Chapter 13

The Beast Inside (Hiatus)
Please log in to read the full chapter

     SHINee was about to set out on their search when two cats ran past them. At first, they didn't think anything of it, but then they realized something was odd. Since when were cats red? They thought that following this cat wouldn't be at all hard, but the cat was apparently very good at keeping away from people. No matter how much they searched, they couldn't find it anywhere. It was like the two cats had disappeared into thin air right at the boundary. They searched the countryside around the city, but nothing was found, not even paw prints. It wasn't until they came upon a woman who had been on the border at the right time that they knew what had happened. Apparently, the two cats had come to the border and changed forms. This meant that they must have been shifters, so their aura should have been easy to track. They wondered why they hadn't picked up a trail when the woman suddenly remembered that the two had taken to the air and soared away. Onew sent Jonghyun and Minho to check and they found the trail. After wiping the woman's mind, they took off and followed the trail.

 

     "Jonghyun and Minho, you're the fastest and least traceable flyers. Go ahead of us and find out what these two really are. The information we gained is pointing towards them being shifters, but their aura seems to be leaning in multiple other directions. Find them and slow them down. When we get there, we'll get them and see what the princes think we should do. Don't attack them on your own under any circumstances. Just stop them and pester them for a while." Onew said. As soon as he was done, the two angels shot off to find their prey.

 

     "What do you think Minho, do they seem like shifters to you?" Jonghyun asked as they followed the trail.

 

     "From what the lady said, they're definitely shifters, but their aura is saying something different. They don't seem to be using any energy in whatever form they're flying in which would imply that their true form has wings. I wonder if they're sorcerers or some other kind of magic user. It would explain how they can transform and fly without much energy but not the red cat. Sorcerers normally make sure that any form they change into cannot be found easily. Because of all this, I think that they're some kind of demon, fallen angels maybe." Minho replied, keeping his eyes on the sky before them. "Quite now, they're only a mile in front of us. Get ready to hinder them without getting hurt. I'm thinking we can take out a wing and see how well they can do with three wings between them."

 

     "We can't mess with their wings because the princes would kill us if we did. For all we know, there's no way for their wings to heal. Let's try hindering them with clouds instead. We can summon clouds that they can't fly throug

Please log in to read the full chapter