00-003

The 13th Shadowchild
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is double update! Don't forget to check the previous chapter, in case you haven't read it yet. Enjoy~

 

 

I was on my way to Sooman’s house when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I didn’t bother to look at the caller’s ID and just answered the call.

 

“YAH!” I pulled my phone away from my ear. It was Park Chanyeol. Definitely Park Chanyeol. He was the only one who would shout at me like that. Aish, my eardrum would explode if he screamed like that on the other line.

 

“What’s your problem?” I asked rudely.

 

“Where are you?” he demanded.

 

“I’m walking right now to Sooman's.”

 

“Alone?”

 

“Yes, alone.”

 

“WHY DID YOU GO ALONE!!! Aren’t you aware of the dangers that vampires might attack you at this hour? We've talked about this already, Sunmi-ah. You can't wander around without aa guardian!” Chanyeol shouted.

 

Gosh, he was really mad.

 

“Why didn’t you take Kai with you??!!”

 

Park Chanyeol was beyond furious. I pursed my lips as I tried to make up a legit excuse.

 

“He has class.”

 

“He could teleport you in a split of second. How can that be a waste of time?!”

 

Then, I hung up. There was no way I could win this argument. A second after, my phone rang again. Sighing, I turned it off so Chanyeol couldn’t reach me.

 

It was already 8:30PM and I was already running late for Vampirology.

 

The boys’ night classes started around 7PM, and I didn’t want to bother them. I didn’t want to call Kai to tell him, ‘Hey, Kai, I’ve got class. Please teleport me to Sooman’s place.’ That seemed rude to me.

 

But I could understand how Chanyeol felt. Even in this campus, I wasn’t safe without any of the boys. I was defenseless. All I could do was, perhaps, scream in the face of danger—if it ever came. Hopefully, it won't.

 

I sighed. If I were really a Lu, I should have vampire powers too, right?

 

I sighed. How the hell did I get that curse anyway? Why was I cursed in the first place?

 

Questions continued to pop in my head one after another so that when I reached Sooman’s house, my head was already reeling. I rang the doorbell once and was surprised when I realized that I wasn’t looking at Sooman face-to-face.

 

“What are you doing here?” The first question spewed forth instantly from my mouth at the sight of this beautiful creature before me. Even until now, I was both bothered and comforted by his presence.

 

Though I had to say, the man before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter