

            “Hyung, put us on the We Got Married list too! Maybe we’ll find the love of our lives there!” Chansung pleaded to JYP.

            “You guys were always on the list… it’s up to the girls to make a match too, you know.” JYP laughed as he high-fived Nichkhun. “Thank goodness that one of the 6 of you guys got picked… otherwise that’d be embarrassing!” he continued. “Back to business. Hello Baby’s team said that they wanted the next couple of episodes to be about “summer vacation”, so they asked if you guys would be interested in going on a trip with Hello Baby and f(x) once the weather gets nicer.”

            “Hyung, do you even need to ask?!” Taecyeon beamed. “We haven’t went on vacation with girls in… well forever!”

            “Yah, you’re there to work.” JYP reminded them.

            “Yeah yeah yeah…” the boys brushed him off, excited for the vacation they were about to go on.

            “I shotty paring up with Luna!” Junho called.

            “Who says there’s going to be a pairing, you ert?!” Nichkhun nudged, his fatherly protectiveness taking over subconsciously.

            “I meant… if there was one… yah hyung, can’t you share some girls with us too? You already have the hottest one in f(x), let us get some benefits too!” he joked.

            “In that case, I want Sulli!” Chansung raised his hand excitedly.

            “I call Krystal!” Taecyeon beamed.

            “Aren’t you afraid your Tiffany is going to get jealous?” Nichkhun joked.

            “Yah yah, I don’t let women control me.” Taecyeon joked cooly.

            “PAHAHAHAH. You say this but you do the opposite” The members laughed in disbelief.

            “I want Amber!” Wooyoung said, proud that he managed to get the last female member of the group. “Hyung, I guess you can have KiTeok.” He laughed at JunK.

            “No, no one said they wanted Victoria yet!” JunK replied proudly.

            “Yah yah yah!” Nichkhun said protectively.

            “Looks like you’re on your own!” JYP joked. “Can’t help you there man, sorry.”

            “Shouldn’t you guys respect your elders?!” JunK complained as the members got up from their seats, continuing to ignore his complaints as per always.

 

 

 

--

 

This chapter is pretty much pure fluff... but more about Hello Baby and 2PM/f(x) adventures in the next chapter! :D