The Only Way

The Next Door

Luhan scratched his head and sighed.Whyof all subjects, does science have to be the hardest? Especially biology? He stared at his phone, wondering whether to call up the entire gang to his place, including Baekhee. I should probably ditch studies for today. Let’s see what Kyungsoo is up to.

 

“Kyungsoo! Stop studying, we have company!” Luhan yelled as he entered his brother’s room. Kyungsoo turned around to face him.

 

“What? The entire gang is coming over?”

 

“Well, technically not yet. I just came over to see what you were doing so I can invite them here. I’ll go ask eomma and appa .”

 

Luhan ran out of the room and up the stairs to his parents room. “Eomma! Appa! Can my friends come over?”

 

“What about your studies, dear?” Mdm Xi looked at him. Parents. Always trying to drag studies into the conversation.

 

“Eomma, I’ve been studying for the past 2 hours. A solid 2 hours, you know. I need some kind of relaxation. Something to keep my mind off the exams so I don’t feel stressed out and grow white hair when I’m only 17. Anyways, they’re coming over!” He said and ran back to his room.

 

He grabbed his phone and called Sehun.

 

“Sehun-ah!  I have a favour to ask from you!”

 

“Sure, hyung. What is it?”

 

“I’m inviting the entire group over to my house. Do you mind helping me to call Tao, Kris, Jongin, Joonmyeon and Yixing? I can’t call all 10 without any help.”

 

“Wow, what’s this? Hyung isn’t letting me call Baekhee noona?”

 

“She’s my neighbour, you idiot.” Luhan growled.

 

“Woah, okay, okay! She’s all yours; I’m not dumb enough to snatch her away from you.”

 


Baekhee knocked on the door a few minutes after Luhan had called her. Kyungsoo opened the door and smiled.

 

“Baekhee-ah!”

 

“Kyungsoo oppa!”

 

She enveloped her oppa-by-a-few-months in a hug, smiling too. He didn’t talk much at school because, hell, that guy was too busy paying attention and up to the teacher, so it was certainly surprising to see him away from his books this time.

 

“Little girl, haven’t talked to you for sometime, eh?”

 

Baekhee playfully pouted and hit his arm. “Yah, I’m no longer a little girl. But why am I here? And where is everybody?”

 

“You were the first one that Luhan called, plus you live beside us,” Kyungsoo said, “Chanyeol can’t come, because he got into some deep with his parents; Jongdae too, but instead he’s got a date. Hyung is still calling-”

 

Luhan rushed down when he heard Kyungsoo talking to Baekhee and grabbed her wrist to follow him to his room before his dongsaeng could finish talking.

 

“Hyung! Where are you going with her?”

 

No answer. Luhan had already gone up with Baekhee and closed, or more likely, slammed the door close. Silence filled the air as two words started ringing in Kyungsoo’s head. No answer. No goddamn answer.

 

He had lost count of how many times there wasn’t an answer to his questions. Too many times, in fact. Even if he were to beg for it, there was only silence. But why didn’t his heart hurt as bad as last time? Why? Maybe he was used to it. Maybe he was sick and tired of everything, he didn’t really cared anymore. Maybe his heart couldn’t be any more tattered; numb to any kind of pain. For Kyungsoo, it was lying on shattered glass and never being able to get up. It was like the glass was part of his life now. The pain never seemed to go away, no matter how hard he tried. That was why he focused on studying. It helped to distract the pain. It was the only way out. The only way to distract him from his past. The only way to distract him from how Luhan treated him in the past. The only way to distract him from the misery he faced right when he was born.

 


First of all, I am really sorry. I neglected this story right after my short visit back to my home country, and somehow I didn’t have enough energy to write anything. Second of all, wow, finally some emo right in this story. It won’t stop though. People from Kyungsoo’s, Luhan’s and Baekhee’s past will start to appear, and that’s when we start the action. It’ll start getting a little angsty from the next chapter onwards, so be prepared. And that’s when Kyungsoo’s and Luhan’s past will be revealed! :D But not everything though. Hinting time! Go back to the forward and re-read it again. Just read. I’m not going to tell you what to look out for, so you have to be able to read in between lines to know what will happen in the next chapter. ^^ Third of all, if you guys didn’t know, I joined a fb based rp. ^^ It’s really fun there; it’s really active and you’ll never get bored. AND I’M SERIOUS. The admins there are just perfection tbh sobs. So, join maybe? You’ll be able to see me online most of the time. ^^ Join juseyoooooooooooooooooooo~

 

SHAMELESSLY PROMOTING THE BEST RP I’VE JOINED

MADE IN 한국 RP

-Hajir