chapter 3 decision

why is my love is not enough for you?

jay and krystal were standing side by side at the airport. krystal let out a long sigh.

"oppa, why are you giving up on her so easily? don't you think you should give it one more shot?" jay shook his head, "i can't... not only is my heart too weak to bear one more rejection but how can i be so selfish?" krystal kept quiet so jay continued.

"i've already let my feelings get the better of me... i promised that i would support her till the day i die and i stand by that, except this time in order to support her i need to swallow my feelings and let her live her happy fairy-tale and to do so i need to be out of the picture..."

krystal glared at jay.

"you're running away!! that's what you're doing. how can you even say that, that's how you're supporting her?! what kind of bull is that?!" krystal yelled no longer able to contain her anger.

a tear left jay's eye as he sighed.

"it's the only way... i've caused too much trouble with what i said at the park" krystal immediately felt a pang of guilt wash over her as she rememberd the incident.

"you can try and apologize she'll under-" she didn't finish befor jay interrupted.

"i know her better than anyone... she's feeling so lost right now wondering if she should get married or break up with him for me"

"isn't that what you wan-" again jay interuppted 

"i want her to love me not breakup with him to be with me because she needs me a her 'bestfriend' that's all she needs me for. i help her whenever things go wrong so she'll think she loves me because i'm not there but she doesn't. later  on in life she'll realise that and she'll hate me forever. i know she'll get through this. right now she needs to see that life goes on without me. she'll be happy with donghae. he's a good guy and she can make her own decisions...she deserves to be happy"

this was one of the main reasons why krystal looked up to jay as a role model and her ideal type.

jay always put his loved ones before him. krystal sighed.

"if that's what you want.." she said dejectedly. jay smiled at krys and patted her head.

"don't worry i'll get over her eventually... and if not than oh well it's better to have loved than not at all right?"

krystal started sobbing quietly. jay patted her on the head

"yah krys don't be sad... even though i'm stuck in a one sided love story doesn't mean it's all bad.. to tell you the truth i'm glad i had the chance to love and confess to someone.... it's just not everything has a happy ending" he smiled bitterly as he said the last part.

krystal wrapped her arms around him. "oppa, unnie is an idiot not to see how much you love her"

"she can see it but she can't accept it... and that is not her fault. you cannot force someone to love you back..."

*all passengers boarding flight 2345 to Australia, please make your way to gate 23 now* the intercom boomed.

they continued to hug each other for a while longer. "oppa would you mind if i live with you?" 

jay turned to look her in the eye. "krys, if your worried i'll do somthing stupid don't worry i won't okay. for jessica i won't.. not until she has started a new life atleast." he finished the last part in a whisper.

she frowned after hearing him say jessica... it was the first time ever he said her full name.

"oppa i'll miss you too much so i want to come too."

he smiled at her "okay, okay. it will be good to have you by my side.. you have my cell number txt or ring when you're ready to move over.." 

she smiled brightly "oppa i'm going hom right now to pack and book a flight for tomorrow"

jay chuckled at her eagerness. "arraso, i'll see you soon." he kissed her on the cheek. she returned the kiss and they hugged one last time.

she left waving wildly at him. as soon as she was out of sight he gave one last sigh. 

*i guess this is it* he thought. he walked towards the gate with his boarding pass in hand.

*riiiiinnnnngg*

he looked at his phone. when he saw the caller's id it was by habbit that he answerd the call right away unconciously.

"jay oppa?"

he mentally face palmed himself for answering the call.

"oh jessica?"

he could feel her hesitate..

"jessica?" she repeated what he said.

"was there somthing that you needed?" jay asked trying to change the subject.

"oppa, i think you're right. i think we need a bit of space... for now that is"

*stupid heart what did you expect?* jay thought bitterly.

he stayed silent so she continued.

"donghae oppa and i had a serious talk and we've come to the conclusion that it's the best for us a we prepare for our whole life together after our wedding.. hae oppa isn't too comfortable with how close we are and he thinnks that your feelings will cause problems for us.. so oppa i guess what i'm saying is i don't think you should come to our wedding..."

she waited for a reply nervously

*oppa i'm so sorry but donghae is my future.. please forgive me* she thought.

*sniff*

*i was nothing to you not even your past, present or even future i guess i'm making the right choice after all* jay thought

jessica was beyond worried when she heard him crying but she couldn't say anything to help.

"listen sica, i won't lie right now i'm really upset that i can't come to your wedding and the fact that you two would think that i would try and get in the way of your happiness... but i wasn't sure if i was going to be able to come anyways...

jessica felt guilty immediately but jay continued.

"but it's for the best i guess.... "

she didn't say anything

"now would be the best time i guess...." he paused.

*best time for wahat?* jessica thought

jessica felt nervous hearing him sound so serious.

" i want to thank you jess, for everything. for being my bestfriend, most immportantly for being my first love..."

jessica was feeling more and more anxious.

*why is he talking like this? is he going to commit suicide?!* she thought.

"i love you jess, but i'm not going to stand in the way of your happiness... please remember me as a good friend if you can that would mean the world to me.."

"oppa, are you ok-kay?" jessica asked nervously. she was confused as to why jay was saying these things.

"thank you for allowing me to love you jess, it was fun while it lasted,,, but this is where it ends..."

"oppa are you going t-to co-commit-" before she could finish her sentence

*final call for passengers boarding flight 2345 to Australia, please make your way to gate 23 now* the intercom boomed.

"i'm leaving jess, i know you're strong you will be fine without me if you ever need someone to lean on just remember me as i was and it will be like i'm still there"
 
jessica was sstill shocked from the intercom's announcement.
"you're leaving me?!" she yelled 
 
he laughed bitterly "i'm giving you 'you're space. plus you called for me to stay wawy right? so instead i'll go away"
 
jessica was completly quiet from her guilt.
 
"live well jess, live well...i'll try my best to forget you" with that jay hanged up and boarded the plane.
 
 
 
 
 
CHAPTER END
PLEASE COMMENT