Drizzle

Backstage and Waiting Rooms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

“Soyou?”

She quickly wiped her tears away when she heard that particular voice and turned her back on him. It’s been about fifteen minutes since she’s been inside another one of Woolim’s practice rooms, crying her heart out inside there. Nam Woohyun was being too mean, she thought.

“Another half an hour, I know. Don’t worry, I’ll leave on time.” She spoke first after clearing her sore throat. Soyou could hear him sigh and soon, he shut the door behind him and took steps closer towards her.

“I’m sorry.”

“Don’t feel sorry. Your apology doesn’t mean anything to me, Woohyun-ssi.” She answered coldly, still refuse to turn to him. She even didn’t look at him from the reflection of the huge mirror in front of them.

“Let’s just do well for the duet, okay? Wanna practice together now? We still have time before your manager picks you up. 30 minutes, right?” His voice seemed hesitant, shaky. Woohyun could see her teary eyes and somehow, he felt guilty. Soyou didn’t do anything wrong to him. Well, except for the talk show incident but other than that, she was okay.

It was him. He was the real problem, he thought to himself.

“Forget it. I thought you hated me, Nam Woohyun-ssi. Just leave me alone.”

Soyou suddenly stomped her feet towards the corner of the room and sat on the sofa. Then, she took out her smartphone, tapping random things while ignoring Woohyun who was still inside the room.

 

With a thumping heart, Woohyun headed towards the piano and sat on the chair. He didn’t do anything but to stare blankly at the piano keys in front of him. He actually didn’t know what to do, he felt guilty, he wanted to say something, do something for her but he was so at lost.

“Actually, Soyou-ssi, you didn’t do anything wrong.” Woohyun finally spoke up after spending some time thinking for the right words.

No response, her head was still down, fingers tapping her phone.

“I’m really sorry for shouting at you. And for acting all childish like before.”

Woohyun waited for a reply but she’s still ignoring him.

 

“My insides didn’t feel good since this morning –“

“Is it really since this morning?” Soyou suddenly cut his words and looked up to him.

“Well –“

“Then, what about the other days? What about since years ago?”

Woohyun was dumbfounded, he didn’t know what to answer.

“Why do you hate me, Woohyun-ssi? Tell me why.”

“I-I don’t hate you –“

“Then why are you acting so indifferently towards me? Why do you make me feel like I’ve done something very wrong towards you?”

Woohyun was lost for words until finally, Soyou gave up. She grabbed her things and left the Woolim building even before the time when her manager supposed to pick her up.

Her heart was hurt, she didn’t understand that lad.

 

***

 

I’m losing my mind because of you,
I go round and round crazy

-SISTAR's Up and Down-

 

 

“How’s practice? I saw Soyou going out early before.”

“I don’t know…” He answered his friend with a sigh. His sight was on the ceiling above him. After she left, Woohyun started to practice his dance moves like a crazy person, trying to shake all the burdening feelings in his chest. And now, he’s lying on the dance floor, beads of sweat were rolling down his forehead.

“Hey, what’s wrong with you?” Hoya asked, poking Woohyun’s foot with his.

“I don’t know myself. What’s wrong with me?”

“I know Soyou’s a little intimidating but can’t you at least get along with her? She’s been asking me about you, why you hate her so much and all… I’m actually curious as well. Why, Woohyun-ah?” Hoya then, sipped his energy drink and sat on the couch nearby.

But then, Woohyun sat up straight.

“I don’t hate her.”

“Then, why’re you acting like s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter