Living a lie

TaecChan stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fic Title: Living a Lie
Main Character: Taecyeon
Pairing: TaecChan
Warnings: , character death
Word count: 7231
Pairing/Character assigned: Taecyeon x Chansung
Movie assigned: Infernal Affairs

 

Taecyeon pants rather harshly as he runs down the street, cutting left into the market place.
“Stop!”
He ignores the man yelling after him, knowing very well what would happen if he did in fact stop.
He knocks over a table stacked with fruit as he runs passed it, hoping to slow down the man who was chasing after him, also knocking over a few people on the way.
People were yelling and screaming as Taecyeon forced his way through the crowd, going against the stream.
He throws a glance over his shoulder to see if he was still being chased and then cuts right, out of the crowd and into an alley.
As he runs through it, he can see a fence blocking his way.
It was however not a problem, because he could easily climb it.

“Stop right there!” the familiar voice rang in Taecyeon’s ears.
He stops and listens, the chaser was even more out of breath than Taecyeon was, which made him smirk.
He could still get away.
“Don’t make me shoot you!”
“Crap…” Taecyeon grumbles when the person says that, he had forgotten he had a gun, and so instead of making a run for it again, he stands still.
“Put your hands where I can see them!” he calls out breathlessly; “And turn around, slowly!”
Taecyeon does as instructed, putting both hands up into the air and slowly turning around as he hears the footsteps getting closer.
When he had turned, the first thing he saw was the gun pointed at his face.
“Alright, you caught me,” Taecyeon spoke in a patronizing tone.
“Shut up,” the man hisses as he uses his free hand to get his handcuffs.
The police officer removed his attention from Taecyeon for two seconds to get the handcuff loose and that was all it took for Taecyeon to snatch the gun from him.
“Now who’s holding the gun you ,” Taecyeon speaks loudly, his voice almost roaring.
“Y-You can’t do that, I’m a police officer,” the man says, making Taecyeon roll his eyes and reach his free hand out to grab hold of the shorter man’s shoulder, roughly pulling at it and then shoving the man against the brick wall.
“Shut the up,” he hisses as he cuffs the officer to the fire escape.
He tosses the gun away after he disarmed it and turned to walk away.
“Yah! I’ll get you for this you punk!” the police officer angrily yells after Taecyeon.
“Yeah, good luck with that,” Taecyeon calls back while laughing.

Taecyeon continues to laugh about it all the way back to the headquarters.
When he enters the meeting room, everybody looks up.
Some were happy to see him, and some not, just like usual.
“Damn man, I thought they caught you!” one of the guys says in an overly relieved tone.
“Hey, you know they’ll never catch me,” Taecyeon boasts as he proceeds to walk through the room, the boss had sent for him by text.
He made his way into Mr. Chang’s office, with the said man was four others.
Taecyeon could tell that it was a very serious matter since he had only sent for his most trusted and skilled gangsters.
“So what’s up?” Taecyeon asks, being the first person to speak.
“You all know that we successfully planted a mole in the Seoul City Police Department,” Chang starts off saying.
“He has recently found out that the police force has also, successfully planted a mole in my gang. That is why the deal last week and today went south. Now, I have a lot of men who are involved in a lot of missions so to find him will not be easy. I need you guys to find him. And also if you suspect anyone, you will report to me at once,” he says strictly.
“I know who the mole is,” one of the men speaks up, catching everyone’s attention and making them curious.
“Well?” Chang speaks, a little annoyed when the guy did not just reveal it at once.
“It’s that prick over there, Taecyeon,” he snarls as he stands up and points a finger at Taecyeon.
“What the makes you think I’m the ing cop you er,” Taecyeon hisses as he fists his hands, getting ready to punch the guy.
“That is…a very reasonable question. Junho?” Chang says, questioning the man who accused Taecyeon of being the mole in the gang.
“Just think about it boss! What better way to hide than right under your nose!” Junho starts to explain.
Chang raises an eyebrow, Taecyeon just getting angrier and the other guys there just shutting up.
“He’s ing your nephew for crying out loud! It’s the perfect cover!”
“Yeah well maybe you want to throw the suspicion off of someone else by saying that?” Taecyeon speaks through gritted teeth.
“Oh yeah, who the would I try to cover for?” Junho responds, raising his voice.
“I don’t know, YOU! You sound like a ing cop to me,” Taecyeon too raises his voice.
“You er!” Junho yells as he lashes forward and throws a punch at the bigger man, but Taecyeon adverted the punch by grabbing hold of Junho’s hand landing a punch of his own right in his stomach.
Junho cringes in pain as he goes down on the floor.
“That’s enough!” Chang yells; “Sit your down!”
He angrily glares at Taecyeon and then at Junho when he gets up and takes a seat too.
“First off, if you think you can use my nephew to get close to me then you are very much mistaken! Mole or not, I will cut your head off if you exploit him!” Chang yells loudly, making everyone in the room flinch.
“And you! If you ever talk about my nephew like that again I will cut your off and feed it to the fish!”
Junho swallows hard and sinks down in his seat more as Chang looks at him all angry like that.
“Now get out, the both of you!” Chang snarls.
When Taecyeon closed the door, he could just barely hear Chang telling the guys still inside to keep an eye on both him and Junho.
Taecyeon curses under his breath as he leaves the house and makes his way home.

