Happy Reunion

The Next Door

            Kyungsoo looked around frantically, eyes wide opened. I should have gotten Baekhee to bring me on a tour around the goddamned neighbourhood. He turned around and gazed to the place he came from. He walked back and slumped against a light post. Looks like I have to wait here till someone finds me.

 


            “Mom, I’m gonna walk around for a bit.”  Baekhee said quietly before heading to the door. “Alright, don’t get lost and remember to bring your phone just in case I need to contact you.” Mrs Hwang yelled from the kitchen. Baekhee’s mom was always in the kitchen, cooking something weird and forcing her to eat it. She went out to the pavement and turned right to find Luhan on the phone, worry written all over his face.

 

            “Luhan? Is everything alright?” He looked up and faced Baekhee.

            “Kyungsoo is missing. He doesn’t have his phone with him either.” Luhan answered. That idiot. He doesn’t know the place well yet he still went out.

“I’ll go look for him.” Baekhee’s words brought him back to reality. She went straight ahead, but Luhan grabbed her wrist. “Can I follow you?” Baekhee nodded hastily, and continued walking.

He followed after Baekhee, observing her back profile. She has a nice bod- Luhan suddenly shook his head. Snap out of it, Xi Luhan! You’re here to find your brother, not observe your neighbour! “Luhan. Luhan.” Baekhee called him out softly. “A-ah, yes?” Luhan blushed a little at his own thoughts. “Why did Kyungsoo walk out of the house although he knew he didn’t know the place?” “I think it was because of something I said that made him angry.” She nodded, not wanting to question any further.

 


“He’s not here.” Luhan concluded.

“No. Don’t think of that yet. I’m guessing he might have gone to the next neighbourhood.” Baekhee said firmly. Luhan glanced at her. He had never met a girl that was this firm. Most of them would probably panic, but Baekhee was different.

Baekhee walked ahead with long strides, and Luhan was having a hard f as time catching up with her. “Pinewood Street.” He mumbled to himself as he walked past a sign. Who in the world would even name a street after a tree.

“Kyungsoo?” Baekhee called out, carefully watching a figure crouch next to a lamp post. Luhan looked up, and saw his brother. “Yah! Kyungsoo ah!” He ran up to Kyungsoo and hugged him tightly. “Pabo. Running from home when you don’t even know the way around.” The elder lightly knocked the younger’s head. Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly. “Sorry, hyung. I won’t run away anymore if you think before you speak.” Luhan nodded and smiled softly. “I promise.”

Baekhee watched them from a distance, unconsciously smiling to herself. This pair of siblings is really something.

 


I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry that this (short) update took so long >< kill me if you want :( I was really busy with visiting houses for Hari Raya Celebrations and studying for tests. Tell me, what kind of teachers give students 3 tests in one day. Guess. A cookie for you if you can figure it out. :3 Hopefully I’ll be able to update sooner and a longer update. I swear, I have been lagging behind on this story like seriously. I promise that the next update will be up by this week and it will be a longer one. ^^ Also, huge thanks to chasingmelody for the awesome poster and background. You’re really good! <3 She’s currently busy with loads of requests, so you guys have to wait to send in your order. ^^ Do check out her shop!

〈 Sweet Confessions Graphics Shop 〉

 

-Hajir