At the Park

Life....

Yuri’s P.O.V~

It was a gorgeous day with the sun shining bright and just the right amount of cloud to make the sky look pretty. We were just sitting on a bench and looking around. The park was empty except for three little girls. It would be normal to see children here, but I haven’t seen too many Koreans around here. They were having fun and kept laughing. It was a sweet sight after a school day.

“I want to go back to when I was a kid. I used to want to grow up, but what was I thinking? Being old is no fun. People judge everything you do. Whether it is your fashion sense, how you look, or who you hang out with. The problems we had while we were a kid are nothing compared to what we’ll face as we grow older. With so much internal conflicts and external facades; why did I want to grow up to face these? Is it possible to go back to living a carefree and happy life?” Yoona muttered as she gazed at the field around us. 

Wow she had such deep thoughts. If this is what she says out loud, what goes on in her head? You sure are a mysterious girl.

“We were young and didn’t know better. We were naïve. We looked up to the adults because they seemed to know what to do. I like to act childish because it makes me feel like a kid again.”

“Naïve? I would say we were stupid. Or at least I was,” she said in her soft voice. She had set her eyes on the clouds above us.

“Hmm? Naïve is just the nicer way to say stupid; doesn’t hurt as much.”

“They remind me of how Jessica, Krystal and I were. Krystal and I used to make Jessica sneak out with us. We would always have to drag Jessica to play with us. She would be reluctant at first, but at the end she would enjoy herself as much as we did. Krystal was one excited girl. She’s shy to others, but she wouldn’t stop bouncing with us. As she grew older, she started to lose the energy to bounce around. That’s another reason why I hate that I grew up. No more Baby Jung,” she was now looking at the cars driving past us.

“Hey hey hey, I don’t like the sad direction our conversation is heading. Let’s talk about happier topics. Hmm…. Do you like food?”

She laughed. She actually laughed! I said I melted from her smile, but now I think I just exploded. Her laugh was so innocent and childlike. How can someone have such a sad aura and have such innocent smiles and laughs?

“I was right. You are a fool. Babo~ Babo~ To answer your questions, yes I do like food. I love it as a matter of fact,” she laced her words with what I could only call aegyo. Sulli and Tiffany had natural aegyo, but that was nothing compared to how cute Yoona’s aegyo was. My heart was beating fast and hard. No! I can’t be like this. I can’t fall for a girl! It’s just not right!

“I’m not a fool!”

“Yes you are.”

“No I’m not!”

“Oh yes you are.”

“Aniyaaaaaaaaa! I’m not a fool!”

“Fine fine. Does saying that you’re a dork make it any better?”

“NO!”

“Fine, you’re adorkable. Happy?”

My heart was beating like crazy! Adorkable! Gah! No one has ever made me feel this way. Am I falling in love with Yoona?

“Hmph. Let’s play!” I was afraid that there would be an awkward moment after we stopped arguing so I dragged her to playground.

We went to the closest thing first, which happened to be a set. We fooled around, and had fun. Just like little kids would. We were too big for some parts of the playground so we hit our heads on some parts, but it only served to give us more laughs. It’s been such a long time since I’ve had so much fun. Our eyes met and we couldn’t help but burst out laughing at how each other looked. The sadness that was in Yoona’s eyes were gone, replaced by a mischievous twinkle. I guess Jessica was wrong; Yoona didn’t need that much time to open up. We got tired and decided to go play on the swing. We didn’t talk, but it was comfortable. Yoona is the first person I know that I got so comfortable with so soon.

Why am I falling in love? People will judge me. I need to wake up from this feeling. 

------------

Comment please. I want to have feedback so I know what I can change. 

P.S. I know this fic is far from done, but I am thinking of writting a new one-shot. I need your opinions though. Who should the characters be? I have an idea for the story, but I don't know who should be in it. There's a male lead and a female lead. Comment if you think I should write it, and if I should who should be the characters. It doesn't have to be a malexfemale OTP, it can be a femalexfemale OTP (just state who you think should be the guy). Thank you! Love you guys and keep doing aegyo!