CHAPTER 15

Can You Be Mine

 CHAPTER 15

 

Thank you soooo much for reading this far, I decided to revise the last chapter by deleting the last part, I would really appreciate it if you can take some time to check it so you wouldn't be confused. Thank you so much everyone especially those who stuck by the story during the long hiatus! Love lots everyone!!

 

NICHKHUN

After Max and Chansung cleared the table, we stayed for a little longer to listen to the live band playing. I can see how proud Victoria is with her brother's accomplishments but at the same time, I can also see the longing and sadness of missing her family.

"Hey are you alright?" she asks me, Heechul invited the others to tour the restaurant. "You've been awfully quiet since dinner started."

"Victoria" I called her. "You know you can always tell me anything, right?"

"Of course" she answered smiling.

"What I said earlier... I want you to know, to understand that I mean everything I said earlier" she reach for my hand and gave me a reassuring squeeze before letting go.

"Thank you" she said.

 

It's been a month since I found out everything, Changmin went back to the US and Donghae and Chun's already back from China, everything's just like what it used to be before that night except that I've been more cautious and careful everytime we're going out or out in the open. Everybody is busy doing revisions for our final thesis and defense while Donghae and Chun are helping Junho and Wooyoung pass their Medical Board Exam.

 

flashback

I was fidgeting while sitting inside the airport's coffee shop. Chun was finishing a call while Donghae grab us drink.

"Alright, spill."

"What?"

"Just tell us, I promise Donghae won't bit your head off" Chun said smiling.

"Here's the thing..you see.." I was looking for the right words to say but Donghae cut me off.

"Oh come on! Why can't you just tell us that you are Tori are dating? Is that really hard to say?" I was astound and at the same time speechless. Talk about breaking it to them gently.

"Relax" Chun said. "We're actually expecting this, we're actually more surprised it took you long enough to ask her out."

"Actually, Victoria and I... we're not dating and I haven't asked her out for a date, so technically the two of us aren't dating" I explained. "The reason why I insted to pick you  up today was because of this. I did however told her my feelings already."

"I don't get it" Donghae said leaning back on the chair.

"I'd like to ask her out formally on a date but I know as of now that dating is way down on her priority list."

"So you're asking us to back you up?"

"Nope."

"Will you just cut through the chase Horvejkul?"

"I know you and Chun are two important people in Victoria's life and I'd like to tell you personally that I love your sister and I'm willing to ready and willing to wait for her."

"Wow, did you rehearsed those lines?" Donghae said trying hard not to laugh.

"You'd be rolling on the floor laughing if you heard the lines I prepared since last night" I said.

"But seriously Nichkhun, I couldn't think of a better man for my sister that you I just hope you'll keep your word that you're willing to wait for her becuase this year will be one hell of a year for us and our family" he said, the look in his eyes is enough for me to tell the seriousness of the situation. This year, Donghae and Victoria will be celebrating their 23rd birhthday, this will be the deciding point of their lives.

end of flashback

 

"What's this?" Victoria asks when I handed her an envelope.

"My mom and dad are having their 25th aniversary and..."

"And?"

"And they were hoping to meet their son's special someone" I finished. Victoria and I weren't dating but between us, there was like a silent understanding between the two us. "But if you don't want to go, I'm sure I can come up with something" I said.

"Khun..."

"You know what, forget about this" I was about to get the invitation from her but she hid it behind her back.

"Sorry, this is already my invitation" she said mischieviously.

"Look Vic, you don't need to go if you don't want to, I just thought that maybe you'd like to go and they've been bugging me to introduce you to them" I said looking away.

"Silly, of course I'd like to meet your family!" she said. "It would be a pleasure to meet the Horvejkul family."

 

Thank you for those everybody, I look forward reading your comments! :)