The Truth Before the Wedding

Annyeong

ANNYEONGHASEYO~ ^^

i know that some of you have been sad reading this short one-shot 

and some have been agitated by it too ><

Rayouyou, wanted me to give her some explanations so I thought, instead of telling just her, why don't i tell all of you, so, I have.

i hope you guys will understand after this.

gomawo...for everything ^^

ENJOY<

ps. comments please~~~^^

pps. this is an epilogue~

 

***

 

 

9th April.

 

Today is Jae’s birthday and I wanted to celebrate it with her.

 

I went into a jewellery shop and looked at all the gems that were gleaming up at me, waiting for me to pick them and give it to a good owner.

 

As Onew walked around, his head bent down low, looking at the Tiffany and Co. rings in the cases, his iPhone began to ring.

 

He smiled at the attendant and, holding up a finger he turned his back on here, picking up his phone.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” Onew spoke into the phone.

 

The person on the other side began to giggle and Onew smiled.

 

He loved that giggle.

 

“So…when do you plan to come over and celebrate my birthday oppa? You know it’s already 11…” She stopped talking and waited for an answer from Onew.

 

Onew smiled and spoke.

 

“I’m buying your birthday present.”

 

Onew heard the person on the other side of the phone call gasp and smiled to himself.

 

“You don’t have to give me a present oppa! You’ve already given me too much!” Jae began to protest but was soon silenced.

 

“This will be my last present. I promise.” Onew said which stopped Jae from speaking.

 

“Promise?” Jae asked after a moment of thought.

 

Onew nodded and replied, “Promise.”

 

“Okay…well…I’ll see you soon okay?” Jae spoke.

 

“Ne.” Onew said.

 

“Saranghae oppa.”

 

Onew smiled again and whispered to Jae through the phone,

 

“Saranghae.”

 

Onew and Jae hung up and Onew began to continue his hunt for the perfect ring for his future bride.

 

And then, he saw it.

 

A ring that was perfect for Jae.

 

Onew could suddenly visualise Jae wearing the ring and, pointing down to it, he looked at the attendant with a bright smile.

 

“Can I see this ring please?”

 

The attendant smiled and nodded.

 

As she was taking the ring out and handed it over to Onew for him to exam, his phone rang a second time.

 

Onew sighed and doing the same thing as last time, he turned it back once more but not before putting the ring on the glass case.

 

“One moment please.” Onew told the attendant who was about to put it back.

 

She smiled and nodded and then went off to attend to another customer who had just come in.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” Onew spoke into the phone and his mothers voice answered him back.

 

“Annyeong Jinki-ah.”

 

“Umma! What’s wrong?” Onew asked, suddenly worried.

 

His mum never called him without reason ever since his debut.

 

“Can you come home right now? I want to talk to you.” His mum said sternly.

 

Onew grimaced and looked at the time on his watch; 11.30.

 

“Can I come back later? I can’t make it today.”

 

Onew heard his mum sigh on through the phone.

 

“Jinki. Now.”

 

Onew was the one who sighed this time.

 

Whenever his mum spoke to him that way, he had to oblige, whether or not he wanted to.

 

“Ne Umma. I’ll be home in about an hour.”

 

“Okay. I’ll be waiting for you.” His mum said and hung up on him.

 

He turned back to the glass counter and, holding the ring in his finger, he waved the attendant to him.

 

“I’ll take this thanks.” The attendant smiled and began to box it up.

 

After paying for the ring, Onew got into his car and before driving off, he pocketed the ring in his jacket and took out his phone and began to text to this girlfriend.

 

Mianhae jae…my mum called and she wants me 2 go bak home 4 a bit…can u wait a few hrs or so?

 

*pout* fineee…BUT ONLY COZ ITS UR MUM!!! *sighs* and I wantd 2 go 2 the carnival 2day…

 

MIANHAE JAE T.T but u noe I hav no chance against my mum…

 

>< I noe…dun worry bout it…tell me wen ur dne kkz???

 

Sureee ^^ annyeong~

 

Annyeong oppa~ ^^ saranghaee<3

 

Saranghaee<3

 

Onew sighed and, putting his phone onto the empty seat next to him, he drove back to his parents house, a few miles away from Seoul.

 

“Annyeong?” Onew knocked on the door of his home.

 

“Anyone home?” He shouted out again when he didn’t receive an answer.

 

“Jinki-ah! Open the door! It’s unlocked!” Onew heard his mum shout back at him from a distance.

 

Onew opened the door and went into his house.

 

Instantly, he knew they had guests.