It was already way past midnight when Taeceon returned to his apartment.
What was supposed to be a clean drug deal had turned into a disaster when the police had suddenly barged in.
Needless to say, quite a lot of Chang’s people were arrested, just a hand full of them managed to get away.

Taecyeon softly curses as he pulls his sweater off and tosses it on the floor as he makes his way to the bedroom.
He dressed down to his underwear when he had gotten inside.
The reading light was still on, and the book that Chansung had been reading was still in the sleeping man’s grasp.
Taecyeon smiles to himself as he gazes upon his sleeping lover’s figure.
He looked so cute lying there all curled up with one hand tucked under his chin and the other stretched out on Taecyeon’s side of the bed, clutching the open book.
Taecyeon moves onto the bed and very gently removes the book from Chansung’s tight grasp.
He places it on the night stand, careful so that the page Chansung had gotten to would not get lost.
The bigger man then reaches out to gently drag his fingers across the smaller man’s forehead, brushing his bangs out of his face.
Chansung let out a soft little sound of approval at the touch and tucks the hand that had been holding the book under his chin as well.
Taecyeon leans forward and presses a light kiss to his younger lover’s forehead before slipping under the covers and getting comfortable.

It was not normal for him to get home to an already sleeping lover, it was not normal at all for him to arrive home this late.
He closes his eyes in an attempt to fall to sleep, but he ends up flinching a bit when he hears his lover’s sleepy voice.
“You’re late,” he says.
Taecyeon opens his eyes and peeks over at him, smiling a little when he sees the younger glaring at him.
He lightly chuckles as he shifts on the bed, moving closer to his lover and slipping his arms around him.
“Yah, who said you could touch me?” Chansung scolds.
Taecyeon just smiles and nuzzles his nose against Chansung’s cheek as he knew all too well that his lover was just messing with him, but if he by any chance wasn’t then he would not stay mad at him for much longer anyway.
Chansung lets out a heavy sigh and snuggles closer to the bigger man.
“I’m still waiting for your excuse,” he says as he looks up at his older lover, he was curious to know what had kept his lover from coming home in time for supper.
“The police showed up. They almost caught the entire group,” Taecyeon speaks calmly and barely louder than a whisper.
Chansung’s expression turns worried when he hears the news and he reaches out to gently his lover’s handsome face, showing that he was glad Taecyeon got away.
“I’m really tired baby, let’s just talk about it tomorrow yeah?”
“Sure, get some sleep Taec,” Chansung softly murmurs as he rubs his thumb against the older man’s jaw, taking a few seconds to admire his lover’s handsome features. 
They share a short, tender kiss before they both laid back and let sleep wash over them.

“Here, I’ll contact you on this phone and this phone only. Remember, the best way to get close to Chang is through his nephew.”
Taecyeon nods his head as his listens to his supervisor, the chief of police.
“If anything goes wrong, contact me and I’ll get you out.”

 

Taecyeon turns around on the bed, his head twitching a little as old and unpleasant memories begin to surface, haunting him in his dreams.
Almost eight years had passed since Taecyeon became part of Chang Hanbyul’s gang.
At first it was just a mission to infiltrate the gang and bring it down, a secret mission only Taecyeon and Busan’s former chief of police knew about, but when his supervisor died Taecyeon had no way of getting out.
Not that he really wanted to get out anymore.
During his time working for Chang, Taecyeon had found himself falling madly in love with his boss’ nephew, and therefore, when his supervisor died, he did not pressure the Busan police department into looking through the late police chief’s personal belongings to find the files on him and the secret mission.

When night broke in to day and the rays of sharp sunlight came through the window to shine upon the sleeping man’s face, he began to slowly awaken.
Taecyeon groaned softly and rubbed his eyes, not really making an effort to get up, than was until the faint scent of freshly brewed coffee started to fill his nostrils.
He pretty much rolls out of bed and rubs at his eyes once more as he makes his way out to the kitchen where the smell came from.
“Ah, there you are. I was beginning to worry that you might not wake up,” Chansung speaks in a teasing tone as he hands his lover a cup of coffee; “You look like . Do you want me to call my uncle and tell him you’ll stay at home today?”
“No it’s okay, I’ll go to work,” Taecyeon softly murmurs as he sips on his coffee.
“Are you sure?” Chansung questions, his voice filled with concern.
“Mmh,” Taecyeon just nods his head and smiles tiredly at his lover.
“Silly hyung, you’re too tired to go to work,” Chansung says, insisting as he moves to sit on his lover’s lap, slipping his arms around the bigger man’s neck.
Taecyeon raises an eyebrow when Chansung does that, but he smiles anyway.
“Oh yeah?” he asks as he places his cup on the table before moving his hands to rest them on Chansung’s hips.
“Yeah…” Chansung responds, his voice playful.
He leans forward and kisses the bigger man, slowly and sensually.
Taecyeon accepts the kiss, deepening it while tightening his hold on the younger man’s hips.

Chansung softly groans when he feels Taecyeon’s tongue slipping into his mouth, he lightly on the slick muscle as he begins to roll his hips on top of the older man’s, one of his hands sliding down Taecyeon’s front.
“Mmh babe..I really need to go to work,” Taecyeon murmurs against his lover’s lips; “Your uncle-”
“My uncle can go screw himself,” Chansung answers back, cutting his lover’s sentence short.
It makes Taecyeon chuckle every time Chansung badmouths his uncle, not because it was particularly funny, but simply because his lover was so tough whenever his uncle nowhere around.
“Baby…you spoiled the mood,” Chansung lightly whines as he playfully slaps his older lover’s shoulder.
The younger man moves off of Taecyeon’s lap and sighs.
“You’re such an idiot. You’re supposed to be loyal to me and not my uncle,” he says and presses his lips together as folds his hands across his chest.
“Don’t be like that, you know my loyalty lies with you. It’s just that with this mole business I need to be there. He already suspects me,” Taecyeon explains as he reaches out for Chansung.
“It’s still unfair,” Chansung points out but detangles his hands to hold Taecyeon’s.
“I’ll tell you what, I will come home early today and we’ll eat out.”
“And if my uncle says no?” Chansung questions while raising an eyebrow, awaiting his lover’s answer.
“Then I’ll tell him to go himself,” Taecyeon says while nodding his head at his own words.
“Yeah right,” Chansung snorts and shakes his head; “Go get dressed, you wouldn’t want to show up late for work.”
“You’re the best,” Taecyeon says as he stands up, kissing his lover’s cheek before he turns and makes his way to the bedroom.
Chansung sighs in defeat as he checks the time, he would be alone for two hours before he had to make his way to his own workplace
He makes a face as he shuffles to the bathroom, he might as well show up early for once.

“Hey Taec. Taec? Yo Taecyeon!”
Taecyeon snaps back into reality when someone yells his name.
He looks up at the guy, clearly confused.
“Boss wants us to go collect,” the young man by the name Wooyoung tells him.
“Seriously?” Taecyeon frowns, looking from Wooyoung to another even younger man standing next to him; “And we have to bring the newbie? .”
“That’s what he said,” Wooyoung says before the other guy cuts in.
“My name is-” but before he could even finish, Taecyeon had stood up and went on to leave.
Wooyoung hit the back of the kid’s head hard.
“Show some respect! Just one bad remark about you to the boss from him and you’ll be removed just like that,” Wooyoung warns, letting the newcomer know that Taecyeon was one of the boss’ best and most loyal men.
The boy rubbed the back of his head where Wooyoung had hit him while he followed him outside to catch up with Taecyeon.

When Taecyeon first started working for Chang, he did a lot of money collecting.
At first he would just accompany one of the other guys and stay watch while he would beat up the ones refusing to pay, but eventually he had to take over and show Chang that he was loyal to him.
Taecyeon did most of what he was told, the reason as easy as survival.
Up through the years Taecyeon had done a lot of bad things, things that made him feel sick of himself and also making him lose himself bit by bit.
He had gone so deep that even if his supervisor hadn’t died so suddenly, it would be really hard to get him out alive.
Taecyeon had many times thought about running away.
He knew Chang’s men would find him and kill him when he did, but that was not what kept him from running, that was not the anchor keeping him at bay.
Chansung was.

Chansung was the only reason he was still alive, and the only person who Taecyeon could be his true self around.
His lifestyle and attitude that had totally changed after joining the gang was still that of a gang member, but that small part that was left of his real self was kept alive by Chansung’s caring nature.
Chansung was what kept Taecyeon human.

The day dragged on longer than Taecyeon had expected, and when he asked Chang if he could get off early to spend time with Chansung, something he had promised his younger lover, he was denied permission to do so.
Already when he knew he wouldn’t be able to keep his promise, Taecyeon called his lover, but he did not pick up.
He probably knew what Taecyeon was going to say and was angry with him, he could not blame him.
Things had already gotten very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter