Denial

Fine China [ D I S C O N T I N U E D ]

Such predicaments, like the one I found myself in right now, never happened in the quiet town I came from.

Do I turn around and confront the person?
Do I start running?
Do I have any makeshift weapons?

These thoughts began attacking my mind. If I ran, I wouldn’t know where to go, and it would be just my luck to run into a dead end. After a few seconds of debating, I finally came up with my decision.

Slowly, I turned my head and I left my body still facing where it originally did, in case I made a last minute decision to run.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could make out a faint color in the distance; red. I gasped.

“Minji… What are you doing? Seriously.” The ‘attacker’ said, with a rather disgusted tone.

It was just Hakyeon.

I let out a sigh of relief. I thought I must have been going crazy. This boy was everywhere.

Hakyeon approached me and rested his hand under my chin to lift my head up. Frightened by the sudden action, I pulled away.

“Minji, you don’t look so good. In fact, you look pale. Let me at least walk you back to your place.” Hakyeon said as he grabbed my wrist.

His grip was strong, yet strangely comforting. I actually felt safe. I couldn’t think of the last time someone made me feel safe. A wave of emotions swept over me and I broke down, crying. All those times I was alone with no one to be there for me when I needed them, resurfaced in my memory. All those times I had wanted to run away just to see who cared enough to find me, were brought back to the light. All those times I had pretended to act strong because I had no other choice, came back to me. This time, they came back all at once. I felt something that I thought was impossible for me to feel— weak.

What if it wasn’t Hakyeon that was there?
What if it was someone else?
What if I had no way to defend myself?

“H-Hakyeon….” I said whilst grabbing onto him, sobbing silently.

I didn’t want him to see me like this, but what could I do?

He wrapped his arms around me securely as if to say “Let it all out, I’ll be here to listen to you if you need me to.”

“I- I just didn’t know it was you. I thought it was a bad person. I thought tonight would be the night I died..” I said trying to stifle the incoming hiccups.

“And I just… I don’t know where I am right now, it’s late, I’m cold, and I don’t know how to get home.” I pulled out of our embrace, wiping my tears.

“I just feel so… Stupid.” I concluded

“It’s okay Minji, it really is. Look, you’re still a little drunk. I’ll take you home, it’s no big deal. I want you to feel safe here.” Hakyeon said to me with a reassuring smile.

He took off his jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders. Blushing slightly, I looked away. There was no way I could make eye contact with him after acting like that.

Without much spoken as we walked, he showed me how to get back to my place.
Every now and then, our hands would brush against each other’s. I tried not to think much about it.

---

Hongbin had just finished paying for his groceries at the register. Picking up the bags, he exited the market. The bags were rather heavy. He bought a considerate amount more of the things that were not on his list. And with that said, he also spent more time trying to decide which items to get. The decision making process was a bit more difficult than he thought it would be. He silently prayed that his hyung wouldn’t mind.

As he walked, he saw two figures walking in front of him.

Squinting, he was able to recognize that one of them was Minji. He felt bad that he left Minji a bad first impression of himself, so he figured now would be a good time to apologize.

Picking up his pace, he began to think of what to say.

Suddenly, the two figures stopped. The thing was, they stopped in front of his apartment complex.

He came to an immediate halt, becoming more and more curious of what was going on.

Finally, he was able to connect the pieces of what had happened today. He realized the guy Minji was with was none other than the ‘Legendary’, Hakyeon that Ken was obsessively talking about at the orientation.

Cautiously, he checked his watch. It was almost midnight. He slipped himself behind a light pole to hide and watch them interact from a distance.

“This better be interesting…” He mumbled to himself.

---

”Thanks for taking me back, sunbae.” I said as politely as I could, with a perfect 90° bow.

Hakyeon looked at me with the most tender eyes I have ever seen. If I didn’t know any better, I would have thought we were sharing a moment.

Even if we were, that moment quickly vanished when he awkwardly cleared his throat.

“Call me oppa…?” He requested.
He laughed and ran his fingers through his hair nonchalantly.

“Alright, oppa! Thank you once again.” I said returning his jacket

“No problem. If you ever need me… You have my number to contact me.”

“Ani, oppa it’s not going to be necessary, this will never happen again, I promi—”

“Even if you just want to talk.” He cut me off and chuckled.

---

Hongbin wanted to barf because of the scene he witnessed.

This ‘Hakyeon’ guy sure had game. Minji looked at him as if he was her savior.

Hongbin couldn’t help but feel a bit guilty because of the way he treated her. If it wasn’t for his attitude, she’d look at him like that, too.

“Tsk, don’t let this trivial thing get to you, Hongbin…” He inaudibly reminded himself.

He watched the two say their goodbyes and ended up trailing behind Minji once again.

She turned the corner. Hongbin continued because his apartment was that way as well, but he thought it was strange.

He slowed down his pace so that he wasn’t too close to her as she entered her apartment.

That’s when his breathing became unstable.

Her apartment was right next to his.

“There’s no way she could be our new neighbor, right…?” He wondered, eyes wide at what he had just discovered.

 

🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸 🌸

 

A/N:


Ahh ~ it’s 1am LOL. ~(>_<~)

I wonder if there will ever be a time when i don’t write my fics before i sleep. (=`〜´=)

Weeeellll, i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. (●´∀`●)

IM SO SORRY ABOUT ALL THE HAKYEON ACTION OMFG

Hakyeon’s character just seriously helps Hongbin’s character develop through out the story so.. It’s kind of necessary.

And I’m sorry Minji’s character isn’t up to par with what you might be expecting at the moment. There’s a reason why she’s like this so…

I know it might be a little bit boring right now, mianhe

I just really want to set up the plot properly first ヽ(;▽;)ノ

Please tell me what you think! (`・ω・´)”

The next update might be up a bit later than usual because I’m going to on a road trip with my family. (´;ω;`)

I can probably write in the car, so let’s hope for the best.

I’m actually really excited for this story so yeah

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a fantastic day! ~ o(〃^▽^〃)o