Prologue VII

The 13th Shadowchild
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The walk to Sooman’s house had been incredibly long, silent, and...HELLISHLY TEDIOUS. You had been walking for over an hour now, and your feet felt so sore. You wished you wore your old Converse shoes instead of your girly sandals.

 

The sun was high up in the sky. It was so hot you could feel your clothes clinging to your sweaty body, bangs pasting obnoxiously on your forehead. The sight of the green meadows beside the road really looked tempting but Sehun kept walking ahead of you and never let you rest.

 

Suddenly you stopped dead on your tracks and stared at Sehun’s back as you watched him walk farther away from you. He had his hands tucked into his jeans pockets. He looked pretty cool, now that you thought about it. The idea that he liked you that way made you really feel flattered that you wanted to befriend him even more even though he was so adamant in staying away from you. Gosh, Sehun was being awkward.

 

And if it weren’t for your I’m-one-of-the-guys type of personality, you would’ve never known how handle guys like Sehun. Watching his back reminded you of your own self from roughly three years ago. You had always poured your energy into studying and hanging out with your friends. To your chagrin, boys always flocked to you and comprised your circle of best friends. The trend had always been the same ever since you were a kid. And you kind of dreaded it that you couldn’t quite break free from your own curse. So technically speaking, you never had a female best friend your entire life! Poor you! Even though you wished to have a girl friend whom you can share your girl secrets with every time your birthday came around or whenever you got to see a shooting star from the window of your room.

 

You jogged your way towards Sehun and decided to trot beside him even though he had warned you beforehand to keep a distance from him because he didn’t trust himself to be around you just yet.

 

When he noticed you beside him, he bent low enough so that your eyes became level. You gasped in surprise. He smirked and paced faster than you. You frowned at him and tried to catch up with his pace.

 

Sehun groaned. “I told you to keep your distance from me.”

 

“I don’t want to,” you insisted. “How much time before we get there, by the way?”

 

He shrugged, a smile playing across his face.

 

You elbowed him on the side.

 

He swayed to his side and threw a glare at you. “We’re not friends yet.”

 

“But you like me.”

 

“HO-HO!” Sehun exclaimed, running a hand through his blond hair. “Didn’t I tell you not to get so full of yourself?”

 

You smiled at him triumphantly. “You’re the one implying that you like me that way. What I meant was, you really do like me as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter