The Darkness

The Darkness

 

 
 
 
I could hear the mouses small steps from the attic. The house thin ceiling was everything else than soundproofed. The suns last shine was going down behind a small hill and the darkness come snickering slowly. The dark seemed heavy and extra dark in the small house. The paper thin door between me and the unknown wasn't comforting. I closed my eyes slowly, trying to imagine the summer before all this started. I tried to imagine the days where the darkness didn't seemed so scary and heavy, but I couldn't. The dark had a tight grib in me. The dark had the power and there was nothing I could do. It was horrifying, so easy it was for the dark to get the power over everything and everybody. The darkness... What could fight it? Nothing.... 
 
How did you handle something you couldn't fight down? The answer were simple, you couldn't. I could hear the heavy steps came closer to the door, the cat flap in the buttom of the door opened slowly and almost ghost like. A small plate with cabbage and fish got pushed inside. It was almost creepy how quickly the mouses came and ate it all. Them and their small disgusting paws, the small teeth and the yellow eyes, which lighted up in the dark. They sat there and ate the food, which were intended for me. When they had ate all my food, they disappeared just as fast as they had come. Out through the cracks in the walls. I heard a shoot and i knew that one more were dead..... One more of my family members were gone. Gone forever. Killed. But what could I do? Nothing. The darkness had the power, the dark controlled this horrible house... Way to easy, could I be the next one who had to leave this world. I had waited in many weeks... Waited that someone would come save us from the dark. Now... I just waited on the dead.
 
The weeks went by and as the mouse ate my food, I got thinner and thinner. In the end I were only bones. Almost a  skeleton. The hunger didn't nagged me anymore. The hunger had felt even worse that the fear. The way my stomach screamed after food, the way my mouth went dry and the way my thought only were about one thing... food. The fear had been easier... The way my hearth hurt everytime i heard a shoot. The way i lay on the bundle of clothes, trying to be as small as possible. Trying to hide. The way i hadn't slept in days, because i could hear my mother scream. But the thing which were even worse, were the ignorance. It felt horrible not knowing, who were dead. It felt terrifying not knowing if i were the next. It felt like i were dead, not knowing if i ever would be free. I just felt so empty. A couple weeks before I had tried to catch a mouse... To eat it. I were so hungry... So desperate. That was my only oppetunity.
 
But that had been stupid and had just given me scratches all over my body and tiny bitemarks as well. Making me even more hungry, because my cuts reminded me of red meat....After that i had just given up. I had laid down on a shabby bundle of clothes in the corner. Ready to die. The water, whitch dripped down from the holes in the ceiling, was the thing which had kept me alive. But now it had come to an end. I couldn't move an inch. I couldn't control my body. The darkness had taken control. I closed my eyes and let the dark win. Let it take my body. Remove all my suffering and spread everywhere. Death were simple or so I thought. When i opened my eyes my body lay on the bundle of clothes. Looking very disgusting. Why were i still here?  I looked down at myself. iI was dressed in my summercloth. The cloth i had one before all this happened. Why? The door in the room slowly opened. A woman walked in. She looked frustrated, searching. Finally her look landed on my body. She ran over to it and started sobbing, hysterical. "NO, Minhyun" My mom. My mother found me... But it was already to late. If she just had been here one day before... If she just... Maybe I then still would be alive. The women felt down on the floor, the tears running down her cheeks. There were nothing i could do. I could just watch how the darkness again took the power over her body. Watch how she emotionless took her own sons dead body and throw it out of the window in another room. Watch how her tears changed to a devilish grin. The darkness... Once again had the power over her. And nothing could stop it.
 
# Hope u liked it ^.^