Hello... Baby?

Nothing Better

            “… a regular on Hello Baby.” The PD continued.

            Nichkhun was silent on the other end. He loved children more than anything. They were always so cute and so innocent; it was impossible not to love every single one of them. He smiled as he recalled the time him and Victoria babysat Tiger JK and Mirae’s son. He remembered thinking what a wonderful mother and wife she’d be one day, wishing then and there that they were actually married. He paused. The PD said nothing about who he would be working with and he doubt Victoria would be too happy if he was working with some other female artist.

            Carefully, Nichkhun asked, “PD-nim shall I ask the rest of 2PM before we make any decisions?”

            “Aniyo, this opportunity isn’t for 2PM, I’m calling for you only. I spoke to JYP–ssi and Minjae-ssi and they both thought you’d be the most suitable for this show out of 2PM. It’d be a nightmare to watch you beasts’ take care of a kid.”

            “So, I’d be working with someone else then?” Nichkhun hinted.

            “Yeah, you’d be working with a female artist, if that’s what you’re trying to get at.”

            How was he supposed to get out of this without exposing him and Victoria? He tried to think of something clever to say, but before he had the chance…

            “We were thinking of asking Victoria-ssi from f(x), considering what a hit We Got Married was for “Khuntoria”. We spoke to the We Got Married team but they said it’d be too cruel to make you guys re-marry now that your schedules are freed up.”

            Nichkhun patted his chest in relief. Attempting to not sound too excited, he asked “Did Victoria-ssi already agree to the position? I’d be more than happy to be on the show, but I don’t really see any other female idol I’d share the same chemistry with, to be honest.”

            “Yeah, we understand that too, and we know for a fact that your guys’ ratings would be super high. Even my daughters are Khuntoria fans!” the PD laughed. “I’ve arranged for a meeting with Victoria-ssi and her manager tomorrow, so have a decision for me tomorrow and come by my office at noon and we can all discuss the details.

            “Arasso PD-nim, thanks for your call. I’ll see you tomorrow!”

 

            -

 

            After calling Victoria, they both agreed that doing the show would be lots of fun, but more importantly, would give them a proper excuse to see each other each week. Nichkhun went to the living room to ask s how they felt about him being on the show, only to get mocked and made fun of for turning into an ajusshi.

            “Yah hyung, we’re supposed to be at the prime of our bachelor years! First you get married, and now you’re having kids with Victoria?!” Junho joked.

            “Yeah man, if anything, you should leave the ajusshi work to JunK hyung. Out of all of us, he’s the closest to dying, but he’s still single and lonely!” Chansung laughed, only to get tackled by JunK.

            “It’d be so much fun though! And you and Victoria will have an excuse to see each other all the time!” Taecyeon realized, making a kissy face at Nichkhun.

            “So you guys think I should accept the job?”

            “Yes, ajusshi!” They all said in unison.

 

            -

 

            “Good morning, PD-nim.” Nichkhun and Victoria bowed in unison.

            “Good morning guys, have a seat.” He motioned for the chairs at the other end of his desk.

            “I take it you guys have both made a decision?”

            “Yes, we both think it’d be a great opportunity, considering how much we love children.”

            “Perfect! I was hoping you guys would say that. So I’ll arrange pay issues with your managers, but I’ll let you guys know of the details of your work right now. So you guys have two options. We can either find you guys a new house or we can turn your “newly-wed” house from We Got Married to a baby-suitable house.”

            The two looked at each other and smiled. “Can we have our old house, please?” they asked excitedly.

            “Of course, it makes it easier for our team to set up too since we know the gist of the house already. Anyway, as of now, our baby candidate is going to be a 2 and a half year-old boy named Ki-Teok.” The PD handed them a picture.

            “Omo he’s such a cutie! He has the biggest eyes!” Victoria pointed excitedly.

            Nichkhun laughed softly at his girlfriend. This is going to be so much fun, he thought to himself as the PD continued.

            “For now, the contract for this show is set to be 8 months, with on and offs depending on the baby’s families and your other schedules. We will meet at least once a week and more if necessary. You guys will have to be semi moved into the new house as you guys are going to be living there will the baby while we are filming, so you guys will be staying over night at the house for most recordings. His parents aren’t going to be there over night and recordings will stop once the baby is asleep, so our crew will only be in the apartment beside you guys for emergencies. Do you think you guys can handle it?”

            The two of them let all that information sink in for a while. “Sounds manageable…” they both agreed.

            “Hello Baby works on a mission card kind of system too, so be ready for that. You’ll be responsible for taking KiTeok around, so we got you guys a car too. We don’t want you to expose your own car on TV, Nichkhun-ssi.”

            “Thanks, PD-nim!” Nichkhun said excitedly, forgetting the fear of mission cards that was present a second before.

            “There’s no script to this, so make it interesting yourselves. We want you guys to think of it as an actual family thing, getting groceries and cleaning everything yourselves. You guys will get used to it, it’s not like it’s your first time working with each other anyway. Here are the keys to the house, I want everything moved in by…” he looked at his calendar… “Thursday. The cameras will be set up by tomorrow. Questions?”

            The two of them shook their head in awe of how real everything was becoming all of a sudden.

            “I’ll see you guys Friday morning at the house then.”

            “Okay, thanks. Have a good day.” They bowed before leaving the office.

            Outside, they let out a sigh. Nichkhun grabbed her hand and walked around the corner, the two of them hidden by the opening of the emergency stairwell. He looked around to make sure no one was there before planting a small peck on her lips.

            “Hi beautiful.” He said, smiling at her. This was the first time they met up since 2PM got back. To be fair, he’d only been back for a day, but they had 5 months to catch up on!

            She hugged him tightly, taking in his familiar scent of Burberry Brit cologne. “I’ve missed you.” She said quietly.

            He lifted her face in his hands, kissing her gently on the forehead. “Me too.” He whispered, before bringing her back in his embrace.

            After 5 minutes of comfortable silence, the two finally returned to reality.

            “Are you ready to become a mom?” Nichkhun asked.

            “Children are so scary. Remember how much Mirae onni’s son didn’t like me? What if our baby is like that?”

            He laughed. “He did like you! He just liked playing with guys more. I’m sure if you were a guy, he would have liked you more than me!” he assured her.

            “Not helping.” She sighed. “Hwaiting! We can get through this together!” her mood suddenly changing as she motioned for a high-five. “We are Khuntoria, nothing we can’t do!”

            Nichkhun laughed at her, hands still wrapped around her waist. “I’ll come and pick you up Thursday and we can go get lunch and set up the house? I think we’re staying there on Thursday night since the baby is coming Friday… that is… if you want?” he asked, hoping she’d agree to stay the night with him.

            “I’ll have to tell the girls first, but I’m so excited to re-set up our house!” she clapped.

            “Me too! What are you up to for the rest of the day? The members and I are going to stay home and play video games to make up for the 5 months of lost time, so you’re welcome to come visit if you’re not busy later!” he offered, holding her hands in hopes she’d accept the invitation.

            “I’m helping SHINee with their new choreography for the afternoon, and then I should be free. I’ll come over to make you boys dinner?” she smiled. “Japanese takeout can’t be any better tasting than Korean takeout… unless you guys miss Korean takeout that much.”

            “Ani ani, I’d rather you come over! Text me a list of groceries and I’ll have them ready for you at home later!”

            “Okay!” She looked at her watch. “I’ve gots to head to the car, manager oppa is waiting!” She looked out to the hallway to make sure it was clear before leaving. She was almost by the elevator doors when she realized she had forgotten something. She ran back to their hiding spot and gave Nichkhun a quick kiss before running back to the elevators. “Almost forgot.” She winked quickly before running off.

            He smiled to himself, thanking the Thai-Gods for blessing him with such a wonderful girlfriend.