Road

Oneshot Drabbles

"Road"

I could only watch with a single sigh as everything passed by without a simgle moments hesitation. It was me, and me alone who felt the pain I did. Many girls, all fans, would feel a heartbreak however they never knew him like me, or at least I thought I knew him well. That day seemed all but distant now, the day he ended it without even shedding a tear. The day on our second anniversary, the day I thought would seal our fates in a good way, but now I couldn't figure out why they had turned this way.

My current position was a small concert hall not far from Seoul, where he was giving another concert. Park Jung Min had made a huge comeback recently with his music, maybe before he just hadn't tried all that much since singing for himself didn't seem to give him the proper motivation. To be honest, I couldn't figure out what motivated him at all now then...what possible idea's could be going through his head? Even I couldn't figure it out.

There were a million screaming girls. maybe more. I wasn't really focusing on that. In my mind I had a thought, if I could see him one more time than I'd forget. After this last time, I would be able to never think of him ever again. It was simple, and to the point, but I had already known that it would be a challenge.

"When do you think it's going to start?" My friend elbowed me in the side with her sign. It was one I made a long time...actually Jung Min made it for me a long time ago to hold up during his other concerts. It gave him courage, stamina...or at elast that's what he had said.

I shook my head slowly. Eun Mi beside me was the only who knew about our relationship. "I don't know...I just hope it goes by fast."

"Tori..." She punched me in the shoulder. "You don't mean that..."

My head shot in her direction. "I do. He broke up with me two days ago, I'm only here to forget..."

Eun Mi laughed. "How is seeing him going to help you forget?"

"It just will." I shook my head. "Didn't he tell you the same thing last night?"

"Yeah...but he doesn't always tell teh truth."

"Why would he lie to his older sister?" Eun Mi was Jung Min's older sister, only a year seperated them. She was like a role model to him, her name alwasy came up in our conversations.

Eun Mi slung her arms over the railing. "He doesn't usually. But he did this time..."

I sighed. "How would you even know? Jung Min is always good at lieing AND he hides everything as if it wasn't even happening."

"Because he was off last night..."

"Off? He's never off..."

Her eyes widened. "He was last night."

"How?"

"You really wanna know?" She looked over towards the stage as the lights started to dim and teh crowd went wild. "Last night, he was in a bad mood..."

I frowned. "But he's never in a bad mood..."

"Hence he was off. He even snapped at everyone..."

I frowned again. "But he never snaps at anyone."

"Exactly."

"It's probably just your imagination..." I turned my back to the stage. "...or something else upset him."

Eun Mi let out a sigh. "You're hopless." Then turned back to the stage as a familiar man walked to the centre. I turned and saw him, and at once I could feel the butterflies flying around in my stomache. At the same time, it was like I didn't want to see him anymore. But there he stood...Park Jung Min.

Though I was far, I was close enough to see that his eyes were  a little red, and his face looked almost sick. It was different from two days ago when I had last saw him.

"Do you believe me now?" I looked at Eun Mi who smiled slightly. "Father didn't approve of you and probably threatened him in some way."

It didn't matter anymore, the sick look on his face was enough to make me feel like the roof was caving in. But in what way could I do anything, he had made his decision already. His eyes seemed to trail over the crowd for a moment.

"This is your chance." Eun Mi exclaimd. "If I hold up the sign..."

I grabbed her wrist. "No. Don't."

She looked at me. "Why?"

"Because, he made his decision."

Without another word the concert started...

=================================================================================================

It was the last song, one that made me cry. It was entitled Only Me, and Jung Min had sung it after SS501 couldn't make music anymore. It often brought me to tears, and I found it disrespectful when the audience would sing along because of the songs meaning. How painful it was to watch him sing it. I think Eun Mi must have held up the sign or something...because out of the corner of my eye I couldn't sworn I had seen a yellow thing go up. As the song ended, I knew it was time for me to leave...before I was spotted. "I'm going...Meet you by the backstage entrance."

I left without allowing her a word in edgewise. To be honest I couldn't reall stand it anymore, so I had to get out of there. The concert ended after I sat myself outside the backstage entrance, but even as the girls piled out and left, Eun Mi was nowhere to be found. It was funny that only I seemed to understand english, and she had understood me because she turned her head protest.

Suddenly a voice called my name, a familiar voice...his voice. I turned my head slowly, he was standing there with his make-up on and  a funny expression on his face. Behind Jung Min was his sister who smiled brightly,  I guess she thought she was doing the wold a favour.  All of a sudden I got scared, he'd surely not want to see me and he'd probably push me away. With all my might I ran in the opposite direction. I didn't dare leave with the huge crowd outside, especially when I heard footsteps quickly running after me. At first I thought it was his sister, but I turned to see Jung Min running faster and faster. He was the one chasing me. But why? Hadn't we broke up?

That's when I quickened my speed, and passed the security guard right into the conert hall. I heard someone yelling, but he did not follow, still Jung Min was behind me. Where to run now, the stage wasn't an option since there was so much space so I quickly ran up the balcony, there were a couple exits up there so I could loose him.

"Tor!" A nickname which reminded me of the the word tar...funny? I didn't think so, but Jung Min would always tease me about it like his friends would about his nickname horse. I was hoping to loose him, but to my dismay, both balcony doors were locked and there wa sno other out...I was trapped.

It was hard to hide as well...but as soon as I turned around he was standing right there. We were both huffing and puffing from running so much, and we staring at each other, hard. The usual smile on his face wasn't there right now. "Hey."

I didn't answer, I didn't see the point of answering him. Whether or not we would make up was beside the point, I was too hurt to say anything. Instead, I tried to get by him, but everywhere I turned, he was right there. After awhile I gave up. "Would you just move?"

He didn't answer.

"I need to go home. It's hard to go home when you are standing in the way."

"I'll drive you..."

My head titled. "Hm?"

"I'll drive you home."

I shook my head. "No, it's okay. I don't need to be driven home."

"Tor..."

"Come on. There's no point of us seeing each other or driving each other home anymore. When you said it's over, it was over." The words pained my heart, I didn't mean them. I wanted our relationship to continue, but I knew if his father would refuse one time he would refuse again.

Jung Min shook his head. "I'm so-"

"Don't say you're sorry. It doesn't matter to me anymore."

His eyes widened. "Tor.."

"I have to go." I pushed around him to leave, but I hadn't walkd two steps before his hand grabbed my wrist and his head was lowered so his eyes were facing the ground. This expression enver came to him before, he was always cheery.

That's when he kneeled, not facing me but facing where I was. Tears started to fall down his cheeks. "Don't go." I watched him for a moment, the pathetic expression that made my heart want to melt.

"Jung Min..."

"I was scared. Dad said he would ruin your fathers company if we didn't break up....I couldn't let that happen. I..." The words tore my heart... "...I can't stop thinking about you." Does that mean he still...loved me? "So please...don't go."

Eun Mi had ben right, he was still in love with me but his father didn't awnt it. He never had fromthe beginning. "Jung Min..." I lowered myself down so I was kneeling beside him, i touched his shoulder. "I'm sorry...I didn't know..."

He looked at me for a moment before mebracing me in a tight hug. I felt myself melt in his grasp...and I knew everything would be alright because this was the right road for me to take. My dad gives up everything for my happiness (and was retirning that day anyway) taking the road less travelled by onyl brought more sweetness and adventure into my life.