Annyeong

Annyeong

 

A/N: to all those people who don't read the "foreword" please do so before you read this.

if not the foreword than please, please, PLEASE *im begging you* to read the description.

thank you if you have.

and please if you havent~

ENJOY<3

 

***

 

Today, SHINee, Ki and I are celebrating a few things.

 

Jonghyun’s birthday.

 

My birthday which is tomorrow.

 

Jonghyun and Ki’s three year anniversary.

 

Onew and my four year anniversary.

 

“Woot! I’m 24 now!”

 

Jonghyun exclaimed, punching his fist up into the air.

 

Everyone laughs and they begin to give Jonghyun their presents for him and singing him the happy birthday song.

 

Just like that, a day passed and soon, it was dinner time, they time when SHINee’s mum, Key, made them a luscious and delicious dinner.

 

As I was rolling up my sleeve to help Key and Ki, Onew pulled me back and I turned around with a smile on my face.

 

“What’s up oppa?”

 

“We’re not going to be having dinner with them today.” Onew said solemnly.

 

My smile on my face slowly began to disappear; Onew…this wasn’t the Onew that I had dated for the past four years.

 

“What’s up?”

 

I asked, pulling my sleeve back down as he took me towards the front door.

 

He didn’t answer me and just kept on holding onto my lower arm and dragging me to the front door.

 

“Onew?” I asked.

 

-NO RESPONSE-

 

I decided not to say anything and putting on my boots and taking my jacket, I walked out of the dorms of SHINee.

 

As we hit the front of the apartment, the chill began to get to me and I pulled on my jacket, zipped up the front and took Onew’s hand.

 

Onew looked down at me and then back at the front again.

 

I knew that something was wrong, but, I didn’t want to speak and I didn’t want to ask, afraid of what I was going to hear.

 

We began to walk, silently, our hands together and the cold air rushing against our faces.

 

Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice call our my name.

 

“Jae! Jae! JAE!”

 

I turned around and saw my best friend back from Seattle run to me.

 

Surprised, I let go of Onew and ran to hug her.

 

I let go of Onew, not realizing that that would be the last time I ever saw him, the last time I got to hold him.

 

“What are you doing here Taejin?” I asked, a bright smile on my face.

 

Park Taejin was my first best friend at Mercer Island High School in Seattle, Washington.

 

She was always really nice to me, we would talk and talk about Kpop and she would do her best to help me learn my Korean and Lee Jae Song was the Korean name I had been using since my time in Korea.

 

“You don’t know yet?”

 

She said to me, a slight frown on her beautiful and angelic face.

 

“Know what?” I asked her, confused.

 

She suddenly walked around me and towards my boyfriend who was standing behind me, forgotten and neglected.

 

“Jinki, you didn’t tell Jae?”

 

A frown was on my face and I began to walk to my friend and boyfriend.

 

“Should I know something?”

 

I asked, stopping and looked at those two who where, a bit too close together for my comfort but I said nothing.

 

I saw Taejin frown and looked at Jinki and then back at me and sighed and then took a step towards me and was about to speak when Onew spoke first.

 

“I want to tell her.”

 

Taejin looked back at Onew and then shrugged and moved towards the side in which Onew stepped forward to face me.

 

“Onew…what’s happening? What are you hiding from me?” I asked with my heart clenched.

 

I didn’t know what it was, but I knew one thing for sure, the thing I was about to hear wasn’t going to be something I was going to be happy about.

 

Onew looked at me.

 

“Mianhae Jae.”

 

The very moment he said those words to me I knew.

 

I knew.

 

I smiled, a painful act which caused my inside to bleed but I kept on the act, not wanting to hurt either or us any further.

 

“No problem. It’s fine. I’m fine.”

 

I added at the end in case Onew asked in which I knew he would.

 

I heard Taejin, no, I felt Taejin smile and clap.

 

“Great!”

 

She walked next to Onew and, hooking her hands around Onew’s and handed me a white envelope.

 

“Then I hope you’ll attend?”

 

She said to me, her smile as sweet as ever.

 

I slowly lifted my hand up and took the envelope.

 

It left like ice.

 

I lifted my gaze from the envelope to my best friend and my ex-boyfriend.

 

“No problem. Congratulations. To both of you.”

 

I said, the pain in my throat excruciating and hot tears searing in my eyes.

 

“I have to go.’ I said to the new lovebirds and began to back away.

 

“I’ll see you guys at the wedding.”

 

I said and, without even waiting for a response, I whipped my head around and ran off, as far away as my leg could take me.

 

Tears spilling out of my eyes and dripping on the bright and pure snow beneath me I stopped and stood there, my face covered by my two hands and the white envelope laying on the snow, blending in, rejected and lonely.

 

 

***

 

The envelope had said this,

 

Annyeonghaseyo~

 

We, that is, Onew and I, Park Taejin, invite you to our wedding that will be held on the 9th of April at Hotel Seoul.

 

I hope that you will attend and give us your blessing.

 

Thank you.

 

When I had read that, I began to understand things that didn’t make any sense to me the day before.

 

Onew had been distant from me for the past year.

 

Although he was still Onew, he stopped asking me out on dates, stopped calling me in the middle of the night to say good night to me, stopped sending me presents every month on the 9th.

 

He had stopped.

 

I had always dismissed that feeling I got when he stopped.

 

And now, I knew.

 

He had preparing for his wedding.

 

Wedding…

 

***

 

Today, is my birthday.

 

Today, is my ex-boyfriend wedding day.

 

It hasn’t even been 24 hours since he had broken up with me yet and yet here I was, sitting next to a fuming Ki in Hotel Seoul, my eyes on Onew while everyone elses were on the bride.

 

As the priest said those words in a wedding, I opened my clutch and quietly took out a plane ticket and suddenly, I felt a pair of eyes bore into me and I looked up to see Ki’s gaze on mine, asking me what is this.

 

I gave her a faint smile and began to get out of the wedding ceremony.

 

As I hit the door of the ceremony, the voice of the priest came into my ear.

 

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

 

I turned around and saw Onew lean down to kiss and angelic Taejin.

 

I smiled at them, a tear escaping my eyes.

 

“Annyeong Onew oppa…”

 

I whispered and, pushing both the doors apart, I walked out, I walked out of my past, my present and I walked into my future.

 

My future without Onew.

 

My future without the leader.

 

My future…in America.

 

A place so far away from Korea that I can’t make myself come back.

 

I hopped into the taxi that was already waiting there for me, its boot filled with two large cases of luggage.

 

As the taxi left Hotel Seoul I turned around and saw Taejin and Onew come out, bright smiles on both their faces.

 

A smile on my face, I said to them, for the last time.

 

“Annyeong.”