Chapter 1: The Transfer Student

LIFE AND FREEDOM (Teenage Angst)

"Why's the weather always like this? It's so hot." Adjusting his school neck tie, Minhwan is ready to go to his old school.

"Yah! How many times did I told you not to loose your neck tie?"

Minhwan glance at his side. There standing at the gate is his neighborhood. "Dara, can't you see how sunny and hot today, just a moment ago I was so fresh, see, now I'm sweating."

"And how many times did I also told you not to call me by my name? It's Miss Dara! Miss Dara! I'm 3 years older than you, you know!"

"But Dara, it's only 3, aw, aw, aw, that hurt! Stop hitting me Dara."

"Ok, ok. Run along now little one."

Minhwan blushed. "Stop saying that Dara. I'm already a grown up man, if you can see it."

"Yeah, yeah. Goodluck to your first day in high school. Bye."

Dara waved goodbye to his childhood friend. Minhwan can't stop from blushing because from the very first day Dara moved and became his neighbor, he can't stop his admiration to her. 

"Ok, bye Dara."

"Wait Minari!" Dara moved outside the gate and approached Minhwan.

"What is it?" Dara now standing in front of Minhwan can't stop herself from grinning. "See, you're now taller than me. I can't believe it."

Minhwan turned pretty red now, he can't believe that he's standing so near to Dara. Yes, this closeness seldom happens but still he can't stop himself from blushing when it comes to Dara. Before Dara can notice it, Minhwan turned around and run.

"Hey, don't run you might get hurt. What's wrong with that kid? Oh my, I'm also late."

 

Minhwan slowly open the room of their classroom.

"Morning Minari."

Minhwan was shocked. He didn't notice that a student was already at their room. "Hey Jaejin, as usual you're so early." 

"What's with the big eyes? You should not be shock because as usual Minari you're the second one to always arrive early at school."

Minhwan blushed.

"And as usual Minari, it's been almost 3 years and you're still so shy."

Minhwan just simply nod and sit at his chair.

 

Several students are now arriving but their teacher is not yet around.

"Classmates, it seems that our great Madam will be late, please continue with whatever you're doing," said the class President with a bright smile that charmed his girl's classmates but if you would really look at him, he seems to be not interested as always.

 

25 minutes before the end of their first subject, their adviser arrived.

"Good morning class. What a beautiful day it is. Oh, you're so early? Very good, very good. It's a great attitude to start the day," Miss Sumigire greets her students. 

"But Miss Sumigire, you're the one who's late and we're not all present, as usual he is late again," complained of the student behind Jaejin.

"Well it is not surprising, right? And Mr. President of all the organization, it's nice to have you in my class, it is so surprising you attended the class."

Jonghun sitting at the farthest corner, well actually the last sit at the farthest right side of the room just gave a warm smile and all the girls can't help to admire him more.

The young teacher just smirked. "Okay, stop with your charm, class, we have a new student who is a transferee. He is from Japan but he is a half Korean. Mr. Lee you can come in now."

All the students head turned to the classroom's door. At the back of it, stood the new student. He is about to grasp the door knob when a tall student slide and hit him, knocking him down. 

"YAY. Good morning Ma'am, the lesson haven't started yet, right?"

"Yes Mr Song, you are right, we haven't started our lesson but if you haven't notice you are very late indeed, the second subject will start soon after I'll introduce the new student in town that you obviously knocked down."

"Eh? Where?" Seunghyun looked at his right and left side.

"Look down Mr. Song."

Seunghyun looked down and saw the new student hit his onto the floor. "Sorry man, haven't seen you there," said Seunghyun offering his hand.

"Really?" The new student just smirked and stand up without accepting Seunghyun's hand. He went through the door without looking at Seunghyun.

Seunghyun just looked at his hand, he felt embarrassed but he just smiled and scratch his head.

"Mr. Song would you like to come in and join the class? And by the way, you're so early for the next subject," the teacher seems so irritated now because of too much distractions.

"Whoah, really Ma'am? And thanks for the offer, gotta find my seat now, nice meeting you friend," Seunghyun with his goofy smile said to the new student now standing beside their teacher looking bored .

The new student just simply looked at Seunghyun without much intesrest for calling him a friend.

"Alright Mr. Lee, would you like to introduce yourself?"

The new student looks like he doesn't really care at all. He is not so tall nor not so short. He has a brown hair with a streak of blond. With a bored look, he introduced his self, "the names Lee Hongki from Japan."

The teacher and the whole class are waiting for him to continue. Hongki got annoyed, "can I sit now?"

"Oh, of course. You can sit beside Mr. Choi. Minhwan please raise your hand."

Minhwan raised his hand. He caught Hongki's eye but Hongki immediately glanced to the other side looking as if he doesn't really care about going to school.

 

For the whole day, it was just an orientation for each subjects. Hongki felt so bored. He stood up and was picking his bag when their male teacher caught him.

"Mr. Lee, where are you going?"

"To the bathroom Sir."

"With your bag?"

"I think so? That's why I'm carrying it now, see?"

"I'm not a fool. Sit down and we'll start our lesson."

Hongki just shrugged but continued to walk towards the door.

"Mr. Lee haven't you heard me? Come back to your seat, don't add to those fools who skip classes," their teacher is now mad.

"I'm not a fool," said Hongki glaring.

"You!"

"Bye, see you soon Sir."

"Hongki!"

Hongki stopped beside the door and looked at his back to see who's calling him. He was so shocked to see Jonghun. "Jonghun? WTF!" exclaimed Hongki and he hurriedly went out to their classroom and immediately walk off.

"Mr. Class President, sit down and don't follow that kid."

Jonghun just stood still. He's face is worried and confuse. The whole class is now looking at him.

 

For their last two subjects, Hongki never returned. Minhwan sighed and looked outside through the window. It's the first day of school but so much happened in an instance. I wonder what will come in the next several days?