Happy birthday, Chanyeol!

Learned to love

It’s already the day of Chanyeol’s birthday. The three girls: Seohyun, Yuri & Jiyeon are all woken up in order to prepare a little surprise for their beloved brother/friend/lover. He gets out of his room. The boy is brushing his hair while running down the stairs when….

‘Happy birthday Park Chanyeol!’ the girls shout.

Yuri throws confetti at him and Jiyeon brings a small cupcake with a candle on the top.

‘Aww, thank you my girls! This was…. Unexpected’ Chanyeol says. He hugs her sister, gives a peck on his girlfriend’s cheek and awkwardly bows at Yuri.

‘Well I guess that’s enough. I’m going to rest so don’t disturb…’ Yuri concludes. The girl runs into her room.

 

*In Yuri’s room’

The beautiful young lady, by her real name Kwon Yuri is talking to herself and crying again:

‘Why is it happening to me? Why is he avoiding me? Why doesn’t he love me? I’m prettier and nicer than her girlfriend! Jesus! I’m so childish, why am I even crying?!’ she wonders ‘ I’m not even in love with him… or…. am I? Nooo! I can’t be in love with my best friend’s brother. He’s a jerk. I don’t even know… do I love him or not? Yul, wake up! Stop lying to yourself! YES, you like him, Yuri, you DO! But I can’t understand: I always got the boys I wanted but this one doeasn’t even look at me. Let’s be realistic: he will never pay attention to me. Why do I even care about him? He’s nothing special’.

She starts crying harder.

 

*outside Yuri’s room*

Seo and Jiyeon are happily talking about Chayeol’s and Jiyeon’s future marriage:

‘I’m so proud of my brother! It seems like he finally found a perfect girl for himself!’ Seohyun says

‘Thank you, dear!.... Shh!! Did you hear that? Is it Yuri crying?’ Jiyeon asks

‘I think so…’

 

Seohyun knocks at Yuri’s door:

‘Are you ok? What happened?’

‘I’m okay….’

‘Then why were you crying?’

‘I.. I didn’t cry!’

‘Don’t lie to me! I know you pretty well!’

‘Oh, well… I had a nightmare.’ Yuri lies while quickly whipping her tears

‘Please come out. We have to go to the beauty salon in order to get our hair, nails and make-up done for Chanyeol’s party’

‘Okay.. Is Jiyeon coming too?’

‘Yes!’

‘Great’

*after 4 hours*

‘Well now let’s go and get dressed…. The party is going to start in… 30 minutes. Hurry up girls!’ Seohyun yells.

 

Both Seohyun and Yuri arrive 5 minutes before the party starts.

‘Happy birthday, brother!’ Seohyun says while hugging him. ‘Here’s your gift!’

‘Thank you, sis. I love you!’ He takes the gift.

 

Yuri is getting closer to Chanyeol. She’s feeling very, very strange. She can’t take her eyes off him. He looks really handsome today.

‘Happy birthday! Take this gift!’ Yuri smiles showing her perfect, shiny teeth.

‘Thanks! You look so beautiful and bright!’ They are about to hug when…

 

‘My love!’ Chanyeol yells while rushing to Jiyeon. ‘ I’ve been waiting for you’. The girl is wearing a cute vintage dress, the one Chanyeol gave her.

‘I’m sorry baby, I couldn’t find a perfect gift for you, but I’m sure you will enjoy this one more.’ Jiyeon passionately kisses him.

Without a doubt, they are a cute couple. Everybody, even Yuri agrees: they are perfect together. Even if it looks like they are made for each other, it’s unfair. Yuri has known him for many years, but they are still awkward together.

 

The two lovers start dancing together. Yuri and Seohyun are sitting at the bar . Yuri starts drinking a lot. She can’t stop. Yuri is a smart and humble girl, she never did it before.

‘Yul, stop! You’ve drank to much!’ Seo angrily screams in her friend’s ear.

‘Why should I? I’m happy living my life the way I want’ Yuri says while drinking another glass of alcohol. ’Look at that boy over there. Isn’t he cute?’ Yuri points at the boy

‘Well, he is…. I guess’ Seo agrees

‘Oh HEY THERE!’ Yuri screams from the top of her lunges

‘Hello girls! My name is Luhan’

‘Wooo… Luhan… Such a y name! My name is Yuri.’ Yuri winks.

‘My name is Seohyun.!’

‘So, Luhan how old are you?’ Yuri asks in a flirty way

‘19’

‘I’m 20. It’s ok, we would be perfect for each other, don’t you think?’

‘Please forgive her, she’s drunk.’ Seohyun tells Luhan

‘It’s alright. I like her. So what’s you phone number, Yuri?’

Yuri writes her phone number on Luhan’s arm. She tries writing something else too, but she faints.