Chapter 3: SURPRISES

LIFE AND FREEDOM (Teenage Angst)

That idiotic Hongki.

Even though Seunghyun is irritated of Hongki. He is kinda happy. He felt that he and Hongki is kinda the
same and that they are experiencing some difficulties.

"Watcha mumbling there, poor boy, getting tired of living alone?" said the ugly student 1.

"What are you talking about?" asked Seunghyun .

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. If i were you, i'll just ask some money from your mom, isn't she got that oldy richy steppy dad of yours? You got
some wise mother there huh? Marrying an old rich businessman. But wait, your mother leaved you, isn't she?" said ugly
student 1 who just smirked.

Hearing this, Seunghyun face the 3 students . He has this weird smile that seems to reach his ear.

"My mom? Yeah, she was pretty wise!" shouted Seunghyun with anger. He punched the middle student who hit the wall,
"you got some nerve to talk, you even don't know my mom!"

Seunghyun's hand still formed into a fist. He was going to punch another student but stop. He looked downward, breath 3x, put his hands down and brushed his hair with his finger. He looked side ways and up, his face came back to being nice guy again, with his goofy smile, he turned to the student he punched who looks stupidly afraid at Seunghyun.

"Oh, are you alright? You should look where you're going, bumping to someone can really hurt you," said Seunghyun with an evil smile, "see yah when i see yah."

He left already but the 3 ugly students were still in shock. The person they bullied back in elementary was now so different.
They hurriedly went back to their classroom and did not talked what happened to them. 

"Eh? You saw that?" asked Seunghyun who spotted Hongki in their corridor's corner near the stairs. Hongki just smirked.

"I'm so cool right Hongki, the so called transfer student?" asked Seunghyun proudly, exposing his arm which doesn't even have any muscle.

"Whatever, stupid, you just copied what Jonghun did. Better have some rest." Away from you. "See you fool."

"Yeah. See you when I see yah Hongki."

What a day, i didn't even get a decent rest because of so much disturbance. I better go now before I'll be late for
my work. 
Hongki went back to his room to get his school bag and hurriedly went out the school. 

 

Meanwhile . . .

Minhwan and Jaejin was walking along the busy street of Tokyo.

"By the way Minari, what are you really looking for?"

"Jaejin. WE are looking for that new store mentioned by one of our classmate. I just forgot where it is. It's called something like "One Shop."

Jaejin stopped causing Minhwan to bump at his back and look up. "Aw, why did you stop?"

"I think it's called Instrument's One Stop Shop. mmm that's a long one."

"Where?"

"There," Jaejin pointed at the other way, "lets go." They crossed the street and went to the small shop. 

 

Upon entering, they were greeted by the cashier. Both were shocked.

"Hongki? You worked here?" asked Jaejin.

"Isn't it already obvious? I'm standing infront of you," said Hongki raising his eyebrow.

Jaejin just shrugged. He looked around.

"Sorry I'm late, I finished an activity at school. I'll just handle the customers Hongki."

"Ok Dara."

Upon hearing Dara's name, Minhwan turned around and saw Dara.

"Dara!" I forgot Dara works in an instrument shop. This is bad. Jaejin?

"Oh, Minari. It's glad to see you. You're looking for something?"

"Ah. Eh. Where's Jaejin?! You see, ahmm." Minhwan stuttered. 

"What's with you? You're being shy again? By the way who's with you? Is that your friend?"

Minhwan looked at his back. Jaejin is at the bass instruments. His back is facing them. "He's . . .  Ahm. His my clasmate. His name --- "

Jaejin grabbed Minhwan's arm and immediately dragged him towards the door.

"Wait. Wait jaejin. Slow down. I'm gonna ---" Too late, Minhwan tripped.

"Jaejin?"

Jaejin stopped. He is hesitating whether to turned around or not. He can hear Dara's footstep moving toward them.

"Jaejin? It's me, your ---"

"Stop! Don't come near me. You're not my sister."

Jaejin went outside running.

"I'm sorry." Minhwan appologized and run after Jaejin. 

 

Hongki didn't know what to do. He didn't have any clue what just happened between Jaejin and Dara. He looked at Dara, "he's your brother?"

Dara nod. "Actually . . . He . . . is my . . . . Dara didn't finish able to finish her sentence. She looked up and saw Hongki at her side but not looking at her.

"Don't think so much, everything will be alright. Dont worry." Hongki went back to the counter without looking at Dara.

Dara was the first employer of the shop and also the one who manage it. The owner, Mr. Yamato, was too old. He visit the shop every 20th day of the month to settle the accounts and give the bonus of the two. Their salary is daily/everyday. The shop was opened just last 6 months ago. Dara and Hongki goes back to work.

It's been one hour but no costumer is entering their shop. Suddenly Hongki got a glimpse of a girl. He was shock when he recognized the girl. He hides under the counter when the girl got inside their shop.

"Welcome to our shop," said Dara greeting the new costumer.

"Hello. I'm looking for an instrument called harmonica."

"Yes, we have it here. Please follow me."

"Here."

"Oh. Beautiful. I'm sure he'll love this."

"Lovely, is that a gift for your borfriend?"

"Ahmm, you see . . ."

"Welcome." Another costumer arrived. "Just a moment I'll come back to you." The girl just nod, her eyes are fixed to the instrument.

"Welcome Sir. Are you looking for something?"

"I'll just look around first."

"Ok sir."  Dara went back to the girl. "Ma'am? Is that all?"

"Ah Yes please."

"Ok ma'am, there's the counter. Eh? Where is Hongki gone to? 

"Is there a problem?"

"Oh. Nothing." Dara walked towards the counter.

"Huh? You're also the cashier?"

"No, my co-worker went to the comfort room. Here. Thanks for buying."

"Welcome and thanks." The girl already left.

"Ouch." Someone poked Dara's knee. She looked down and saw Hongki under the counter hiding. 

"Ehhhh? What are you doing there? Did you know that we have costumers?"

"Is she gone?"

"Gone? Who?"

"Who else? The girl who bought here."

"Oh. She's already gone." Upon hearing that the girl is already not around, Hongki went out from his hiding place.

"Are you hiding from that girl?"

"I'm going to continue my work. Please move from the counter."

"Hey. Tell me are you his ..

"Hello." Dara was stopped because another costumer came. Many costumer are now arriving. Mostly college students are entering their shop. Dara did not ask anymore but Hongki is still bothered. 

What is she doing here in Korea? Why? Hongki feels that the days that will come will be a disaster for him.