 

“Umma? Where are you?” Onew asked peering into the living room and then, he saw a girl who was chatting happily with his mum.

 

“AH! Jinki-ah! You’re here! Do you remember Park Taejin? She’s back from America!”

 

Onew froze.

 

He had forgotten about her.

 

Park Taejin…

 

***

 

“Onew oppa! I don’t want to move to America! I want to stay with you!” Taejin cried out, holding onto Onew’s arm while her parents tried to tug her towards the waiting taxi.

 

Onew gave Taejin a small and sad smile and then, taking her hand, he bent down at the small Taejin and through her crying eyes he saw sadness and love.

 

“Taejin…You’ll come back.”

 

Taejin stopped sobbing and looked at Onew.

 

“How do you know?” Taejin asked quietly.

 

“Because you’re going to be my wife.”

 

Taejin gasped and clasped her hand over .

 

“Jinjja?”

 

Onew nodded and then stood up.

 

Onew patted at Taejin and then said,

 

“Follow your parents. We’ll meet again another day and we’ll get married okay? I promise.” Onew added.

 

Taejin looked up at her oppa and then nodded and walked towards the taxi.

 

As the taxi drove away, Onew say Taejin stick her head out and scream to him,

 

“SARANGHAE!”

 

***

 

Onew didn’t know what to think or what to do because at that precise moment, when he had finished remembering what had happened that day, he was getting hugged tightly by Taejin.

 

“Oppa! I’ve missed you!” Taejin said, muffled against Onew’s heart beat.

 

Onew looked at his mum who was smiling expectantly at her.

 

Onew didn’t know whether or not he should but, he decided, in the end, he should reveal the truth.

 

Onew removed Taejin from their hug and took a step back.

 

“Mianhae Taejin-ah…mianhae…”

 

Taejin and his mum looked at each other confused.

 

Onew’s mum took a step forward.

 

“What are you talking about Jinki?”

 

Onew gulped and knew, that this was he time he should speak the truth in case he ended up hurting anymore people.

 

“I already have a girlfriend.”

 

-SILENCE-

 

Onew looked at Taejin and knew that he had hurt her and then he turned to face his mum who looked absolutely outraged.

 

“Who is she?” Taejin asked quietly before Onew or his mum had a chance to speak to each other.

 

Onew didn’t know what to say.

 

“Who is she oppa?” Taejin asked again, this time her voice slightly louder than before.

 

“You won’t know her…” Onew trailed off.

 

Taejin gave Onew a weary smile.

 

“You never knew oppa. You never know.”

 

Onew looked at Taejin and then answered, “Lee Jae Song.”

 

Taejin stared at Onew for a second and then, she was laughing, all the pain before was now off her face and was replaced by a blinding smile.

 

“Jae? You’re girlfriend is Jae?” Taejin said after a moment of laughing.

 

Onew looked at Taejin with a frown.

 

“You know her?” Onew said.

 

Taejin looked at Onew and then nodded, a smile at her lips.

 

“If it’s Jae then everything is fine. If she knows that the one you’re marrying is me then she’s going to back off and let you. Oh! And for a split second I was worried there!” Taejin said and then walked back to Onew’s mum and, wrapping her hands around Onew’s mum she said,

 

“There’s nothing to worry about. The preparations can continue. Umma!” Onew saw his mum pat Taejin’s hand and smile at her.

 

Onew was about to protest when he was silenced by his mum’s gaze.

 

You dare break this engagement and I will disinherit you.

 

Onew didn’t say anything more for the rest of the day but, instead of contributing to all the wedding preparations that was taking place in exactly a year, Onew sat on the couch, clutching the ring he had slipped out of the box in his hands.

 

“Onew oppa.”

 

Onew looked up and saw Taejin smile at him.

 

He gave her a small quick smile and didn’t reply.

 

“You’re going to tell Jae that you’re breaking up with her okay? Or do you want me to tell her? She’s not going to mind because she’s always telling me how friends come before boys. She’s going to let you go. I’m sure. So…do you want to tell her yourself or do you want me to tell her?”

 

Onew looked down at the ring in his hand and in a quiet tone he said,

 

“I’ll tell her.”

 

Taejin smiled and then nodding, he turned back to discuss things with Onew’s mum.

 

“Mianhae Jae…mianhae…”

 

A tear slipped out of Onew’s eyes and he didn’t say anything more for the rest of the day, even with Jae’s constant text messages and occassional phone calls, he said or did nothing.

 

But every time he whispered to himself,

 

“Mianhae Jae…mianhae…”

 

Mianhae.